Profile for S. Shaw > Reviews

Collins A5 Meta Week to View Mid Year Diary for 2014 and 2015
Collins A5 Meta Week to View Mid Year Diary for 2014 and 2015
Offered by K Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these diaries, 31 Aug 2014
Love these diaries, I've bought one for the last 5 or 6 years, has everything I need, week per view and the spiral bound and elastic page saver prolongs life. Strong plastic covers and a pad at the back for notes. Excellent price for an excellent product, hope they continue making these forever, and I will just keep on buying them every year.

ADULT SPORT SWIM MASK AND SNORKEL - RED
ADULT SPORT SWIM MASK AND SNORKEL - RED
Offered by Goldstar Leisure Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars These were great, bought a pair each for me and my ..., 31 Aug 2014
These were great, bought a pair each for me and my family to take to Mexico. Used them often for snorkelling and they were great. The best thing about them was the price, in Mexico snorkelling sets started at $31 and so we save lots.

They are a good fit and didn't leak, we've brought them home to use again.

OSPREY ADULTS MASK & SNORKEL SET SNORKELLING SWIMMING DIVING ULTRA CLEAR (Blue)
OSPREY ADULTS MASK & SNORKEL SET SNORKELLING SWIMMING DIVING ULTRA CLEAR (Blue)
Offered by Trendi

They are a good fit and didn't leak, we've brought them home to use again.

We Can Do It! Years 1-6 set: We Can Do It! Year 4 Using and Applying Maths Challenges
by Peter Clarke

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend these enough, 13 Jun 2014
I have Beams for years 3, 4 and 5. I have used them all with these year groups and they are the absolute best resource I have.

Each lesson relates to a particular aspect of maths, it is clearly presented and explained, has key questions and resource sheets on a disc attached. Because each book relates to only one year group, they are perfectly pitched, although I would say they are pitched a little higher which allows wonderfully to challenge. They are best suited to collaborative learning, so in pairs and my current class loves doing these activities in groups. They are never off task when I set a BEAM challenge.

My kids always, always love these. The lessons totally engage the children because they are completely child led activities which require them to be totally immersed in problem solving. They are fantastic for using and applying maths skills, I use them at the end of a unit (although there are no units any more, at the end of a particular math focus), it gives the class an opportunity the apply and use what they have been learning. There is also scope for supporting the challenges and for extending them for G&T.

These books are my secret maths weapon! Enough for 1 per week for the entire year. They are on the pricey side but I consider them a solid investment as I have been using them for years and intend to continue using them for many more to come!

Wish I Was There
Wish I Was There
by Emily Lloyd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read, highly recommended, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Wish I Was There (Hardcover)
This is an amazing story told very honestly and openly. A great read full of lovely photos, treat yourself and you will have an appreciation of what this lovely lady has had to go through. Hollywood lifestyles may be coveted and admired but the true reality is actually scary.

Finger Pulse Oximeter With LED Display (Includes Carrycase, Batteries and Lanyard)
Offered by Ana Wiz Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very reasonably priced and it does the job, 13 Jun 2014
Small, compact and simple to use. Does the job it is suppose to at a reasonable price. Would recommend if you are choosing and in need of an Oximeter.

Journey to Jo'Burg (Essential Modern Classics)
Journey to Jo'Burg (Essential Modern Classics)
by Beverley Naidoo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story, strong characters, full of dilemmas and with a positive moral at the end, 13 Jun 2014
I used this book with my year 4 class in narrative writing. They got so much from it, the main characters are inspiring and there is a great moral to this story. It can be used for narrative writing and stories set in other cultures too. Although some terminology is unfamiliar as it is set in South Africa, there are explanations of each term.

A very inspiring read.

Collins A6 Meta Week to View Mid Year Diary for 2014 and 2015
Collins A6 Meta Week to View Mid Year Diary for 2014 and 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this academic diary, I have been buying this one since 2009 and make sure I have the new one every year it comes out., 13 Jun 2014
It's a great size, sturdy and has a simple week per view layout, lots of room for phone numbers and important information too. It has hard plastic covers which protect but still gives some bend in it. The spiral bound makes it very easy to flip through and it has an elastic book mark so you can go straight to the week your on.

In addition, it has a note pad neatly in the back so you can grab and take only this to the meeting.

I do love this diary, its great for students/teachers etc. (of which I am the latter!) The price is very reasonable too.

Disney Heroes - Tarzan / Hercules [DVD]
Disney Heroes - Tarzan / Hercules [DVD]
Dvd ~ Walt Disney Heroes
Offered by best_value_entertainment

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the actual movies, but short cartoon episodes of the characters, 4 Aug 2013
I obviously didn't realise when ordering this DVD that it was not the actual movies I was buying. I thought it was a double bill of Hercules and Tarzan, however, it was just two short episodes about each character.

Very disappointed and returned item.

LOVE MY CASE / BlackBerry 9320 / 9220 Curve / Stylish Multi Coloured Butterfly Gel Case / NEW /
Offered by Love My Case Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Cute design but not an accurate fit for my 9320, 4 Aug 2013
This butterfly cover is a snug fit on my new BB Curve 9320, however, the holes for the case do not fit properly. Its as though it fits a different model even though I specifically ordered what I thought would perfectly fit my phone. So I have to take the case off to take photos or to charge.

However, it is a pretty design and looks nice on my white phone, until you look closely and see the holes don't fit properly!

Page: 1 | 2