Profile for Mrs. A. F. Fairbank > Reviews

Content by Mrs. A. F. Fai...

Mrs. A. F. Fairbank "mrscuddles" (Gods Own County - Yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Untouchable [Blu-ray]
Untouchable [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ François Cluzet

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend this but not for the easily offended, 19 July 2013
This review is from: Untouchable [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
What a refreshing film. I rarely laugh out lound at films nowadays but this one I had no choice. Even the subtitles failed to detract from the characters interaction. I didn't even mind the language as it was always appropriate.

Enzo Rodi 264741 Toilet Roll Holder White
Enzo Rodi 264741 Toilet Roll Holder White

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for., 19 July 2013
I've tried everything in my bathroom but only plastic lasts! Wood rots. Stainless steel rusts. Holds 3 regular size rolls perfectly. It is easy to keep.

Aprons and Silver Spoons: The heartwarming memoirs of a 1930s scullery maid
Aprons and Silver Spoons: The heartwarming memoirs of a 1930s scullery maid

5.0 out of 5 stars What a character., 19 July 2013
I loved this story. The scenes of London is the last heydays before WWII is vividly described by Mollie. A firsthand account of the world of upstairs and downstairs by the young people who were at the front of change.

Oksa Pollock: the Last Hope
Oksa Pollock: the Last Hope

2.0 out of 5 stars Maybe its the translation?, 19 July 2013
I'm a grandma who has read some childrens/teen fiction Harry Potter/Teen Vampires/Werewolves etc. I usually get bored or irritated after the second or third book (not Harry Potter). I'm struggling to get past chaper 35 in Oksa Pollock. The main character's name irritates me (including Oksa herself) as do all the names of the relatives and the non human creatures. I no longer care what happens to the characters and have little interest in trying to continue reading. I also dislike the Oksa familes use of non human creatures to do all the menial work (as per the house elves in Harry Potter). I'm going to download The Cuckoos Calling instead.

Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Black
Skullcandy Ink'd 2.0 In-Ear Headphones with Mic - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work with my phone, 18 May 2013
As usual I have no luck with headphones. These did not work with my mobile phone (a Nokia). I gave them to my daughter and they work fine on her iphone

From Here To Eternity
From Here To Eternity

5.0 out of 5 stars Rumba heaven, 18 May 2013
Bought this track for dancing the rumba to. So smooth and velvety. The man is as great today as ever.

Whole
Whole
by PhD T. Colin Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars A new way of thinking on food, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Whole (Hardcover)
This should be required reading for all those so called 'experts' in nutrition. Dr Campbells first book The china study changed by way of life. This book explains why we should change the established paradigm before our modern society collapses under the weight of our sick, pill popping, hospital filling people.

Dance with Me
Dance with Me

4.0 out of 5 stars How dance can be addictive, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Dance with Me (Kindle Edition)
Barbara describes well how ballroom dance can be a life changer. How you can take the sport to whatever level suits you and your ability.

Little Girl Lost (DS Lucy Black Book 1)
Little Girl Lost (DS Lucy Black Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 18 May 2013
A great well written read. Good strong characters. Very good twisting together of seemingly different events and people. Highly recommended.

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story

5.0 out of 5 stars Well told stories, 18 May 2013
Two seperate childhood stories which are well told. The strength of these two women, epecially Helen, has really touched me. I better understand how complex family love can be even in the face of violence and neglect.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4