Profile for Mr. R. A. Williams > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. A. Williams

Mr. R. A. Williams "richardwilliams6" (York, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Wikipad Gaming Tablet and Controller (Android)
Wikipad Gaming Tablet and Controller (Android)
Offered by InternetukShop

1.0 out of 5 stars Naff!, 26 April 2015
Terrible build quality

Red Wing Men's 8113 Lace-Up hawthorne mule 8113 Lace-Up 9 UK
Red Wing Men's 8113 Lace-Up hawthorne mule 8113 Lace-Up 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Best boots I have ever owned., 26 April 2015
Quality boots, made to last! Take a while to get worn in. They run on the large size, I've bought the size 9 when I'd normally be 9.5/10.

Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface
Roland DUO-CAPTURE EX USB Audio Interface

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 26 April 2015
Awesome bit of kit.

B-Grip HandStrap Accessory
B-Grip HandStrap Accessory

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 26 April 2015
Utter rubbish and way over-priced. Sent it back straight away!

Belkin Docking Station Connecting Up to 8 Devices with 1 m Thunderbolt Cable for PC, Mac, MacBook and Ultrabook (Dock with 3 USB 3.0, Audio Jack, HDMI, Ethernet, Dual Displays 4K Cinema) - Aluminium

1.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced and underwhelming!, 26 April 2015
Overpriced and underwhelming one trick pony. I found it tricky to get my monitor to power back up out of sleep, which maybe my monitors fault, but when plugged direct into my MBP it has no issues. For what you get, its an awful lot of money!

Cafe Mambo Ibiza 2006
Cafe Mambo Ibiza 2006
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Beefa Sunsets!, 26 April 2015
This review is from: Cafe Mambo Ibiza 2006 (Audio CD)
Superb Combilation, lovely blend of tunes, I still play it now and it reminds me of summer!

AIAIAI 06861 TMA-1 DJ Headphone with Mic - Black
AIAIAI 06861 TMA-1 DJ Headphone with Mic - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Competent Headphones, 26 April 2015
I don't often write reviews, but I have to say, very pleased with these headphone, they look nice, fit nice, but more importantly sound superb. Very well made and robust, up there quality wise with the best of them. If your thinking of any of the 'fashion' brands such as Bose or Beats, then I'd recommend checking a set of these out first. Audio without the frills!

Duronic LS37 10.2" Neoprene/Leather Laptop Pouch Sleeve for Notebooks upto 10.2 inch.
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill for the money!, 21 Jun. 2011
I think it was less than £ quid delivered. It turned up rapidly and fits my dell mini 10v perfectly. The mouse pad is a useful addition. It doesn't feel as well made as a crumpler, but then its not Crumpler money!

Well worth it. Recommended!

2 Parts Hard PU Leather Case with Tripod Fixing for Olympus E-P1 E-P2 EP1 EP2 E-PL1 EP-L1 Camera with 17mm & 14mm to 42mm lens(Brown)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not leather at all!....., 21 Jun. 2011
Hi,

Firstly to say that a previous review had stated that this product was not leather, despite the description being:

2 Parts Hard Leather Case with Tripod Fixing for Olympus E-P1 E-P2 EP1 EP2 E-PL1 EP-L1 Camera with 17mm & 14mm to 42mm lens(Brown)

I did buy the product with a suspicion that this may be the case. I think the seller needs to adjust the description to make this clear that you are getting a PVC type imitation 'leather case'.

That said I am happy with the product 'as is'. It looks nice and fits my Olympus PEN E-PL1 pretty good. As another reviewer has commented the case is not quite the right fit for this model, it does slightly bulge out on the right hand side underneath where the grip is, but this is a minor gripe, it detracts nothing from the aesthetics of the product. The only real negative is in terms of functionality and usability in that its a pain to get the lens back in, you have to take off all three of the press studs to do this as the hood for the lens will not go over easily and I didn't want to force it.

It seems pretty well made, but I have only just received it, so we will see whether imitation leather lasts up the the rigours of life as well as a new camera does - I suspect not.

I am asking myself the question as to whether I feel that the case is good value for money and I have to say for what it is, no its not. I paid £30 odd quid for a piece of imitation leather, in my mind its worth about a tenner, but that said, I was unable to find anything else comparable other than the nylon type bags, which I did not want - as they are far too bulky for my liking. A real leather one was about £80 from what I could see on eBay, so this some would say is a good compromise.

So why only two star, not three or four? Well, the product description is misleading, the price for what it is, is excessive and the fit and functionality could be better. Maybe I am being harsh. The seller asks you to contact them to resolve any gripes - which I am sure that they will do to the best of their ability and asks the buyer to leave five stars if happy. I am reasonably happy - but I do not like being told what to do when I am the customer and wanted to make an honest and open appraisal of the product to would be purchasers who are deliberating over this product.

Would I buy it again, given the choice; yes, I suppose I would, given that there is little choice in this segment for these types of cameras. Would I be more reluctant knowing what I know now; possibly. Would I spend the extra on a leather case; no I wouldn't.

Would I recommend it? If you are after a compact case and don't mind paying leather money for a non-leather product and want something that looks fairly attractive, then yes I would recommend it. I just wish the seller would be honest in their description of the product.

Happy snapping!

Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB MP3 Player - Grey
Creative Zen MicroPhoto 8GB MP3 Player - Grey

1.0 out of 5 stars Very, Very Poor Indeed!, 13 April 2006
Its a shame, 'cos the little Zen promised so much. Small, colour screen, removable battery, easy to use.... the list goes on.

However, in reality what you do get in my 48hr experience is a player that locks up for no reason, where the only way to get it to switch back on is to do a software reset, format the disk and lose all your tracks. As I'm going on holiday several times this summer, that's the last thing I want when I'm on the beach or on my flight!

Maybe I've had a rogue one, but try typing "Creative Zen crah or lock" and you will find hundreds of links, the majority relating to either the MicroPhoto or its predecessor.

Simiarly its interface with XP ain't a bed of roses neither. Track info doesn't go across even when ID3 tagged, and I can't abide not listening to an album in order. My iPaq also dropped its connection and the Zen wouldn't reconnect till I'd uninstalled the iPaq...... nightmare!

As for the other gimmicks that go with it, colour screen etc. Well it can't display album info, you will more likely have a digital camera that has a bigger screen and better resolution and crucially the only thing it did remind me of was the interface of a really poor, cheap colour mobile phone.

I would suggest that you save your money and wait for something better. I had a Rio Karma last summer which had a fantastic interface, played .ogg and lasted an age..... it had its problems (notably a broken click wheel in the end!) but was streets ahead, as was its smaller little brother that I go as a replacement (2.5 gig ain't enough though!)

Well.... where do we go from here then? I have to say whatever I get next will be from Amazon, their prices are so good I've stopped looking at the competition and their delivery and customer service is second to none. For me I think I will look at the Archos Gmini XS202S. Its cheap cheerful and does all the basic things I need. Unless you want to be able watch video or absolutely have to have a colour screen, this could be the one for you..... but make sure you upgrade the phones.... I just got some Shure e2c's also from Amazon...... superb!

So in conclusion, its a shame, but reliability and software do not seem to be the Zen's strongpoint. Looks and functionality are do-able..... but its no use having a player that doesn't play when you are sat on the plane this summer on the way to 'Beefa!

Page: 1 | 2