Profile for Mr. P. F. Whistlecroft > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. F. Whis...

Mr. P. F. Whistlecroft "alftupper" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 25 Aug 2014
Didn't want it to end. Very short chapters made it easy to read in short bursts. Great story. Memorable protagonists. And a frightening insight into the Nazi philosophy, and into the plight of the occupied French.

OneNote
OneNote

5.0 out of 5 stars Best microsoft product, and free., 4 Aug 2014
This review is from: OneNote (App)
Microsoft's best kept secret. Use it in the office, at home, on the go. Best app of the decade.

Tuff-Luv Apocalypse Faux Leather case & Screen protection for Apple iPod Touch 5th Gen - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars The iPod falls out, 18 Jan 2014
This just doesn't work on my son's new iPod. There's just no grip, and the ipod falls out. Poor design, or have I got a faulty one?

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars A feel good romp, 22 Sep 2013
A very enjoyable and easy read. Makes you feel good throughout, with its cast of likeable rogues. Touching in places.

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)
A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Thrown it into a corner after 280 pages., 26 May 2013
I would have thrown it into a corner but it's on my kindle. I would have created a folder "thrown in corner" and moved it there but unfortunately I can't do that on my Fire (yet), because I don't think it supports folders. I'm quite relieved to have made the decision to give up and move on. It's like East Enders but without the laughs. And there are just too many characters, and too much jumping around for my simple mind to take in. So would the GoT zealots out there please spare me the insults, it's just my opinion, and it just didn't work for me, and it's just a book.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 1:42 PM BST

The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)
The Night Circus (Vintage Magic)

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't wait for it to end, 29 Mar 2013
After reading all the hype, this was bound to be a let down for me. It was painful right to the very end. I had contemplated abandoning it several times, but ploughed on, in case it picked up. It didn't. I'll see if my wife finds it any better. Anyway, onto the 2nd Ben Aaronovitch Rivers of London book Moon Over Soho (Rivers of London 2) - and hope it's as good as the first.

Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)
Rivers of London (PC Peter Grant Book Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable supernatural romp, 16 Feb 2013
I really enjoyed this book and am planning to read the others in the series. Harry Potter for grown ups perhaps, with just the right amount of frivolity.

Replay (FANTASY MASTERWORKS)
Replay (FANTASY MASTERWORKS)
by Ken Grimwood

5.0 out of 5 stars This has now become my favourite book., 23 Jan 2012
I finished this book at weekend, while sitting in some airport away from my family. And when I'd finished I just needed to get back home to my loved ones. Take a look at some of the other review comments here, and especially over on amazon.com to see how loved this book is - because I'm sure I can't top some of those eloquent comments. I've been recommending to all friends thay they read this, but I'm insisting my wife reads it. Do yourself a favour and get a copy.

FLASH SUPERSTORE NOKIA N8 LUXURY PU LEATHER FLIP CASE COVER BLACK / TAN + SCREEN PROTECTOR
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit., 4 Aug 2011
I'm well pleased with this. Quickly and easily fitted to my Nokia N8. I keep it in my trouser pocket and while it's obviously less slim than a naked N8, it still doesn't feel too bulky. It looks good and feels good. It has a quick release magnetic flap to access the phone. In fact the case makes it easier to hold the phone when making calls or playing games. And I use it as a stand when looking at photos or videos. Nice piece of kit.

Modern-Tech In-Car Windscreen Suction Holder/ Mount for Nokia N8
Modern-Tech In-Car Windscreen Suction Holder/ Mount for Nokia N8
Offered by Modern-Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit., 4 Aug 2011
I'm using this in my Jeep Cherokee, with a Nokia N8 and it's ideal. Its short length is ideal for my short dashboard. It sticks perfectly to the windscreen. It fits my Nokia both upright and sideways, even though I have a leather case on the Nokia. It has a quick release for getting the phone in and out, and it's easily adjustable. It has claws that come together to grip just about anything. I'm well pleased with it. Great bargain.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3