Profile for Peter Button > Reviews

Content by Peter Button

Peter Button "Business Development Coach" (Banbury, UK)

CRM at the Speed of Light, Fourth Edition: Social CRM 2.0 Strategies, Tools, and Techniques for Engaging Your Customers
by Paul Greenberg
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Everybody involved with CRM strategy and process design must read this book, 5 Dec 2010
If you're considering buying this book to understand the major trends of CRM, don't hesitate, buy immediately!

The first three editions of this book have long been key CRM references. Since 2004, when the third edition was published, customers have become increasingly well connected as a result of technology. This has led to a fundamental realignment of power between companies providing goods and services, and the people consuming these products. It is this major trend that is analysed in the fourth edition.

If you want a grounding in "conventional CRM", the author refers you to the third edition of the book. However, the third edition was published six years ago. The world of CRM has changed a great deal since then. Even in this fourth edition he refers to Facebook having 250 million active users, when the current figure is over 500 million.

Remarkably, given the quality of the content, the book is very well written and is full of humour. I found myself laughing out loud whilst reading. It's an easy book to read unlike many other important references.

Of course, most of the examples are from America, and the author assumes that you will be familiar with the brand names. Don't let this put you off. You may already have heard that in many respects, the US is at least two years ahead of the UK in terms of Social CRM. Buy the book and look into the future for the UK and elsewhere.

I have worked for many years in the area of CRM and I have learned a great deal from this book. I recommend it without hesitation to anybody who needs to understand current hugely significant trends in CRM for themselves, their company or their clients.

Building Websites with Joomla! 1.5
Building Websites with Joomla! 1.5
by Hagen Graf
Price: 27.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not waste your money on this poor book, 29 July 2008
The negative comments by other reviewers are spot on.

I would only add that this is a badly structured and poorly written book that has been translated badly from the original German.

I returned my copy to Amazon immediately.

Western Digital My Book 500GB Essential  USB2.0 External Hard Drive
Western Digital My Book 500GB Essential USB2.0 External Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Just returned second defective drive..., 3 Nov 2007
My first Western Digital My Book 500GB drive was dead on arrival. The second arrived this morning. (I'm very impressed with Amazon.co.uk)

The replacement powered up and was recognised, unlike the first. However, I was immediately aware that it was very noisy. I placed it on some foam to try to lessen the sound. That's when I began to hear the occasional sound of what I take to be the heads touching the discs.

I had spoken with the Western Digital telephone help desk when I had the first problem. I was told that it was best to replace through Amazon because "all replacement discs sent out by Western Digital are reconditioned units".

When I suspected likely future problems with the second drive I didn't hesitate for a moment and the drive was immediately packed up and is about to go back.