Profile for Mrs. N. A. Simpson > Reviews

Content by Mrs. N. A. Simpson

Mrs. N. A. Simpson (Sunny Southend,UK)

Tongue Twisters for Kids
Tongue Twisters for Kids

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 Aug. 2014
I would give this book 5 stars I loved it it is handy if you learning about tongue twisters and they are funny as well

The Memoirs of Cleopatra
The Memoirs of Cleopatra
by Margaret George

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 19 Jan. 2011
I bought this book on some of the previous recommendations.... as I was interested in learning more about this part of history. The first thing is that the book is huge, very think with small text. Un-deterred I started to read and even though in the first few chapters quite a lot happens, in terms of murder and change.. the description to me was disappointing and did not leave me wanting more. I persevered, but in the end gave up... it was all just a bit dreary. Yes, there was lots of decsription, but a bit too much at times, I found myself skimming over it and then jumped to the end of the book to read last chapter- Was very disappointed given the other reviews stated here.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2014 2:59 PM BST

Moving on: Breaking Up without Breaking Down (Relate Relationships)
Moving on: Breaking Up without Breaking Down (Relate Relationships)
by Suzie Hayman

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me feel so much better- Buy It!, 21 Dec. 2010
I know this sounds like a cliche, but this book has changed my life. Just coming out of a marriage with kids and was in such an emotional black hole... this book helped me to reflect (and accept) what has happened with practial tips to help manage the situation with the children and how to 'close' off this relationship and look forward to the future. People have asked me what has changed me recently and I answer this book- Buy it I cant recommend it enough!

Relate - After The Affair: How to build trust and love again
Relate - After The Affair: How to build trust and love again
by Julia Cole

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me feel so much better- Buy it!, 21 Dec. 2010
Reading this book helped me to understand so much, when you are in the thick of all the emotions, it is sometimes so hard to analyse 'what and why'which is what I needed to do. It also covers the subject from the person who is having/had the affair, as well as the 'victim' which was also an interesting view point. Would not hesitate in recommending this book

Babel [DVD]
Babel [DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste 2 hours of your time, 19 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Babel [DVD] (DVD)
I was full of anticipation when this film arrived, I had waited ages to see it and love Brad and Cate Blanchett.

After about half an hour the film had not engaged me but I decided to stick with it. In my opinion there were some unnecssary slightly offensive scenes which didnt fit into the plot (I use plot in the loosest sense)

After a very painful couple of hours, during which my husband had actually fallen asleep, the film ended with one of those 'what was that all about' feeling. Trying to exercise my intellect I gathered the link between the stories was the gun but even with this link I couldnt see the attraction.

Brad looks old and the roles that he and Cate played did nothing to stretch or demonstrate their ability.

I cant tell you how disappointed I was with this film, dont bother watching it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2009 10:15 AM BST