Profile for C. E. A. Fader > Reviews

Content by C. E. A. Fader

C. E. A. Fader "Self Help Junkie" (London, UK)

REVISE: GCSE Revision Planner (REVISE Companions)
REVISE: GCSE Revision Planner (REVISE Companions)
by Rob Bircher
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars only 6 weeks to go ( rather than the 16 recommended in the book ) - wish I'd seen this ..., 25 Mar. 2015
Arrived this morning ... only 6 weeks to go ( rather than the 16 recommended in the book ) - wish I'd seen this earlier for my 15 year old son but better late than never. Brilliant little pack with a chart and stickers - well it's made me feel better already !!! I think he'll enjoy filling this in - whether he actually gets down to the revision is another matter but it all helps to organise his thoughts - he's dyslexic and dyspraxic so needs all the organisational help he can get . Well thought out - couldn't have designed it better myself . This Pearson series are brilliant for other subjects too - I'm a great fan of their maths revision guides and workbooks as well.

Schlock Horror
Schlock Horror

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one book this Christmas ..., 27 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Schlock Horror (Kindle Edition)
... make sure it's this one and when you're bemoaning the fact that you've finished , cheer yourself up by knowing that there are two more available - Something to look forward to in your stocking . Keep 'em coming Mr Forte.

The Boy Who Fell To Earth
The Boy Who Fell To Earth
by Kathy Lette

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Dear ..., 6 April 2012
This books reads like it's been written by a teenager. The over use of one-liner gags ( and in fact they're more like three liners ... and they weren't funny with just one line ... with three it's just triple the embarrassment ) totally detracts from anything the book has to say . Merlin's depiction as a caricature betrays the real point the novel could have made. Shame , wasted opportunity Miss Lette. I'd rather have donated my money to the ASF ( Aspergers Syndrome Foundation ) which I would advise any potential buyers to do. It's a thinly disguised chick-lit piece of fluff masquerading as a book with a purpose. And yes , I have a son with Aspergers also . From the reviews above , seems like we've all fallen into the same trap of thinking it may actually have been a useful insight into the condition.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 7, 2012 7:30 AM BST

The Shops - How Why and Where to Shop
The Shops - How Why and Where to Shop
by India Knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Why you need to read this book, 4 Jan. 2004
The fact that Argos is right up there alongside Fortnum's speaks volumes for this glorious book. I've just spent a wonderful hour on the internet marvelling at one of her website recommendations.This book is my new best friend and I've bought it for all my closest friends this Christmas. Please bring out volume 2 in time for Christmas 2004, I almost can't wait. For anyone whose Mother made them try on slacks in Marks and Spencer when they were 12 yrs old, this will have you laughing out loud. Sheer heaven.

A Mind at a Time
A Mind at a Time
by Mel Levine

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'must-read' for any parent, 26 Aug. 2002
This review is from: A Mind at a Time (Hardcover)
I watched Dr Mel Levine on Oprah and couldn't get hold of this book fast enough. This is probably the most important book I have ever, or will ever read.Until now I'd fallen into the trap of thinking that a child's educational progress was directly linked to their degree of intelligence but this book rightly dismisses this unhelpful myth.
As Dr Levine himself explains 'different brains are differently wired' and his book goes on to explain why and how, liberally explained with helpful examples from his own experience as an education expert.The various learning patterns he describes are revelatory - it all seems obvious once you've read it which just goes to show that he puts his points across with immense lucidity and passion.
The book not only sheds light on the facinating subject of how children learn but also provides invaluable insight into practical coping strategies to deal with weaknesses. Better still, it constantly reminds you to celebrate their strengths.I felt immensely uplifted and encouraged by this book and would urge any parent of a child who might be struggling at school to read this book immediately.