Profile for Kuks > Reviews

From Pasta to Pigfoot
From Pasta to Pigfoot
by Frances Mensah Williams

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable from start to finish, 6 Oct. 2015
This review is from: From Pasta to Pigfoot (Paperback)
Very enjoyable, unputdownable and really easy to read. This book was great from the get go. It is a light hearted read with a very valid and clear message. The way in which the writer makes the scenes in Ghana come alive is wonderful and really takes me back there! This book would appeal to anyone that likes chick lit but also to anyone that is interested in learning about West African culture through the eyes of British born west African. Can't wait for the follow up :-)

Yeah Ghost (CD Album)
Yeah Ghost (CD Album)
Offered by Gute_Preise

1.0 out of 5 stars Deeply disappointed, 13 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Yeah Ghost (CD Album) (Audio CD)
I have been a fan since the days of Simple Things, and am therefore a big fan of the original vocalists, Sia Furler and Sophie Barker. I also thought that Tina Dico and Jose Gonzales both worked well on the second and third albums but the style of Yeah Ghost is so far from what Zero 7 stand for. The chillout/ambient sound has completely gone and they have replaced it with something, perhaps, they thought was more popular. But it's just awful! I can't even think of one track on there that I would say I like. A strange coincidence that Air's "Love 2" has also come out recently - I much prefer and would recommend that. And I also feel like I wasted my money on gig tickets. Their gig on 9th October at the RoundHouse, London was possibly THE worst gig I have ever been to, bar none. So bad, that we left after 30 mins.

Thoroughly disappointed. After waiting three years for the release of the CD, I was really expecting something special, but Yeah Ghost is far from that. Let's hope Sia doesn't disappoint too with whatever she brings out next.