Profile for Ms. L. M. Guile > Reviews

Content by Ms. L. M. Guile

Ms. L. M. Guile (Sussex, UK)

Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book
Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book
by Jennifer Katzinger

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly disappointing, 2 Mar. 2011
I was incredibly excited to find this book as we have many food allergies in the family. However, the first 2 recipes I have tried have not worked at all. I am used to American books and have measuring cups but the results were still far from the pics! I still love the idea behind the book though and it is great inspiration but I am working on tweaking the recipes to make them turn out better.

Beaba Babycook Sorbet
Beaba Babycook Sorbet

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 30 Mar. 2010
I thought that this machine would be a great time saver but.....

1 - It's not that powerful so sometimes I have had to take the food out that I'm processing and put it into my regular processor to get it smooth enough.
2 - You have to keep your finger on the button to puree - VERY annoying when you have children to look after and dinner to cook!
3 - It had deep ridges on the underside of the main bowl that gather lots of grub when placed upside-down in the dishwasher so you have to clean it again when it comes out!

I had high hopes for this little machine but it really does have some design flaws.

Petite - Milly Doll 35cm
Petite - Milly Doll 35cm
Offered by Kiddymania & Dollymania

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 20 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Petite - Milly Doll 35cm (Toy)
I bought this doll for my 3 year old having read some great reviews. I've been a little disappointed in it because the hair goes really frizzy very quickly and is difficult to brush. However - this is what my daughter says after 2 years of playing with her - 'I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it all the way to India'! I think we have different criteria.....
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2010 10:20 PM BST

Paper Fashions (Klutz)
Paper Fashions (Klutz)
by Editors of Klutz
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 year old loves it!, 21 Oct. 2009
I thought this may be too frustrating for her but my 5 year old loves it! She chooses everything and does the stenciling and I cut them out. Here's what she says - "I love it so much - I stick T-shirts on the ladies and I play with it lots of times. Sometimes I might play with it with my friends and our mummies so they can help us".

Eat Smart Eat Raw: Detox Recipes for a High-Energy Diet
Eat Smart Eat Raw: Detox Recipes for a High-Energy Diet
by Kate Wood

3.0 out of 5 stars Great - but still a bit weird..., 15 April 2008
I'm quite into raw food and generally trying to live a healthy life so I have enjoyed this book - it has given me some good ideas on how to incorporate more raw food into my diet. However...quite a few recipes are way different to the food I am used to! Raw ketchup was amazingly good and the spring roll style wraps are worth making but combinations of sprouts, seaweed and bombay mix found in other recipes are rather new tastes for me!

All in all worth getting, but as someone who is 'quite' interested in raw food I need more recipes that are closer to my taste. Maybe I'll try Kate's next book....
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 19, 2009 2:00 PM BST