Profile for Christof > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Conatus
Conatus

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Conatus (Audio CD)
I've had this CD a while now. I still can't decide whether I like it. I must because I'm still playing it. Not very often, granted. When you do play it you don't have the urge to play it again, or soon. But you find yourself sticking it into your player and wondering..

Django Django
Django Django

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff., 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Django Django (Audio CD)
When I first heard this I thought it was too poppy, a bit too clean and squeaky. Just very clever, very well produced and you can tell the band worked on this a lot. You now can't hid from their music, on adverts, movies, radio, everywhere. Not surprisingly. A brilliant CD.

Anna Calvi
Anna Calvi

3.0 out of 5 stars Overrated, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Anna Calvi (Audio CD)
Not my cup of tea. Felt disappointment on listing to this CD, very overrated. When you here that Ms Calvi locked herself away for months to make this CD it left me with the impression that she should get out more.

2:54
2:54
Offered by sdiscs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: 2:54 (Audio CD)
This band got nominated for best up and coming bands of 2012. You can understand why. Very solid bass drum with good guitar work from the sisters. Great songs, good music to drive with. Hasn't got a week tune on this.

Kill For Love
Kill For Love

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamy, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Kill For Love (Audio CD)
This CD seems to go on forever. But I'm not complaining. On the contrary you sort of wish this CD doesn't end. In fact I have played it on shuffle/loop a few times. Some classic film music here, though the music will transport you to an alternative reality. Certainly has become one of my favourite CD's, and it looks to remain there for some time. Brilliant.

Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset - Black
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars What a noise!, 25 Oct. 2013
These come with added Bass boost that sounds very authentic, with crystal clear vocals. The microphone is clear to, reports that colleagues can hear me perfectly with little back ground noise.

Tramp
Tramp

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Tramp (Audio CD)
What can you say. This is brilliant. It has become my most played CD. It gets better with each listening. An unassuming artist who just happens to have enviable guest musicians. Class.

Give You The Ghost
Give You The Ghost

5.0 out of 5 stars Polica, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Give You The Ghost (Audio CD)
This is a slow burner. It took me a year to get this band. Don't expect to like it straight away. I found that I would do something else in the house while this played, then stop and listen with a need to listen to the CD again.
I do find that bands that take a while to grow on you tend to stay with you longer. These are one of those bands.

Melody's Echo Chamber
Melody's Echo Chamber

4.0 out of 5 stars Melody's Echo chamber, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Melody's Echo Chamber (Audio CD)
I like it. This will not become a regular on my play list, but I do enjoy it.
You have to listen to this a couple of times, comes across very lovingly, then you notice the dark syth with very good backing band.
Hmm, nice. Not Brilliant, just very good.

Toy
Toy

3.0 out of 5 stars Toy, 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Toy (Audio CD)
This comes across as a very well produced and made. It just did not grab me. There is a very good track, Dead and Gone and a couple more less memorable. The rest of the LP, well it sounds like a homage to My Bloody Valentine/Loop/Spacemen 3. Certainly not new or original.

Page: 1 | 2