Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Elegant Nespresso® Compatible Machine-La Forza del Caffè italiano Exclusive
Elegant Nespresso® Compatible Machine-La Forza del Caffè italiano Exclusive

1.0 out of 5 stars I can put up with a lot of disappointment. This coffee maker, 7 Jun. 2016
I do not normally write negative reviews. I can put up with a lot of disappointment. This coffee maker, I gave to a very good friend who estimates he has made about 30 cups of coffee with it. It has failed completely spreading water over the countertop and beyond. This is a most unsatisfactory produce.

Out: A Schoolboy's Tale
Out: A Schoolboy's Tale

4.0 out of 5 stars Truly a schoolboy's tale, 25 April 2016
This book is written from the point of view of a 15 year old boy who attends a "Grammar School" through earning a scholarship. Sex is a poblem, not only because he is a good looking 15 year old boy, but because he is not sure of his sexual orientation. Not only is this a love story, but we are taught about music, (classical and popular since the 15 year old boy is an accomplished pianist), intollerance, hate, loyalty, and redemption. Though long, and sometimes wordy with sections of school textbook exercises quoted, this book is very worth reading. It is about a 15 year old boy, and sounds just like one. You will sympathize with the boy and his parents. I wish I could have spoken to some of my teachers the way this boy does. In my day, one had to watch one's language or suffer the consequence.

Fair to Middling: a love story
Fair to Middling: a love story

4.0 out of 5 stars ... book is exactly what it claims to be "a love story". it has loveable character who develop in ..., 2 April 2016
This book is exactly what it claims to be "a love story". it has loveable character who
develop in love and acceptance of each other. This is not a purely "gay" love story by any means, but a group of students in a Middle, or Junior High School whose interactions affect and change the way they think about each other. Not only are we treated to the developments in student "affairs", but in the development of emotional ties amongst the teaching sraff. The music references at the head of each chapter are an interesting and perhaps unique way of hinting at the content. The music is not extraneous and does not detract from the story at all. It is obvious that Michael Scherperel is involved in music and loves it. This comes over clearly, with music adding a very interesting sub-plot to the novel. The only criticisms I make are: While the story is engaging and lively, it is unrealistic in that the heros are a bit too perfect (why not, it's a love story!), and I find Americanisms and modern grammar somewhat irritating {but then Mr. Scherperel is American, and I'm not perfect}. A very enjoyable book.

Elizabeth David's Christmas
Elizabeth David's Christmas
by Elizabeth David

5.0 out of 5 stars Postponed, 3 July 2013
I shall be able to write a review when I see the book. Due to copyright, I had to have it sent to a friend in England until I can pick it up in November. The five stars reflect the usual service i receive from Amazon and their sellers.