Profile for Serenity_27 > Reviews

Content by Serenity_27

Serenity_27 "Vampaholic" (UK)

My Lord Vampire (Zebra Books)
My Lord Vampire (Zebra Books)
by Alexandra Ivy
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: 4.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 23 Oct 2012
Fantastic book, I read this series a while ago before the reprints were done and they are brilliant. Just as good as her Guardians of Eternity series but with a twist of regency times. I thought the story was well written, the plot was great and I love that as the Guardian books did, they all intertwine and I very much enjoyed them. The main characters are right up there with the Guardian books also. Obviously there isn't as much action in them due to the fact they are not set in modern day times but I love that there are still twists and turns and a darker side to the story just like her other books and great character chemistry. They will sit on my bookshelf for certain as all 3 of these Immortal Rogue books will be read again for sure.

Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Underworld: Awakening (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Kate Beckinsale
Price: 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant film even better in 3D!, 10 Jun 2012
Fantastic film, I feel the best out of all the Underworld films. Got this is 3D to use on my new 3D blu ray player and TV and it did not disappoint. Highly recommended and an easy watch!

Eve's Christmas [DVD]
Eve's Christmas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Timothy Bond

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Christmas feel good movie!, 8 Jan 2012
This review is from: Eve's Christmas [DVD] (DVD)
This is a fantastic Christmas movie. Really makes you smile and it's definitely one for the girls. Also makes you appreciate what is really important in life! Highly recommended.

The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1 - Double Play (Blu-ray + DVD)
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by The Sigma Group
Price: 5.69

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 18 Nov 2011
I went to see this film at the 00:05 showing! I wasn't disappointed. As someone who has read the books, I was a little disappointed with Twilight, impressed with New Moon and loved Eclipse. If you have read them all I will tell you that this film sticks to the book like glue!! I was over the moon with it, the way it is in the book was truly captured on screen leaving me laughing, in tears and at certain points, holding my breath with anticipation, even though I knew what was going to happen because I have read the book. Great visual effects and I was pleased how they portrayed the wolves hearing each other. If you miss this film you miss out. Even though the gore scene (if you have read the book you know what I am referring to) is dampend down a little it is still gory and actually leaves you thinking it is more gruesome that they show because of the way the cameras angel and the glimpses of things they show you. 10 out of 10 and I will be going to see this again while it is in the cinemas!

Crescendo
Crescendo
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Just when you think it can't get any better!, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Crescendo (Hardcover)
WOW, this is the only word for this book. I read Hush Hush in 3 sitting and rushed out to get this book. I didn't think it was possible but it steps it up a notch from Hush Hush and is even better. Talk about intense and action packed. I only ever read vampire novels but these books gave me a new genre and I am all about Fallen Angels now. I am not a teenager I am 27 years young and even though this is supposed to be a teen read I was sucked into the world Becca Fitzpatick created. The characters are fantastic, I found myself laughing out loud because of Vee. The chemistry between Patch and Nora is so intense and feels genuine. The book flows smoothly and I love that Nora isn't a pathetic girl with no back bone. She takes her life into her own hands and certainly isn't a push over.

I enjoyed both Hush Hush and Crescendo that much that when the third book arrived on my doorstep I decided to re-read the first two books again before I started Silence. I enjoyed them just as much if not more. Don't hesitate to pick these books up, you won't be disappointed. They are also written in the first person which made me feel more connected to the main character Nora and made it a very easy read. Be prepared for a cliff hanger ending though so I would advise Silence sat on the shelf waiting for you to finish this book so you can pick it up straight away. I had to wait 4 months and I was counting down the days until Silence was released!

You would be a fool to miss out, I even have to say they are better than the Twilight saga, much more going on, more intense and better chemistry between the two main characters. Don't miss out!

Hush, Hush
Hush, Hush
by Becca Fitzpatrick
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars I was blown away!, 23 May 2011
This review is from: Hush, Hush (Paperback)
Firstly I am not a teenager, I am 27 years young. I picked this up because it sounded half decent and the cover caught my eye. So, it sat on my bookself for the best part of 8 months. I had come to the point where I wasn't enjoying some of the books I had been choosing lately and so decided to pick this up and start it at long last. WOW, I wish I hadn't waited!!!! I read this book in 3 sittings in the evening over 3 days. I coulnd't put it down and when I did put it down I was constantly thinking about it. You have no idea whats coming next and I tried guessing believe me. I tend to read vampire books and this isn't so I'm shocked I loved it more than most books I've read! This one is based on Angels but it has such a twist to it because not all Angels are angelic like you would think and this really sets it apart from a lot of other books I have read.

Please don't think TWILIGHT!! This, in my opinion is better than twilight. The characters are so much more real and I don't feel annoyed at any of the characters. The author may have aimed this as a teen read but the characters come across much more grown up. I found myself being able to connect with the characters and I loved Patch!! Don't think twice about picking this book up. I have passed it on to my Mum who is 47 and is equally enjoying too and she isn't a reader, I have passed many books on to her to read and unless it's fantastic she can't get into them. This is also set in the first person which makes it such an easy read and really helps you feel like your in the story. I found myself lost in the world the author created. The only down side was it just wasn't long enough so I ran out to the nearest shop and bought the second book Crescendo and I am half way through that and it keeps getting better and better. I have just pre-ordered the thrid book, Silence which is out in October and it can't be released soon enough. This is a wonderful writer, Becca Fitzpatrick has done an incrediable job and you would be a fool to miss out on such a fanatstic and intense book!!!!

Eastwick - Season One [DVD]
Eastwick - Season One [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new show that shouldn't have been dropped!, 9 Jun 2010
This review is from: Eastwick - Season One [DVD] (DVD)
Why is it that every time a great fresh new show comes out they drop it and leave us hanging! This show left the end of the season on a cliff hanger and a half but we will never know what happens. This show was fresh and in it's own element, just wish they would bring it back and I will be first in line to preorder if they release this on DVD!