Profile for Lode Vermeersch > Reviews

Lode Vermeersch

HP M251n LaserJet Pro 200 Color Printer
HP M251n LaserJet Pro 200 Color Printer

2.0 out of 5 stars Printer doesn't do what it promises, 1 May 2013
I ordered an M251n. The USB port of the first one delivered didn't work and the manual duplex printing doesn't work. OK, I exchanged it for a new one.

Service of Amazon in all this was perfect. Hence, 2 stars.

The second one's USB port was working. However, the manual duplex printing support was still not working.
I downloaded the latest driver software. So, I didn't use the accompanying CD as the instruction told me to do for Mac OS X 10.8.x. I redownloaded and reinstalled it. It didn't work still.

I called HP. The support was very friendly, but asked to redo everything again. Result: still doesn't work. A supervisor of HP send me an email a day later, stating "I am sorry to inform you that the HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251n Printer does not support automatic duplexing. I am very sorry for the miscommunication." He added also a whole explanation of how I have to print odd pages, then even pages. However, no solutions on how to have a correctly working driver.

Nevertheless, HP documentation states that the printer is Windows and Mac OS compliant.

NO IT ISN'T.

Conclusion: excellent Amazon service, but HP support.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 1, 2013 10:03 AM BST

Kindle Fire HD 7", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, 32 GB - Includes Special Offers [Previous Generation]

3.0 out of 5 stars Good device but bad pricing, 6 Jan 2013
The Kindle Fire HD 7" does exactly what is advertised. The main purpose of the device is to read books. It offers that functionality in a good way.

There is one thing that really annoys me, the price of electronic books is the same or higher as paper books. I find that unacceptable. 1) When you buy an electronic book, you buy actually only the right to read; you can't transfer the book to anyone else, as you can give a paper book to some else. 2) When you die, even your children cannot continue reading that book; as of the moment that you die, the right to read is finished because it was only given to you. 3) The cost to create an electronic book is much lower than a paper book; on top of that you buy an extra piece of equipment to read an e-book and still the price of the e-book itself is not lower.

So, I don't understand why ebooks have to be so expensive as you only buy a temporary right to read something that has no production cost as you pay separately for the reading device.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 6, 2013 3:32 PM GMT

Epson Perfection V600 High Resolution 6400 x 9600 dpi Scanner
Epson Perfection V600 High Resolution 6400 x 9600 dpi Scanner

4.0 out of 5 stars Good scanner but bad delivery service by Amazon, 29 Jun 2012
The scanner is really good. It does exactly what is has to do. It's very intuitive. It works perfectly in combination with Macbooks.

I scanned a few thousand foto negatives. The resolution and colours were exactly as I needed. The scanner is not super fast.

All in all you get good value for money.

HOWEVER, the first one I bought from Amazon.com didn't work at all. When I checked how to send it back, the cost was prohibitively high. On top of that, Amazon didn't want to guarantee that they would refund the cost. Hence, it was cheaper to buy a second one from Amazon.co.uk. The second one worked perfectly. I was really disappointed in Amazon (although it's the first time I had this experience with Amazon).