Profile for Nich-E > Reviews

SSR-25DD DC to DC Covered Solid State Module Relay DC 3-32V DC 5-110V
SSR-25DD DC to DC Covered Solid State Module Relay DC 3-32V DC 5-110V
Offered by sourcingmap

3.0 out of 5 stars Doubts about the real maximum current, 23 Mar. 2015
Relay was bought for PWM motor control in an electric car. It worked great at first, but after a while it started behaving unreliably and has finally given up the ghost. It still works after tinkering but is not suitable for the purpose I needed it for.

Digital LCD Multimeter Voltmeter Ammeter OHM AC DC Circuit Checker Tester
Digital LCD Multimeter Voltmeter Ammeter OHM AC DC Circuit Checker Tester
Offered by UK TRADE CENTRE LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best suited for beginners with an idea of electronics, 23 Mar. 2015
Quite versatile for the price. Be warned it has no fuse, so if you measure something on the wrong setting and it goes pop, your hand may go 'pop' too!

The font on the screen is nice and big and clear to read. It is however not backlit, so good luck in the dark!

This multimeter can measure ohms, transistor hFE (Doubting the usefulness of that feature), Amps(mA and A), and AC and DC voltage. I have overloaded the milliamps port(shorted a USB port, 1A) and the AC port(1020V) and the meter is still working perfectly.

I however wished there was a 'hold' feature, which would wait until an input is detected and freeze the reading on the screen, for times when you may not be able to see the meter. When I was taking voltage and amperage measurements from an old PC I have been restoring, measuring the voltage at certain points has been quite awkward, while trying to keep eye contact with the meter.

I'd recommend this for beginners that have some idea about electronics. For people that do not have a clue, and professionals also, I'd recommend going after a more high-end multimeter with the proper in-built protection fuses and circuitry.

Gioteck VX1 Wired Control Pad (PS3/Windows Vista)
Gioteck VX1 Wired Control Pad (PS3/Windows Vista)
Offered by Gamer's Outlet

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on PC, PS3 and Android, 20 Jun. 2014
The controller feels well-made for the price, despite the lack of pressure sensitive buttons and a vibration motor. In the middle it has the PS3 home button, which allows you to turn off the system or change controller number. Around the button is a ring light which indicates what controller number you are.

The analog sticks work as expected, and have an indented design, which came in handy when playing COD. On PC and Android, to get both analog sticks working, you must press the PS3 button until two lights in the ring are lit, indicating both analog sticks are activated.

The controller is very light and the buttons are easy to press, making it ideal for gaming for long periods of time. However, I found that on rare occasions the ps3 home button would get stuck, pressing it again releases the button.

Overall it's pretty responsive and in my opinion good value for money. However, if you are thinking of getting this as a replacement for an original ps3 controller, the R2 and L2 buttons don't go all the way back, which can take some time getting used to.

Wired--up HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Wired--up HDMI Mini to HDMI Male 1.8m Cable - Black
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Arrived 3 days early, 19 Jun. 2014
Arrived fast. Cable feels of a high quality for the price, works perfectly with my tablet. Would recommend to anyone.

ProntoTec 7
ProntoTec 7

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations..., 19 Jun. 2014
This review is from: ProntoTec 7
I've been looking at these tablets online for a while, for over half a year, from various sellers. Then I came across this tablet, which is dual-core, offers HDMI, and the other stuff you'd usually expect from a tablet. Performancewise, it's slightly slower than my phone, but this is compensated easily by its snappy interface, great battery life for the price, and smooth playback of 720p youtube videos.

Delivery was quick, as I ordered this to an Amazon locker, it arrived within 48 hours of purchase. The tablet came with a full battery, which meant I could start playing around with it instantly.

As far as the screen is concerned, I'm not too sure about the resolution, but it's definitely not cramped and massive like the cheap, slower Chinese versions. It's clear while watching 720p youtube videos, but not ideal for reading books for a prolonged amount of time. The brightness is amazing indoors, however outdoors in full sunlight, the backlight surrenders.
Touch sensitivity is good, however the screen needs calibrating, as there is a slight offset towards the corner of the screen. It isn't unusable, but means you may need to press slightly to the left or right of a button to get it. For the price this isn't a problem at all, and as the keyboard buttons are big, the slight offset doesn't distort landscape typing at all.

This tablet also comes with mini HDMI and USB OTG, both of which I am using at the moment - as I'm typing this review from the tablet. The HDMI cable isn't included, you'll have to get that seperately. However, an OTG cable comes in the box. The tablet I recieved doesn't seem to give out power through its OTG port, but I have sorted a temporary workaround for it (which is to apply power to the external device, then ground it to the tablet and connect the data cables as normal, then connect it to the included OTG adapter). I'm hoping an update or patch for this will be available in the future possibly.
Upon connecting the HDMI cable to the tablet, the lock screen button turns into a switch for the tablet's display, and the sound switches to the connected display. The resolution for the HDMI output can be set in the settings, and the HDMI socket can be turned off altogether if you don't plan to use it. If the output doesn't fit your screen, this can be resized in the settings.

Where battery life is concerned, I've got 5 hours standby out of it with WiFi turned on, 3 hours while watching YouTube in HD, an entire day with WiFi off while listening to music and taking occasional pictures, and 2 1/2 hours connected to HDMI. The tablet charges fully in under an hour with the included adapter, and takes significantly longer using USB. I'd recommend the included adapter for charging.

The tablet comes with 2 cameras, one on the back and on the front, both at the same 640x480 resolution. For burst shots and the unlikely event that you'll forget your phone, these cameras come in handy. The tablet records at 640x480 a framerate of 30 fps.

For the price of the tablet I'm impressed, and I'd recommend it to a first-time tablet buyer or to someone looking for a companion for their smartphone. So far I've installed GTA, Dead Trigger and a bunch of On-demand apps on the tablet, all of which work perfectly.
I've seen another review on this tablet being slow, however you'll find it isn't if you don't overload it with apps you don't need. I only have a page and a half of apps that I'll actually use. I'd recommend NEXT BROWSER for browsing the internet as Chrome seems to freeze often.
As an addition, the tablet's performance can be changed in the settings, and I've had mine set on the "On-Demand" function during use. When you turn the tablet on it will default to "Interactive" which I find slow and battery consuming. If you already own one of these tablets, to change performance settings, go to Settings > Accessibility > scroll down > Performance.

I would happily recommend this to anyone. As I've only had this tablet for about a week, I'm looking forward to seeing how it will do as time goes on.

I forgot to mention two more things in the review, mainly the Charger. The AC charger does not go all the way into the tablet, so be careful while plugging it in as you don't want to damage the charging port.
The Tablet comes with a video player called 'OWL Player' which takes advantage of the CPU's built in decoders. This basically allows you to watch a video anywhere on the screen while multitasking on the tablet.

***Edit 3rd November 2014
A few months down the line, the tablet is still fully functional and working as expected. I now have it on 24/7 as a webserver(Which I'm probably not supposed to do with these kinds of devices) but the tablet is just as reliable as it was all along.
The only thing that lets this tablet down is the CPU, which has the tendency to freeze under intense load. However, in comparison to my other more expensive Archos tablet, which has almost-identical specs, this tablet can run more programs at a time, compared to my Archos which consistently closes programs. This tablet is also considerably loud compared to the Archos, which is surprising for the affordable price. The durablilty of this tablet has also impressed me - it's survived two drops from 1.5 metres high onto concrete - without a single shatter on the screen. The tablet did restart after the 2nd drop, but worked as normal after.
The only two things that would make this tablet better, in my opinion, would be an improved CPU and bigger battery.

Trust Raina 2.1 Subwoofer Speaker Set - Black
Trust Raina 2.1 Subwoofer Speaker Set - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Good speakers - if they're set up properly. Works great with Smart TV, MP3, Phone, Tablet and Desktop, 17 April 2014
These speakers are good value for money, considering what they do for the price. I've had these speakers for almost a full year now, and they're still going good. I purchased mine from Argos.

I've tried many speaker arrangements, either getting too much bass or too little bass. I've settled now with the subwoofer in the middle, with the satellite speakers far apart on the floor.
I've used these speakers with everything since I've got them - even carried them in my bag and powered them up in public using a homemade USB charger. They're quite loud, but if you carry the volume too loud it will eventually start spitting the bass. Even louder, and the sound starts to normalise again slightly. If what your playing has very high tones, the satellites will rattle.

In comparison to my Samsung Smart TV speakers, the sound is fuller and partially deeper than before. Because these are USB powered, if they're plugged into the TV USB port, they'll turn on when your TV does, and turn off when it does - same for a computer.

NOTES
If you plug the speaker into a USB Port and hear humming, this is normal. It goes away as soon as sound is being played. If you hear prolonged noise, it's because theres other wires touching it with AC current passing through. Move those wires away and the sound comes out clear again.
I must also note that the subwoofer is rather small,it's only a few cm larger than the satelite speakers.

I've tested these with my Homemade USB charger when it had a dead battery, and these use barely any power at all. The protection circuit turned off the speakers when I attempted to further increase the volume.

I'd highly recommend these if you're looking for an improvement to your television's built in speakers, or maybe as a computer speaker setup. If you're looking for something a little more reliable, I'd recommend the Logitech speakers.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler 8GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Gold Metal Casing) DTGE9/8GB
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Gold aside, this is really reliable., 29 Mar. 2014
I bought this USB stick mainly down to the design and fully metal body, and it's taken a tough time. It's been battered, stamped on, left in the cold, and pretty much still works. The transfer speeds are fast enough for me, around 6mb/s (You can possibly achieve faster using SuperCopier, but I use encryption software for mine which unfortunately slows down the speed). It's pretty much all you can expect from a USB stick. It has a modern look, and it's rather small, but over time I've gotten used to the size. I'd highly recommend this to anyone who treats their USB carelessly, or simply looking for reliability with a modern design.

Lexar LJDV10-8GBABEU 8GB Media JumpDrive V10 USB Flash Drive - Orange
Lexar LJDV10-8GBABEU 8GB Media JumpDrive V10 USB Flash Drive - Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly High-Speed, 29 Mar. 2014
I bought this for use with my Samsung Smart TV for recording TV and simultaneously pausing, re-winding and fast-forwarding Live TV. Other USB sticks I have tried in the TV failed to meet its minimum requirements of 15mb/s RW, but this one passed with flying colours. The TV reported just over 21mb/s RW, which is rather impressive considering that on Windows computers you don't get much more than 3mb/s without using 3rd Party Software such as Supercopier to speed that up. I purchased this USB stick during its sale period of £2.99, and I'm happy with my purchase. Considering getting another one.

KingMansion 3000mAh backup battery cover case for SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 mini i9190 With Window View Black Color
Offered by KingMansion

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy with purchase, 29 Mar. 2014
Convinced with the price point and case battery capacity, I went ahead and purchased it, and I have no regrets. The case lasts LONG, restoring phone charge just over more than 50%. It charges the phone pretty fast, even under heavy usage. The case doesn't heat up, as long as you aren't doing anything too demanding on the phone.

Charging the case is a breeze, as it has a function where it can charge the phone fully first (When the phone says 100% it isn't full, the case will detect when the phone is full) and then the case will charge itself fully. When both case and phone are fully charged, the case will trickle charge the phone to keep it topped up. If you start using the phone when the case has fully charged it, the case will stop charging itself and charge the phone again.

For a product as cheap as this, I am surprised with the quality and performance of it, and particularly how it manages power. Using the case over time, I've not had my phone die on me on an entire day out, with regular usage such as camera and recording. Speaking of which, this case does not block the camera or flash. The grille at the back allows the speaker sound to pass through.

However, the plastic used to make this case isn't that strong and i'd advise not constantly inserting and removing your phone from the case. I have made that mistake and slight cracks are at the top part that holds the phone down.

The case model I recieved had the battery indicator and power switch on the rear, which I think is neater than having them on the front.

Ebest - Wireless Remote Control Vibration Alarm for Door Window. Battery Not Included.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Alarm, 7 Jan. 2014
As said in the title, I use this as a Bike alarm, and it works well for purpose. If the bike is shifted about a centimetre, the alarm goes off rather loud, if you use good batteries. If it is left turned on, it barely nibbles on the battery. I have removed the switch access from the unit so it suits it's purpose as a bike alarm, and thieves can't just turn it off and make their way away with the bike. This is convenient and hasn't given me any troubles yet. The range is surprisingly good and I am pleased with my purchase.

Page: 1 | 2