Profile for Vixxster > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Mele & Co Pink Fairy Princess Musical Jewellery Box
Mele & Co Pink Fairy Princess Musical Jewellery Box

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice box, does not play Brahms Lullaby., 18 Dec. 2014
The box is quite charming. It is a little expensive for how flimsy it feels. It feels like stiff cardboard with a plastic coating, more like a £10 item than a £15 item. The music box feels fairly sturdy when winding it and the fairy/ballerina is firmly attached and certainly suitable for the 4 year old I purchased it for. However, when I bought it, the box was listed as playing Brahms Lullaby, which it does not. As this was the purpose for buying it, I was really upset. My niece loves this tune and has me sing it to her when I put her to bed when I babysit and when I searched for 'Brahms Lullaby Music Box' this is what came up on Amazon. I was pretty smug actually because it was exactly the gift I wanted. That'll teach me.

The seller was suitably apologetic when contacted, tested all their boxes for me and then called me back and told me that Mele & Co must have changed the tune without telling them and immediately emailed me a Freepost returns form. As it's so close to Christmas, and with work and various other factors, including that the box really is very nice, I decided to keep it. She's only 4, she won't know what I planned and, being the lovely child she is, will love it just the way it is. But just in case anyone else is buying it with the intent to give it to a child who loves Brahms Lullaby, it doesn't play it. Just so you know.

In Real Life: Love, Lies & Identity in the Digital Age
In Real Life: Love, Lies & Identity in the Digital Age

5.0 out of 5 stars This book gives you a good few hours away from your computer screen., 30 Sept. 2014
Nev Shulman is as honest as he is charming, eloquent and candid. Laying out his character honestly and reading about how he's grown from the brattish bull headed man-child he once was into a more mature, respectful adult was interesting to digest to say the least. As an enhancement of his popular 'Catfish: The Movie' and 'Catfish:The TV Show', the book works well, but also reads well independently. I consumed this book greedily in one sitting on the day it came out on Kindle. I urge you to do the same. Or, you know, buy the hard copy. I hear he is giving out hugs to those who do. I didn't get one. The git.

How to Live Like a Celebrity for Free!
How to Live Like a Celebrity for Free!
by Neil Sean

1.0 out of 5 stars Whoever financed this garbage should be sacked., 30 Sept. 2014
If you spend £10 on this pitiful useless tome, you deserve everything you get.

Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup
Bialetti Moka Express Espresso Maker, 6 Cup

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice coffee pot, 25 Mar. 2014
Nice coffee pot. Only used the one type of coffee so far, a Whittards Christmas one. The reviews on here helped me so much more with using the pot than the instructions that come with the pot ever could!

My pot dribbles slightly when I pour the coffee out. Could be the way I'm doing it.

Other than that, pleased with purchase.

Cath Kidston Provence Crush Mug, Fine China, Blue
Cath Kidston Provence Crush Mug, Fine China, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these mugs, 16 Jan. 2014
Boyf thinks they are too big for a cup of tea. That's only cos he leaves his on the side whilst playing computer games and forgets about it.

I think I'm proper posh having my tea in these. Love it.

Cath Kidston Provence Crush Mug, Fine China, Green
Cath Kidston Provence Crush Mug, Fine China, Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these mugs, 16 Jan. 2014

I think I'm proper posh having my tea in these. Love it.

Skinny Weeks and Weekend Feasts
Skinny Weeks and Weekend Feasts
by Gizzi Erskine

5.0 out of 5 stars I adore Gizzi, 16 Jan. 2014
She's stylish, she's a whiz in the kitchen and her fella (who did the illustrations) is called Dean Martin.

If I didn't love her so much I'd hate her guts.

BUY THE BOOK!

A Family Farm in Tuscany: Recipes and Stories from Fattoria Poggio Alloro
A Family Farm in Tuscany: Recipes and Stories from Fattoria Poggio Alloro
by Sarah Fioroni

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 16 Jan. 2014
I love this book, I love this place! Bought after a trip to the place the book is from. Making the Poggio roast chicken regularly now.

Can't wait to go back there. Looovely stories accompany each recipe and section. Much more than just a cookbook.

Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
Nigellissima: Instant Italian Inspiration
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars I love Nigella, 1 Sept. 2013
I love Nigella, so I love this book. It's not as in-depth as Kitchen or How To Eat, but the photography is brilliant as usual and Nigella's prosaic way of speak/writing is ever present. A must for a Nigella fan. Probably a bit basic for an Italian food fan.

Enoteca Martini Glasses 7.4oz / 210ml - Set of 6 | 21cl Martini Glasses, Cocktail Glasses
Offered by Noble Express Catering Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous glasses, 1 Sept. 2013
These glasses arrived in a sturdy box with filling and packaging by van courier, which I was very pleased about. They are very pretty glasses and the stems are sturdier than you might imagine.

Very nice product for the price. Recommend.

Page: 1 | 2