Profile for Ya Kil > Reviews

Content by Ya Kil

Ya Kil "Beautiful music goes beyond language" (Nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
L'amour Au Kilo
L'amour Au Kilo

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't weigh love, 22 Jan. 2016
This review is from: L'amour Au Kilo (MP3 Download)
Another classic of Congolese Rumba! Unfortunately, this was the only opus that he released. Featuring the vocals of Carlyto Lassa and Abby Souria on most songs, OUSMANE BAGAYOKO is a staple at every Congolese party. My all-time favourite is DOUDOU A MWEN with his seductive intro followed by a frenetic Soukouss that you can't help but dance to. Other numbers such as MAMI WATA, KOTIKA TE or MBONGO (Money) are equally delectable. This is for the serious collector of fine Congolese music, a must!

Wake Up
Wake Up

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't sleep on it!, 22 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Wake Up (MP3 Download)
This is one of the best collaborations between two giants of, not only Congolese music but also African music. In the Hip Hop world, Think Nas teaming up with Jay Z on a full album produced by Dr Dre and DJ Premiere: A match made in Heaven! Nearly 20 years later, they have stood the test of time and most of the tracks feature in compilations album. The opening track is a call to unity disguised as a love song. Papa Wemba excels in "Mi amor" with a retro palm wine music for modern ears while Koffi Olomide takes reins on "Avion". Koffi Olomide learnt his ropes in Viva La Musica alongside Reddy Amisi and it is a shame that he became a bitter rival to Wemba after the album was recorded. Therefore, they have never performed it live. Still, the synergy is effortless and each artist played his role to perfection. A must have for Rumba aficionados...

Classic Titles: Koffi Olomidé
Classic Titles: Koffi Olomidé

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a best of, but not entirely classics either, 22 Jan. 2016
Whoever compile this has just chosen some of his favourite Koffi Olomide's songs. Qualify as classics are: DIEU VOIT TOUT, HENRIQUET & ELLE ET MOI. The rest are just good songs that barely (if ever) get performed at concerts. So, it is not a best of, but songs that have lasted the test of time to warrant a listen again and again. If you want 11 CLASSIC TITLES, I will give it to you:

1. VIP.
8. RUE D'AMOUR
9. LOGIQUE
10. GALERIE
11. ELIXIR

This is debatable. So go ahead...

Droit De Véto
Droit De Véto

3.0 out of 5 stars Bo zo ko rond point..., 22 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Droit De Véto (MP3 Download)
The album seemed to have been rushed to capitalize on the success of his sell-out performance at THE OLYMPIA in Paris. Even though a successful live album was in the market, Olomide released DROIT DE VETO with similar "sebene" and forgettable tracks. The Olympia experience will, however, spur Koffi Olomide to aim for even bigger arenas (Zenith & Stade de France will follow). Stand out tracks is without a doubt SENS INVERSE with ROND POINT & DROIT DE VETO standing the test of time at Congolese/African parties.

Jim Rohn : Building Your Network Marketing Business (UK Import)
Jim Rohn : Building Your Network Marketing Business (UK Import)
Offered by knowledge is King

5.0 out of 5 stars From the ground up!, 21 Jan. 2016
You could never go wrong when someone like Jim Rohn breaks down how anyone can build their network marketing business. It takes a few listens to impregnate your mind with wonderful truths (law of averages, law of sowing and reaping, etc...) and if applied, there is nothing stopping you for massive success. I am still working on it...

Making The Shift - Developing The Entrepreneur Mindset CD
Making The Shift - Developing The Entrepreneur Mindset CD
by Darren Hardy
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Repetition is the mother of skills, 6 Jan. 2016
Guess when I bought this cd? The same day I heard about it. (Thank you Mr Brian Carruthers!) Yes, it contains excerpts of THE COMPOUND EFFECT. Yes, Robert Kiyosaki advocates for network marketing as the business of the 21st century and OH YES! Jim Rohn has a few wise words to say. For those venturing in entrepreneurship, there are much needed tips or rather advice from a successful entrepreneur and best selling author, Darren Hardy. Keep a copy, learn it and ultimately make sure that leaders in your team each have one as well. Running over an hour with valuable knowledge, this audio does indeed help you making the shift.

How to Change Your Life in 7 Steps  (Quick Reads)
How to Change Your Life in 7 Steps  (Quick Reads)
by John Bird

4.0 out of 5 stars Success, one step at a time..., 30 Nov. 2015
Nonchalantly, I picked this book from my library and unbeknownst to me, I have been impressed. Even though I knew about THE BIG ISSUE, I never knew the gentleman behind it (I'm Congolese, shoot me!) Those "quick reads" book series are perfect for the common person who wants a bite-size on various topics. In this case, laws of success as experienced by Lord John Bird. The writing style stays true to the author's pedigree and the somehow frank but bleak advice or commentary strikes home. Coupled with "The 10 keys to success", these are decent self-help books. I returned the book to the library, bought myself a copy (at £1.99, you are not going to be bankrupted) so I can underline parts that struck a chord with me. This way, I can always return to it and share it with friends, colleagues or tweets.

The 10 Keys to Success
The 10 Keys to Success
by John Bird

5.0 out of 5 stars A gem in the dirt, 30 Nov. 2015
This review is from: The 10 Keys to Success (Paperback)
Nonchalantly, I picked this book from my library and unbeknownst to me, I have been impressed. Even though I knew about THE BIG ISSUE, I never knew the gentleman behind it (I'm Congolese, shoot me!) Those "quick reads" book series are perfect for the common person who wants a bite-size on various topics. In this case, laws of success as experienced by Lord John Bird. The writing style stays true to the author's pedigree and the somehow frank but bleak advice or commentary strikes home. Coupled with "How to change your life in 7 steps", these are decent self-help books. I returned the book to the library, bought myself a copy (at £1.99, you are not going to be bankrupted) so I can underline parts that struck a chord with me. This way, I can always return to it and share it with friends, colleagues or tweets.

Action Day Weekly Planner 2016 - Size 6x8 - Color Orange - Layout Designed to Get Things Done - (Personal Organizer (+) Daily Calendar (+) Day Planner (+) Weekly Diary (+) Monthly Planner (+) Goals Journal (+) Datebook (+) Appointment Book)
Offered by Action Day Europe

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan your work then work your plan..., 30 Nov. 2015
2016 started TODAY! The item came two days early and I am so excited! This is perfect for me since I can organize my week the same way the late Stephen R. Covey recommended it (the 7 habits...) It also comes with a HOW TO USE your planner and few inspiring quotes at the beginning. However, it is your diary and you can do whatever you want to do with it. It is clearly labelled, with an lovely lay-out and for me, it is an awesome buy. Its size is adequate to be carried wherever you go (preferably a bag or coat). Already, I can picture the new year (2016) as a map with 52 cities (weeks). I am planning to visit every city effectively by going to various sites (days).

I usually start my day at 5am and am in bed by 11pm. The timescale of 7am-8pm should not be an issue because all the exciting stuff happens between 8am and 8pm. If like me, you are goal-driven (still working on it to be honest) you will love it. I am so looking forward to the new year.

The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride
The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride
by Darren Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars #JoinTheRide, 1 Nov. 2015
Times are dire for blue-collar workers. Most people who are stuck in a 9 to 5 with a minimum wage must feel like "This is it!" and live a life of quiet desperation. Some have taken to various methods to supplement their monthly income. For the courageous few, this is a perfect guide in your new money-making endeavour. Friends and family will laugh at you, you will sacrifice a lot and success is almost never guaranteed. Fret not, because even if you have never run a business before, you will find a heap of anecdotes that the author gathered from the likes of Richard Bronson, Dr Mehmet Oz and even Jim Rohn. It is wonderfully written and a perfect tool to gauge your entrepreneur-ometer. Darren Hardy knows how to sell a book with his engaging tone and the rollercoaster imagery (down to the page design) is a tour-de-force. Truly resourceful...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15