Profile for MultiMum > Reviews

Envelope C6 White 50/Pk - Self Seal
Offered by We R Stationery
Price: 1.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice self seal envelope, 17 May 2014
I hand in many forms with cheques to Guides/Brownies/Primary School/Secondary school and these envelopes are just the job to make sure everything stays together. The self seal stops me from giving my tongue paper cuts, and always seems more secure anyway. This product at this price is great value.

Orange & Silver Zigzag Beads Black Cord Shamballa Bracelet Jewellery Making Craft Gift Kit by Make It With Beads
Offered by Makeitwithbeads
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little kit, well presented!, 16 May 2014
This kit has all you need to make a shambala bracelet, including the instructions (with clear diagrams), cord and a selection of beads. It is all presented in a silky fabric bag. I used it as a stocking filler for a 13 yr old and it has been well-received. I would definitely buy it again for another child. This is the sort of thing you know you could probably have organised yourself, but someone else has got there first and done it well at a fantastic price!

(Note - my actual purchase was of a kit which had different coloured beads - purple and silver - but was identical in all other ways and from the same vendor.)

Clothes Folder ADULT PINK
Clothes Folder ADULT PINK
Offered by ASC
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes my stacking so much neater, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Clothes Folder ADULT PINK
I have always folded T-shirts, but now all the shirts are the same size which keeps the cupboard neater. It is also (usually) quicker with this gadget. The only exceptions are very long t-shirts, which it suggests you fold up the bottom first then fold in the sides. When I do this the bottom flops out and isn't tidy. Doing the bottom after the sides is easier in my view. I have also used it for shirts to go in suitcases (normally I hang them) and it did a fine job with these too.

Clothes Folder CHILD PINK
Clothes Folder CHILD PINK
Offered by ASC
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for older children otherwise good, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Clothes Folder CHILD PINK
Very easy to use. Makes nice neat piles to fit in drawers and on shelves.
I hoped that this would encourage my 5 girls to tidy up after themselves a bit, and it actually made them all rush off and pick up all the discarded clothing and put it away! But there is a point where the clothes get too big to fold neatly with this size. Ideally the manufacturers need a middle size, as we find the adult one fine for 12/13yr old items, but too big for 9/10 yr old sizes.

Regency Christmas Collection (Mills & Boon e-Book Collections): To Undo A Lady / An Invitation to Pleasure / His Wicked Christmas Wager / A Lady's Lesson ... A Rake for Christmas / Spellbound & Seduced
Price: 21.57

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable selection for the most part, 22 Mar 2014
I had a low expectation for this collection as I only paid 2.99 in a special Christmas offer. However, most of the books were enjoyable and reasonably well written. The majority of the authors were already familiar to me - some of the others were ok, others not quite as good. As far as I can remember, some of the stories were shorter ones, but still provided entertainment despite that. At least one I would definitely not have purchased on its own. However it is, overall, value for money even at the normal price and will certainly keep you busy for quite a while.

Scott Joplin: Piano Rags [IMPORT]
Scott Joplin: Piano Rags [IMPORT]
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best!, 22 Mar 2014
I fell in love with this music when I was taken by my parents to hear Joshua Rifkin play a concert of Scott Joplin's works (late 70's I think), during the interval they bought a cassette of him playing. It came as a revelation to hear pieces other than 'The Entertainer', and of such differing types and moods. My own personal favourite is Bethena Waltz as I find it easier to play - my hands simply will not stretch to certain intervals, rendering whole pieces impossible. But who cares when you can listen to this glorious version over and over again?

I bought my own cassette when I moved out of the parental home, then upgraded to cd, each time sticking with this version. Prior to this review, I listened to some alternative versions on the MP3 samples in Amazon, and wasn't remotely impressed by them. This is the one to choose. My only regret is that it isn't a complete set - I have three books of sheet music, and only get to hear some of them played well.

Impossible Things (Choc Lit)
Impossible Things (Choc Lit)
Price: 2.63

5.0 out of 5 stars Received as a gift and it was fantastic - I laughed, cried, smiled, 28 Feb 2014
It is not often I restart a book within a week of finishing it, but this was one of those times - the storyline grabbed me from the start, the characters (both the two main ones and surrounding ones as well) were interesting and the author used the setting well, so I read it first time round all in one go. There was enough detail about the empire's customs, without turning into a travel guide/lecture and losing the plot! On the reread, I enjoyed it again, and didn't find it dragging, but was able to enjoy the background detail a bit more and pick up on side characters. I would really welcome more in the same vein...fingers crossed! I don't often cry over books, but this one brought the tears on.

a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
a for Amazon - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificate
Price: 30.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 3 Jan 2014
An easy to send gift that you can spend on the fun things of your choice. Or on boring household necessities. How can that be bad? Oh and a choice of 'cards' to go with it. Brilliant.

I cannot think of any circumstances under which I would not be happy to receive an Amazon Gift Certificate. The bigger the better.

Learn French with Paul Noble
Learn French with Paul Noble
by Paul Noble
Edition: Audio CD
Price: 49.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Have purchased this item after borrowing library copy 4 times already, 3 Jan 2014
I have worked through part of this using repeated borrowings of an audiobook downloaded from the library. It is broken down into short exercises, which seem to have made more French stick in my head than my French O level many years ago did. Many of the points mentioned seemingly in passing would have made a huge difference to my French skills at school if anyone had ever bothered to tell me.

I think one of the key points is that the phrases are spoken at a brisk rate, not a very slow one, and that it is a French native who speaks them. My accent has come on a lot as I practice and I am combining quite long phrases into sentences, without having to pause the lesson while I try to remember things.

The lessons work very well for me while I cook, do housework or anything at home that doesn't take my whole mind. It works slightly less well on walks although I do listen as I do on school runs, because to be really effective you need to be in a situation where you feel happy uttering French phrases and sentences every few seconds!

I don't know how well it would help with written French as I am only using it for spoken. For example, I'm not sure if I would know whether I should be using preparer or preparé if I was writing. Because they both sound the same I'm not making a big distinction between them as I learn how to talk about wanting to prepare something, or to say that I have prepared something. That may be something that 'sticks' in my mind more as I work on through the course.

The Animal Colouring Book
The Animal Colouring Book
by Hannah Davies Beth Gunnell
Price: 4.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book for hours of fun, 3 Jan 2014
I gave this to my 10 yr old who is thoroughly enjoying it. She likes the variety of animals and styles. I have had to stop myself from picking up a pencil and starting to shade several times as it is very appealing. Paper of reasonable thickness, so pictures on backs of pages aren't wrecked by colour bleed from the fronts.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7