ARRAY(0xac9f5b7c)

Profile for Garden Lover > Reviews

Content by Garden Lover

Garden Lover

So You Think You Know About Britain?
So You Think You Know About Britain?
Price: 5.39

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful polemic, dreadful writing, 28 Dec 2013
I was given this book for Christmas by a left leaning friend. I'm glad he also gave me the Good Beer Guide and some chocs as both will be more useful to me than this dirge. The authors left anti-capitalist pseudo humanitarian politics are constantly shoved down your throat,lubricated only by endless platitudes and sickly sweet "hopes for the best". He maintains to draw a lot on facts and of course uses only "facts" that support his very weak arguments. He could have saved a great many of his rambling words if he had had better and more graphs and charts. The only thing I enjoyed was the "how long might you live" questionnaire which was a bit of fun but which I will take with a packet of salt.

RHS Garden Finder 2007-2008 (Rhs Garden Finder (Royal Horticultural Society))
RHS Garden Finder 2007-2008 (Rhs Garden Finder (Royal Horticultural Society))
by The Royal Horticultural Society

1.0 out of 5 stars RHS Garden Finder 2007-2008, 8 Oct 2008
I have also discovered that people are invited to be in this Guide without their garden ever having been seen by the author. This does not happen with the Good Gardens Guide. I have also been to several gardens that are in this book which are really dreadful. I'd be very cautious about relying on it.