Profile for Andy > Reviews

Kitchen Craft Beech Wood Fruit Reamer
Kitchen Craft Beech Wood Fruit Reamer
Offered by CKONE

5.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't get easier than this, 19 April 2012
To be honest, I bought this with a slight hint of scepticism. I've seen Nigella using a similar one on TV many times, but were dubious as to its efficiency and simplicity to use. Well, I shouldn't have.

It's extremely easy to use, very immediate indeed. Extremely easy to clean, provided you wash it straight away under running water. As with any other wooden tools, I wouldn't recommend using soap. The good thing about this juicer is that you get much of the pulp too with the juice, which is extremely good as most of the time it is where all the good stuff is. The only cons, to be nitpicking, is that you can't prevent the seeds to be added to the juice as they will inevitably fall wherever you are juicing your lemon/lime/orange/etc. Oh well.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 21, 2013 2:35 PM BST

Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque 177 ml + 59 ml Free
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque 177 ml + 59 ml Free
Offered by Get Hair Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, but try not to overuse it, 18 Nov 2011
I read a lot about this face mask on the Internet and was sceptical about its miraculous properties. My face skin is really sensitive and the lightest temperature change can have its effects, not to mention pollution, harsh chemicals and the like.
I was therefore pleasantly surprised when I first tried this product. The price is not too high for a face mask and the quantity you receive is well enough to have quite a lot of spa-like face treatments. The consistency is a bit thick for my taste, but it spreads well on your face and yes, you might end up looking like Shrek, but that's part of the fun :)
When I removed the mask (after approximately 15-20 minutes), I instantly noticed my skin was a lot clearer and the black spots and huge pores I have been fighting with on my nose had been reduced considerably. My skin was soft to the touch and it felt great, not dry nor damaged at all. The mask also leaves a fresh smell of mint on your face, which is always nice.
WARNING: Do not overuse!! I tried it twice in the same week and had to resort to plenty of moisturiser afterwards as my skin had all gone red once I removed the mask. The product is really good but can be slightly aggressive, so be careful.

Sony ICDBX800 MP3 Digital Voice Recorder with Large Speaker and Long Battery Life

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect but not flawless, 7 Nov 2010
Being a student of interpreting and translation, using a dictaphone is fundamental. Of all those available on Amazon, I found this to be the best. It has a huge memory (up to 534 hours of recording, 2 GB), is really small and can fit anywhere and is definitely easy to use.

The only flaw I could detect is the absence of an USB port so as to connect it to a computer and download what your record, but I'm sure new models will have that opportunity too.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2010 4:10 PM GMT