Profile for Stellington > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Small Hand
The Small Hand

4.0 out of 5 stars Ghost Story, 19 April 2014
This review is from: The Small Hand (Kindle Edition)
This is the best Susan Hill ghost story I have read. I was confused, at first, about the time period in which the story was set but it did become clear eventually. It kept me engaged throughout and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good yarn.

The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy
The Lewis Man: Book Two of the Lewis Trilogy

4.0 out of 5 stars A story well told, 26 Jan 2014
The story of two brothers is gradually revealed due to the diligence of an ex-police officer. It was an interesting story in which actions in the past haunt the future and provides an insight into island life in times gone by.

The Sisters Brothers
The Sisters Brothers

5.0 out of 5 stars A jolly good read, 26 Jan 2014
Not one to enjoy westerns I bought this book on recommendation from a colleague and I'm glad I did. I thoroughly enjoyed it, a story of cowboys culminating in a tale of prospecting made for an entertaining read.

Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy Book 2)
Winter of the World (The Century Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars The second of three, 26 Jan 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed the first of the trilogy and was not disappointed by this, the second. The interrelationships between a series of characters of different backgrounds are described beautifully and make for an entertaining story. I can't wait for the next installment.

Iris and Ruby
Iris and Ruby

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Read, 26 Jan 2014
This review is from: Iris and Ruby (Kindle Edition)
An interesting and beautifully observed story about relationships within families. I also enjoyed the story and the descriptive writing about locations I would love to visit.

Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
Ottolenghi: The Cookbook
by Yotam Ottolenghi

5.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't tried Ottolenghi please do, 26 Jan 2014
I have all Ottolenghi's recipe books and love them all. Besides the recipes they contain interesting information about where the food comes from.

I haven't found a bad recipe yet but some can take a long time to prepare, that said it is time very well spent

Dew Womens Sterling Silver Open Star Drop Earrings 6049HP
Dew Womens Sterling Silver Open Star Drop Earrings 6049HP

5.0 out of 5 stars Asymetric Stars, 26 Jan 2014
This is the third pair of these earrings I have ordered because I love them so much and want to share them with my friends.

Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)
Wolf Hall (Thomas Cromwell Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars I got through it, 26 Jan 2014
I'm sure this book is a worth prize winner but have to admit I found it very heavy going. It is clearly very well researched but I find Hilary Mantel's style heavy going. The last book of hers that I read I promised myself would be the last, I wish I had kept to that promise. If you want light entertainment I'm afraid this is probably not the book for you.

My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
My Kitchen Table: 100 Cakes and Bakes
by Mary Berry

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fab little book, 26 Jan 2014
I am no great baker and purchased this having borrowed it from a friend and haven't had a failure yet. I made my first ever Christmas cake using a recipe from this book and was not disappointed and the cheese scone is wonderful.

A Question of Identity: Simon Serrailler Book 7
A Question of Identity: Simon Serrailler Book 7

4.0 out of 5 stars Simon Serraller, 26 Jan 2014
I have read all books in this series. I have enjoyed them all but must admit I am beginning to tire of them now,

The story is plausible and entertaining enough and easy to read, I am happy to recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2