Profile for Ian > Reviews

Content by Ian

Ian

Child Protection (SAGE Course Companions series)
Child Protection (SAGE Course Companions series)
by Eileen Munro

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for students/beginners understanding to child protection, 5 Nov 2012
On reading this book I was surprised with the depth of knowledge understanding child protection. It mentions all child protection orders within English (legal framework) law, however, the chapter on Scottish child protection law is out dated, as their are four different orders, not three. Due to the book being published in 2007, it is advised to check updated legal matters/amendments with appropriate laws (English/Scottish/Irish). The layout with each chapter was well thought out and consideration for students/beginners in mind. Each chapter takes the reader through the introduction, core areas/themes in child protection and ending the chapter on essay writing/revision skills. A must for anyone interested in child protection and a great tool to have in your bag of goodies (children & families, social services). I would highly recommend this book for studying courses undergraduate/graduate level, as this book won't let you down, trust me?

Komputerbay 512MB DDR SODIMM (200 Pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 CL 2.5 512 MB
Komputerbay 512MB DDR SODIMM (200 Pin) 333Mhz DDR333 PC2700 CL 2.5 512 MB
Offered by KOMPBAY

5.0 out of 5 stars VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY, 3 Jan 2012
Decided to upgrade memory speed with a new Ram-Memory. This was ideal as it was priced within my budget? It arrived well package and very simple to install into laptop. Works brilliantly, I have faster use of programs, internet, and changing from one software to another, etc. I have no regrets with this purchase and worth the money and priced ideally.

10 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Epson T0715 - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black
Offered by More Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product worth every penny, 27 Aug 2011
Received ink cartridges and in excellent condition. Printed first document and good quality results, (better than I expected) no smears or smudges for not being original printer cartridges. Very fast delivery (next day at no extra cost) Overall, excellent for people not wanting the expense of originals and gives the same appearance and look of a professional print job.

Epson Stylus SX218 All-in-One (Print, Scan, Copy) Printer with Individual Inks & LCD screen

5.0 out of 5 stars VALUE FOR MONEY (EXEMPLARY), 24 Mar 2011
Due to my last Epson printer disfunctioning, it was time to renew! I decide on the Epson SX218 and on receiving my order, I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!
Firstly delivery service was outstanding 2 days from supplier to my door in Edinburgh. On checking the contents from MKPC, I was once again not disappointed! Printer, Power Cable and with extras; Paper, 2 packs Ink cartridges, USB Cable, what more can I say? I was not disappointed!
Like a little child I had it functioning within an-hour, so simple with good set-up instructions; once again; I was not disappointed!
On checking print, scan and copy quality, I can't complain, good readable prints (word docs), no smudges, etc. However, only slight concern is the noise level on paper being fed into the printer is quite loud.
Conclusion, I was not disappointed and given this a FIVE STAR, WORTH THE MONEY & SERVICE SECOND TO NONE.

You're Hired! CV: How to write a brilliant CV
You're Hired! CV: How to write a brilliant CV
by Corinne Mills

5.0 out of 5 stars A Book worth its weight in Gold, 24 Mar 2011
Having lots of advise, reading books, speaking to careers advice centres on writing a CV, none of them were as good as this book?
This book answers many unexpecting questions that many people may have about the job market and why are CVs so important. The most interesting chapters I found useful was "Personality & the Organisation's" also "The Organisation's Personality & My Personality" which was very informative and something I never had thought about in depth, and why I haven't been short listed for a job? "Personality"
However, I did find all chapters very knowledgable and especially identifying the advantages & disadvantages on entering the job-market, such as, internet CVs, internet recruitment sites, job-search strategies ect.
I have given this book a FIVE STAR and believe that many SERIOUS JOB-HUNTERS would benefit from this book. An investment you woundn't regret.

Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter
Write An Impressive Cv And Cover Letter
by Tracey Whitmore

3.0 out of 5 stars The average CV, 7 Feb 2011
On reviewing the book, I was not that really impressed as it seems to be like all other books on CV,s. Always focusing and drawing on examples from businesses that are money orientated. Not all job vacancies are money targeted but all the examples used and explained in the book are, and therefore found it difficult in identifying any examples that refer to job experience not profit geared. On a positive note it is ideal for young adults and students wanting knowledge on the basic's and understanding of how a CV should work to promote themselves in the more than ever competitive job market. The layout of chapters are very simple to follow and easy to build your own CV. The CD-Rom that accompanies the book has great CV templates, CV examples (all business orientated) and examples of covering letters. Rated as Average.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2011 12:30 PM GMT