Profile for john rogers > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
A Time for Silence
A Time for Silence

4.0 out of 5 stars A charming intriguing read, 17 July 2014
An interesting story and excellent intertwined contrast of past and present. Although I guessed the twists in this story very easily and early in the story, it was still a very enjoyable read.

Highly recommended.

The House at Midnight
The House at Midnight

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother, 29 May 2014
I read the reviews of this book expecting a good edge of the seat ghost story. What this is is a boring nonsense tale of a group of friends in an old house. Completely unbelievable and melodramatic throughout the book. I couldn't wait to get to the end and kept thinking that it would improve. It doesn't. Please don't waste your time or money.

Splinter
Splinter

3.0 out of 5 stars A strange confusing story, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Splinter (Kindle Edition)
Although I have given this book three stars I would not particularly recommend it. The story is very confusing and can be frustrating at times. Once I had reached the conclusion I found the whole concept ridiculous and unbelievable. The only thing that kept me reading was to find out the end which was so disappointing.

Behind Closed Doors
Behind Closed Doors

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 2 April 2014
I read the reviews for this book and purchased it expecting a good read. I was as the title says disappointed. The story was boring and predictable. The main character was so annoying. Her actions made me want to scream leave him. It was so unconvincing. My advice is to not waste your money or time.

Paranormal Intruder: The Frightening True Story of a Family in Fear
Paranormal Intruder: The Frightening True Story of a Family in Fear

3.0 out of 5 stars An intriguing read, 10 Mar. 2014
A very thought provoking read and more disturbing as it is a true story. A little repetitive at times and I was eager for a conclusion. The story tends to focus on Mike and some details of the rest of the family and friends would have given the book more depth. A good read though would recommend.

Redemption Blues:  A Crime Thriller
Redemption Blues: A Crime Thriller

2.0 out of 5 stars An annoying pointless story, 17 Feb. 2014
My advice don't bother. This was s pointless saga with very few surprises. The story dragged on and on and had a pointless conclusion. I needed to know the end and was completely disappointed. The characters lack imagination and Lauren is so annoying no one would fall for her. Don't waste your time.

Blood Line (Anna Travis series Book 7)
Blood Line (Anna Travis series Book 7)

4.0 out of 5 stars The usual great drama from this author, 23 Jan. 2014
Another great mystery from Lynda La Plante. A good story but a little slow to start. The story takes a while to unfold but a good read as always.

Kransen House
Kransen House

2.0 out of 5 stars Very unrealistic infuriating story, 1 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kransen House (Kindle Edition)
Far fetched grade which has you screaming at the dopey Ana to leg it. There are so many twists and turns in this book that are obvious to the reader but not the annoying main character. I had guessed the ending half way through. My advice don't bother.

The Man in the Window (An Angel Hill novel Book 1)
The Man in the Window (An Angel Hill novel Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Unusual tale but not that interesting, 29 Dec. 2013
Found this book a bit boring. Characters were very believable but the story drones on and has little really creepy episodes. Not bad but I feel that I have had enough of angel hill.

The Ghosts of Mertland: an Angel Hill novel
The Ghosts of Mertland: an Angel Hill novel

3.0 out of 5 stars A lot of effort to reach a unrealistic conclusion, 23 Dec. 2013
I must say I was disappointed with this book. The beginning wad very promising and there were some seriously spooky parts, however the story seemed to go on and on with the same line. A long corridor, Mandy gets lost, sees a ghost and then the sequence is repeated. I also did not get the ending. Definitely not for me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3