Profile for shmolie1000 > Reviews

30 Rock Season 3 [DVD]
30 Rock Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tina Fey

4.0 out of 5 stars The Quality is as high as ever!, 11 July 2011
This review is from: 30 Rock Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Most of the time american seasons start to go "down hill" after season 2 but this is a small exception, just as funny as ever and thoroughly enjoyed this season just as much as the previous ones! Especially the one with Oprah Winfrey!

The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen's Classic Cooking)
The New Moosewood Cookbook (Mollie Katzen's Classic Cooking)
by Mollie Katzen

5.0 out of 5 stars THE GO-2 Book for Veggies!, 11 July 2011
This book is where I go to if stuck in a rut of veggie burgers and quorn mince. It teaches you how to cook healthy protein-filled meals without the need for meet, all of them very delicious and always work with a hint of hippy but an explosion of flavour! Definitely an all-time keeper in my household!

"Green and Black's" Chocolate Recipes: From the Cacao Pod to Muffins, Mousses and Moles
by Caroline Jeremy

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious with a price!, 11 July 2011
Dont get me wrong, the recipes in this book look and taste delicious but with every recipe calling for 400g G+B's chocolate and 12 egg yolks these are definitely something for an occasion, but if the recipe doesn't work and youve spent all this money it can feel quite frustrating! Saying that this is a good cookbook that delivers on taste but not on the purse!

Tattie and the Treasure
Tattie and the Treasure
by Fiona Flanagan

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Story to read to the Wee ones!, 11 July 2011
This story had it all, its funny and entertaining and my little brother who I'm readin it to just adores it! Go Tattie!

Nigella Express: Good Food Fast
Nigella Express: Good Food Fast
by Nigella Lawson

3.0 out of 5 stars It works but..., 19 Dec. 2010
I was given this book by my granny and I have only tried a few recipes, but while the all seem to work well, the flavour just isnt their in a lot of them but I will be persistant and am going to keep going with this book, maybe it will suprise me!!

The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics
The Barefoot Contessa: Back to Basics
by Ina Garten

5.0 out of 5 stars My First Barefoot Book lived up to expectations!!!, 16 Dec. 2010
I have loved Ina Garten and her recipes for ages and when I got this book for my birthday...well it was my favourite present! Every picture in the book almost makes your mouth water (not the most attractive thing I tell you) and the recipes are well set out and easy to follow! The French Apple Tart is absolutely to die for (probably the whole pack of butter helps a bit) and the buttermilk cheddar biscuits are flaky and yummy, not to mention the honey vanilla pound cake which to be frank makes you feel like youve put on 5, but its so worth it! All in All a great book for the nervous cook and baker and definetly recipes you'll make over and over again!