Profile for Mary-The Sweet Bookshelf > Reviews

Content by Mary-The Sweet...

Mary-The Sweet Bookshelf (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15
Fairest
Fairest
by Gail Carson Levine

3.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love it, 13 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Fairest (Paperback)
It took me a bit to get into this book. As I got into it I liked it. It has all the elements of a traditional fairy tale. Fairest is the story of Snow White, re-told through Gail Carson Levine's eyes of what really happened. The only thing I didn't like about this book, was how they talked about Aza as being "so ugly". It was mentioned over and over and over. That can't be good for anyone to hear that over and over. It was to centered on "looks." But I did enjoy the book over all, but the looming ugliness of Aza really dampened the story for me. I love Gail Carson Levine, so I wanted to LOVE this book, it just didn't happen.

Remember Me?
Remember Me?

3.0 out of 5 stars my least fav Kinsella, 12 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Remember Me? (Kindle Edition)
am a huge fan of Sophie Kinsella - she is an author where I am never let down. I always look forward to her books coming out as they are guaranteed feel-good books.

Remember Me doesn't disappoint. It's funny, witty, and I love the the hero's Sophie Kinsella conjures up. They are always so YUIMMY! There is a lot of the "f" word, and infidelity in this book...but that being said, I still really enjoyed it. TWO THUMBS UP!

Wicked Lovely
Wicked Lovely

4.0 out of 5 stars different, 12 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Wicked Lovely (Kindle Edition)
It took me quite awhile to get into this book. Every time I started to read it, I wouldn't get very far. I was re-reading the first 30 pages over and over. I had no idea what was going on.

I was about to abandon the book when Friday I decided to give it another go....and boy am I glad I did. It was a very interesting world of dark faeries and romance (I'm always into a romance!). I did enjoy the book very much, but the ending was not how I was hoping. I'm glad there are more books in the series, because I'm still hoping for some special things to happen....

If you are looking for something different in the fantasy world, I'd definitely recommend Wicked Lovey!

Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely)
Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely)

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive!, 12 Aug. 2011
ADDICTIVE....that's the only word I can think of to explain it. I started it yesterday morning, and couldn't put it down. I was at work slipping in the back room with the book just to read another paragraph here and there. I stayed awake all night to finish it. I HAD TO!

The best thing about Melissa Marr's books? I find myself rearranging characters and loyalties to make everything end up happy. I would tie it all up nice and neatly, but Marr doesn't do that. She isn't afraid to make the world difficult for her characters and her books are so much better and longer-lasting for it.

There MUST be another book...there is MUCH more to tell...I can't wait to find out!

Can You Keep A Secret?
Can You Keep A Secret?

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh out loud!, 12 Aug. 2011
By now you all know I love anything by Sophie Kinsella. This book did not disappoint. I was laughing out loud in the bedroom reading, and my husband came in thinking I was laughing at myself. Nope, it was this hilarious book! I never have any trouble getting into Sophie Kinsella's books, I'll read anything she writes...because I trust her as an author. I know her style is something I love. Go get this book, it's super funny, and romantic, and so true about all of us! You'll LOVE it!

Knife: Knife (Faery Rebels series Book 1)
Knife: Knife (Faery Rebels series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 12 Aug. 2011
Another fantastic debut novel! This book was just full of awesomeness. I absolutely loved reading it! The plot was something totally different, which was beyond refreshing! This is the type of faeries that I had always imagined hiding amongst flowers. Knife was so fascinating. Such a complex character. She really made this novel. And I love Paul! I LOVED THIS BOOK!! It sure was a pleasure to read. I've so enjoyed reading about faeries this year!!

The Book Thief
The Book Thief

5.0 out of 5 stars wow! just wow!, 12 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Book Thief (Kindle Edition)
I just finished reading The Book Thief about 10 minutes ago, and words can not describe what I've read. It's a feeling, and I can't even describe those. Amazing....the writing alone is brilliant...but the story is heart wrenching, sad, amazing, loving, and horrid all at the same time. Death is narrating, which shows quite the picture during Nazi Germany. You MUST read this book. It deserves a place by The Diary of Anne Frank. What a story.

Prada and Prejudice
Prada and Prejudice

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, 12 Aug. 2011
What a cute book! If you are looking for a beach read, or something to take while you sit by the pool, this is your book. I'm all about Regency England, and any Mr. Darcy type...what girl isn't?!
It's a short, easy read. Only 214 pages. You can read it in a few hours while your on your holiday! Pick it up, you'll enjoy such a light read!

The Immortals: Blue Moon
The Immortals: Blue Moon

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good, 12 Aug. 2011
Blue Moon wasn't as good as the first book, EVERMORE, but I still enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to the next book in the Immortal Series. I was a bit let down, from the lack of romance..seeing as the first book had so much of it...and this one not so much...but It was a good read. Not my favorite, but it was still good.

Fairy Tale
Fairy Tale
by Cyn Balog

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE!, 12 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Fairy Tale (Paperback)
I have the day off, so when I woke up this morning I grabbed Fairy Tale and decided to start what I thought would be an amazing fairytale. I was right...I didn't stop reading. I couldn't even put it down to go pee! It's lunch time and I'm finished, and I can't wait to read it again...It was lovely. What a fairytale! I even had tears streaming down my cheeks in the end. I am a sucker for a fairytale romance, and this did not disappoint. YOU MUST READ FAIRY TALE! I loved it! I am still having a glow about me from this wonderful story. I'll be on cloud 9 all day! This is why I LOVE reading!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-15