Profile for Louis E. Sather > Reviews

Content by Louis E. Sather

Louis E. Sather (Madison, Wisconsin United States)

Doctor Who: The Reign of Terror [DVD]
Doctor Who: The Reign of Terror [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Hartnell
Price: 7.76

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, but Not Perfect, 27 Feb 2013
I loved being able to see the complete story and I hope they will be able to 'restore' more stories that have episodes missing from the BBC archives. For the most part I enjoyed the animation style, but there were points when the heads seemed to bob about for no particular reason (possibly to mimic subtle movements the actors might make), but I found that distracting. I prefered the animation used to 'restore' the Patrick Troughton story "The Invasion". But my personal tastes aside, PLEASE keep animating more of the missing stories! The soundtracks all exist and most of the missing stories have the camera-stills for reference. I would love to see "The Ice Warriors", "The Faceless Ones", "The Abominable Snowmen" and "The Web of Fear" all restored.

King Lear [DVD]
King Lear [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ian McKellen
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 4.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Stellar Cast and Incredible Production!, 3 Oct 2008
This review is from: King Lear [DVD] (DVD)
I was fortunate to see the RSC's stage production of "King Lear" twice during it's World Tour stop in Minneapolis and Ian McKellan was impressive to say the least. His command of the role kept me on the edge of my seat. I was also impressed with the performances of Frances Barber, Romola Garai and Sylvester McCoy, all of whom held their own very well when on-stage with McKellan. Having this production preserved on DVD is a real treat. My only disappointment is they didn't also record "The Seagull", which used most of the same cast and was running with "King Lear" in repertoire.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 1, 2014 11:00 PM BST