Profile for beached > Reviews

Content by beached

beached "beached"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Galaxy Note 3 Case, Caseology [Leather Skin] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Case [Brown] Premium PU Leather Cover Shock Absorbent TPU Armor Bumper Galaxy Note 3 Case (for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Verizon, Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked)
Offered by MODN Mall

5.0 out of 5 stars It arrived in good time and good condition, 20 July 2014
Purchased as a present. It arrived in good time and good condition, and the recipient and I were both impressed by the smart appearance. Very good value.

Dinosaur Pirates!
Dinosaur Pirates!
by Duncan A. Bouchard

4.0 out of 5 stars Dinosaur Pirates!, 19 Mar 2014
This review is from: Dinosaur Pirates! (Paperback)
An amusing little tale by a new young author, to be encouraged. I hope he'll produce more. Pity he's killed off his protagonists, but I'm sure he can find a way round that!

ThL W200 Android 4.2 Smart Phone MTK6589T 1.5GHz 8GB ROM Dual Camera 5.0 Inch HD IPS Screen
Offered by Jerphone & Parts

5.0 out of 5 stars ThL W200 Android 4.2 Smart Phone MTK6589T 1.5GHz 8GB ROM Dual Camera 5.0., 26 Jan 2014
Supplied by Bettywell, arrived within 48 hours of order, with no additional delivery charges.

I am delighted with this phone, for the time being at least. I bought a Star N8000 14 months ago, and was initially delighted with it, but sadly the charging system fell over after just over a year, so I am slightly chary.
But this phone, which does cost about £50 more than the Star's current price, is quite superior; better picture, clearer sound, faster navigation and slightly slimmer so more pocket friendly. It has a quality feel.
The insertion of charging leads is slightly fiddly, so that I'm a little apprehensive after my previous experience, but at present it charges fast (about 3 hours for virtually a full charge) and lasts well - best part of a day with a number of apps - GPS, Google assistant etc running constantly.
I am particularly pleased with multi-tasking and speech-to-text.
Full marks for now; if it deteriorates over time I'll update this report.

Amplicomms BigTel 280 Big Button Amplified Cordless Single DECT Telephone with Answering Machine - White
Offered by Hearing Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Amplicomms BigTel 280 Big Button Amplified Cordless Single DECT Telephone, 26 Jan 2014
Purchased as a Xmas Present for a lady in her late seventies who has moderate to severe hearing impairment. This was a third attempt to find a suitable DECT phone, and it works very satisfactorily. I intend to add a satellite phone from the same source shortly

Offered by Digimax Online (UK) Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars REPLACEMENT 2500mAh BATTERY FOR N8000 / N8000+ MTK6577 DUALCORE DUAL SIM MOBILE PHONE SMARTPHONE BY DIGIMAXONLINE (UK) LTD, 12 Jan 2014
I ordered this item because the 2 batteries with my 14 month old Star N8000 were failing to charge, and in fact discharging completely when attempting to charge. This battery behaved the same way, which enabled me to conclude that the fault lay with the phone. Pity, but I gather I am far from alone in experiencing charging trouble; I hesitate to buy another similar Chinese phone, although I had otherwise been very pleased with it. Special honours to Digimaxonline, who had the battery to me within 24 hours of ascertaining it was what I wanted.

Maglus Stylus with replaceable tip - iPad / iPhone / Fire / Galaxy & Touchscreen Tablets / Phones
Offered by Special Import Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Maglus Stylus by Applydea sold by Digidave., 12 Jan 2014
The Maglus Stylus by Applydea was bought as a Christmas present. The recipient said she was very pleased with it, and found it particularly useful for ticking check boxes.

N800 Mini Android 4.0 MTK6575 3G GPS WiFi 4.3 Inch 5.0 MP Camera
N800 Mini Android 4.0 MTK6575 3G GPS WiFi 4.3 Inch 5.0 MP Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Star N800 Mini Android 4.0 smartphone, 3 Oct 2013
Having previously bought the N8000 Star Note and been very pleased with it I recommended the mini note to my better half. We are amazed by the range of operations available on a £100 smartphone. It is very nice to handle and view, and of course it has been a great advantage that i was already familiar with its operation, which is identical to the larger phone, a real bonus, since the 'manuals' leave a little to be desired.
I've also been impressed with the supplier, Dracotek.

Canon PIXMA MG4250 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan, Copy, Wi-Fi and Auto Duplex)
Offered by GHZ SERVICE SRL

4.0 out of 5 stars Canon PIXMA MG4250 All-in-One Colour Printer, 21 Feb 2013
After one month: I like this printer. (Subtext: I haven't yet got to grips with its scanning potential.) I can't give it 5/5 because it has a composite colour cartidge, but for the price, it looked like the best buy in my sub £100 budget. It's a compromise machine, but it fulfils those compromises well and I should recommend it. Most of my use is plain b/w printing, and it seems qick, quiet and efficient. Colours, which I ought to use more, to prevent it from clogging up like my last printer, are acceptable. I don't do photographs.
In fact, I could be satisfied with fewer features: I wasn't brought up to do duplex printing. I don't know about printing to the internet. I tried scanning, but don't know where the results went; I use FreeOCR instead. I know I should use the Manual, but really, it's too much hassle. Keep it simple; good printer for modest chap with modest demands.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2013 10:32 PM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Raspberry Pi Model B, 1 Jan 2013
I priginally bought the Model A as a present for my 10-year-old grandson, Subsequently this upgrade appeared, so I kept the Model A for myself and sent him this Model B. He tells me they have it up and working, and he has been learning Scratch at school, so it looks to be a good investment for the future. Obviously he must have a suitable monitor, (which I hadn't); I was able to supply a choice of HDMI and VGA cables. I also invested in a mini keyboard, but found the trackpad didn't work entirel satisfactorily, so had to supply a USB mouse.

Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics - Core Mathematics 2 (C2)
Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics - Core Mathematics 2 (C2)
by Keith Pledger

5.0 out of 5 stars Edexcel AS and A Level Modular Mathematics - Core Mathematics 2 (C2), 1 Jan 2013
Bought as a present for my granddaughter in Thailand, at the request of her parents. It seems well laid out and I expect that it will prove of great value as she proceeds through secondary school

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4