Profile for Mr. P. T. Trainor > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. T. Trainor

Mr. P. T. Trainor "petemachine" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 600
BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 600

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor device, 26 May 2014
Very disappointing. Reasonably easy to install and setup but the range is really awkward. Finding a good spot between 'too close' and 'too far' is really impossible. I wouldn't recommend purchasing these.

London Riots
London Riots

2.0 out of 5 stars Shockingly written, 29 Oct. 2012
This review is from: London Riots (Kindle Edition)
I've been studying the London riots for a while now and I happened upon this for my Kindle. My advice is avoid it unless you absolutely need to read everything on the topic being discussed. Littered with grammatical errors & doesn't even make sense in places. This reads like a hatchet job of all the various sources of content published on the subject. If you want a good, affordable account of the riots then turn to the Guardian book published on the matter.

Wasted in Jackson
Wasted in Jackson

5.0 out of 5 stars Big debut from the little songstress, 25 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Wasted in Jackson (Audio CD)
A big big debut album here. I've heard a lot of manufactured rubbish over the last few years so Lauren brings a welcome break from the norm. It's deep, uplifting in parts and bleak in others... huge vocals & interesting arrangements... 'The Island Effect' for sure. A concept album that delivers on so many levels, not least for finally releasing the full array of talent of Ms Pritchard onto the public. Hear her live & it validates every song & lyric sung on this album, she means it all and I suspect this raconteur is only going to get stronger as her career progresses.

In the era of the TV pop production line we absolutely HAVE to get behind raw talent like Lauren, she's a glimmer of hope in a music industry dominated by talent-show-tabloid-here-today-gone-tomorrow wannabies.

Five Star Album. No doubt about it.

Black Swan (Deluxe Edition)
Black Swan (Deluxe Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a grower..., 22 Sept. 2009
I actually dismissed it the first time I listened to it. Didn't think it was up to their previous standards... then I went back to it a couple of days later and gave it another go... wow... I haven't stopped listening to it since. Its immaculate. An instant classic. Some of their best work for sure. Its definitely going to rate in my top 5 albums of 2009 list.

Eat Me, Drink Me
Eat Me, Drink Me

3.0 out of 5 stars Return to form? Or return to the tried & tested?, 5 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Eat Me, Drink Me (Audio CD)
...I'm torn... on one hand, as a long term Mansonite I'm thrilled an albums come along that's such a retreat to the Holywood era... and yet at the same time from one of the most reinvented & inspiring musical artists for generations, it somehow feels quite lazy this album? One of the things I love about Manson is his ability to thrill... to move across tastes & genres with ease & always stamp his mark on it. To me this album is outstanding as a piece of music....... just not that outstanding as a Manson album, I feel like I've heard it before!?

The Departed [Soundtrack]
The Departed [Soundtrack]

3.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack... one flaw..., 24 April 2007
...so the movie wouldn't be half the movie it is without such a brilliant soundtrack. I mean seriously, it really it first class... BUT... one of the best tunes of the movie is missing off the soundtrack... "Gimme Shelter" by the Rolling Stones... its the song that opens the movie... its the best song in the film & they left it off the soundtrack? Why? It's the reason I can only give the soundtrack 3 stars instead of the 4 or 5 it deserves. A real shame.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 2, 2014 10:48 PM BST

The Black Parade
The Black Parade

5.0 out of 5 stars A new era of rock glory?, 30 Oct. 2006
This review is from: The Black Parade (Audio CD)
Three words: "Amazing", "Rock" & "Opera"... its like the classiest piece of rock commited to tape in a long time. Every song sounds like a masterclass in pushing the boundary a bit. Granted it's way over produced & I'm sure these boys will struggle to re-create the albums glory live, but who cares, this is a genius piece of music. If you like a good foot stamping rock chorus then buy this album! It's genius.

Topping my albums of 2006 list without a shadow of a doubt.

Rudebox
Rudebox
Offered by davehopetrading

2.0 out of 5 stars Never believe the hype!, 23 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Rudebox (Audio CD)
I've read alot of positive reviews & press about Rudebox from some really reputable sources, so I thought I'd brush the title track aside & give the album a listen... geez... I admire the man for taking a risk with sound, but dear god this album sucks. I've given it 2 stars because the two Pet Shop Boys tracks are pretty good as far as Pet Shop Boys songs go. The rest of the album is weak. The lyrics are diabolical, the tunes can be catchy in places, but I'm afraid to say that the weakest link in this chain is Williams himself. His voice is shocking & his lyrics a let down.

Better luck next time!

Doom Patrol TP Vol 01 Crawling From The Wreckage
Doom Patrol TP Vol 01 Crawling From The Wreckage
by Grant Morrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius!, 22 Mar. 2006
Loved it. The Doom Patrol are great anyway. Morrison has broke the mould & created something so bizarre its verging on ridiculous... but thats the point of the genre isn't it! You can be THAT crazy & still make it compelling. The Doom Patrol are brilliant... the story fun & zaney... the artwork quite brilliant in places. Bring on more Doom Patrol I say.

New Cardiff: Film tie-in
New Cardiff: Film tie-in
by Charles Richard Webb

4.0 out of 5 stars Y'know what... I enjoyed it..., 22 Mar. 2006
You know when you get hold of one of those books thats you kinda don't want to read because its not your usual type, but you give it a go because theres nothing else around to read at the time... and then by the time you've got hooked on it, read it from start to finish in a couple of days & you think "ahh, I learnt a lesson there because I really enjoyed this book" - well that was this book. Throughly enjoyable. Funny, simple but challenging enough to get you hooked. Give it a go, even if you're a boy who doesn't normally read the slushys, this one will give you something to smile about!

Page: 1 | 2