Profile for RB Jansen > Reviews

Content by RB Jansen

RB Jansen "The hungry caterpillar" (London)

Personality, Individual Differences and Intelligence
Personality, Individual Differences and Intelligence
by Dr John Maltby

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential to Have, 10 Jan. 2010
This book is a must have for every Psychology student, even if you don't have personality as one of your subjects. What is very useful that the first chapter overview on how to read critically and how to evaluated research methodologies! This is something I haven't found anywhere else. In addition to this at the end of each chapter the subject is critically evaluated according to these principles. You can basically cope/ paste these evaluations to your essays! (not literally of course!!)
It also invites to read beyond your given topics.

Cognitive Psychology: A Student's Handbook
Cognitive Psychology: A Student's Handbook
by Michael W. Eysenck

4.0 out of 5 stars Essential but difficult, 10 Jan. 2010
Essential but difficult
Although I think this book is useful because it contains a clear evaluation of each section and a glossary at the end of the book, I think the writing style is quit complicated and doesn't really invite me to read any further then necessary.

Cognitive Psychology
Cognitive Psychology
by Nick Braisby

5.0 out of 5 stars The best so far, 10 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Cognitive Psychology (Paperback)
I have bought 4 books on Cognitive Psychology and this one is the best so far! It is easy to read. Whereas I find some other books use too much academical language and make me read every page 3X before I understand what is meant this one is very clear and understandable. Every sector in each chapter has its own summary which makes everything even easier to memorize. The only thing I wish was that there would be a clear evaluation after each sector. For this I still use Eysenck and Keane.

Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology
Research Methods and Statistics in Psychology
by Hugh Coolican

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Jan. 2010
A Must Have for every Psychology Student!!
This book was recommended to my by one of my fellow students in the second year of my Psychology course. I wish I had bought it in the first year!! This book clearly describes every aspect of the research project. At the end of each chapter is a glossary with technical terms used and the last chapter is completely dedicated on how to do and write up your own research project!!