ARRAY(0xb51150a8)

Profile for J. Laban-mitchell > Reviews

Content by J. Laban-mitchell

J. Laban-mitchell "Cosmic Starchild" (Luton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Stubbs Hickory Liquid Smoke - 148ml
Stubbs Hickory Liquid Smoke - 148ml
Offered by We Luv Shopping
Price: 6.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Is ok, 15 April 2014
Is quite weak and watery I thought, I was expecting it to be a bit more syrupy, had to use more than I thought to get that smoky taste.

The Twilight Zone Companion
The Twilight Zone Companion
by Marc Scott Zicree
Price: 10.56

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 15 April 2014
Excellent reference to all the episodes.
However, the book gives Twilight Zone 'The Movie' a scathing bad rap, I didn't think it was that bad...

The Incredible Journey [DVD]
The Incredible Journey [DVD]
Dvd ~ Emile Genest
Price: 3.75

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok, 11 July 2013
This review is from: The Incredible Journey [DVD] (DVD)
Looking a bit dated now. Very sad, bit concerned about the animal welfare, especially dog and bear fighting, hope they were not put through too much stress.

A Prickly Affair: The Charm of the Hedgehog
A Prickly Affair: The Charm of the Hedgehog
by Hugh Warwick
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, 11 July 2013
Anything about hedgehogs is good in my opinion. Well written and engaging. Very informative also with good reference to further hedgehog links.

Feral: Rewilding the land, sea and human life
Feral: Rewilding the land, sea and human life
by George Monbiot
Price: 13.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Lots of challeges ahead..., 11 July 2013
Very wise observations and research. I've learn't a lot from the book and it's made me look at current conservation practices in a different way, as in we're doing it from the human way of things rather than what nature wants! Why are we following the current conservation practices and who is making these decisions, please let George Monbiot advise you instead.
Some of it I found depressing and really wonder what the future holds for the UK's natural environment...is there any hope? there needs to be a change in attitude and a revolution.

Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
Veganomicon: The Ultimate Vegan Cookbook
by Isa Chandra Moskowitz
Price: 12.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Ambitious, 11 July 2013
Looks great in theory, but some of those ingredients are going to take a lot of tracking down, where would I get liquid smoke from? I'll give it a go though, sounds yummy, don't know about making the seiten from scratch with wheat gluten, lots of ingredients and combinations and Americanisms. I'm sure I'll use a few of these. If you're wanting a simple easy book this won't be for you, bring on the challenge!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 6, 2014 6:15 PM BST

Ultrafit Pre-Moulded Earplug
Ultrafit Pre-Moulded Earplug
Offered by Rubber Soul Healthcare
Price: 2.59

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't do the job, 17 Jun 2013
Conventional foam earplugs better,
Doesn't block out that much sound, slightly muffles but would get the same effect using cotton wool.

Bunny Business Rabbit / Guinea Enclosure with Roof Galvanised and Free Sunshade 57" Medium
Price: 38.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Jun 2013
Our 3 piggies Peppa, Poppy and Pringle are enjoying their new run and hutch box, they can spend their summer and autumn months enjoying the extra space and out doors with the green sunshade giving some shelter. I put them in their proper hutch at night, I don't know how robust it would be against a fox, I think they would be ok shut in the hutch box but just for peace of mind don't want to risk them staying in run over night.

Couldn't believe how quick it arrived. Very easy to assemble, don't know what other reviewers were talking about when said it was difficult took approx 4 mins to unfold run, prop up and stake in each corner, hutch box took about 15mins to assemble (spanner and screwdriver needed). very easy, run seems strong and robust. Good idea to put some boredom busters in there tunnels, knawing toys etc, only the best for our piggies, we like to spoil them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 17 Jun 2013
Keeps our guinea pigs dry and warm in conjuntion with the run, very easy to assemble. Large enough for 1 rabbit or 2 - 3 guinea pigs.

John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit
John Adams Hot Wires Electronics Kit
Price: 41.78

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommend, 1 Jan 2013
My 8 year old daughter is having endless fun with over 100 experiments and easy to use, I love watching her concentration and fascination, has played with this more than all the presents combined this Christmas! A big hit

Page: 1 | 2