Profile for Sue > Reviews

Sue (Hampshire, UK)

Darkside
Darkside
by Belinda Bauer

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the story very much but found it a rather ..., 4 Nov 2014
This review is from: Darkside (Paperback)
I enjoyed the story very much but found it a rather dark and bleak story in places. The main character Jonas has a young wife who is struggling with MS and the story made me cry at times.

One thing that was wrong with this book was the number of grammatical errors and spelling mistakes, aren't books proof read any more? I think I would have given the book 5 stars if it wasn't for the errors.

Kingfisher Single Air Bed - Ideal for camping
Kingfisher Single Air Bed - Ideal for camping
Offered by Beck's

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, 11 Aug 2014
Bought this quite some time ago with the idea of using it if I went on holiday and found the bed uncomfortable, as I have a bad back. Needed to use it for the first time this year on holiday and it slowly deflated every night with not a lot of air left in it by the morning. Checked it back at home to see if there was any kind of puncture but there wasn't, so air must have seeped out of the seams. Looking at other reviews it looks like I'm not the only one to have had this problem.

Relaxation Techniques for a Healthy Life: Ultimate Guide to Reduce Stress and Anxiety
Offered by Natural Harmony Productions

5.0 out of 5 stars Relaxing!, 14 Mar 2013
A lovely CD with several techniques for relaxation to try. I particularly like the visualisation, which is the last track and lasts almost 25 minutes. I received it very quickly from the seller and it was decorated with a bow and a note saying 'Enjoy', I thought that was a nice touch.

50 Things You Can Do Today to Manage the Menopause
50 Things You Can Do Today to Manage the Menopause
by Wendy Green

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Read, 2 Jun 2012
I found this book useful and with some good suggestions to help with menopausal symptoms such as diet. I found it easy to read and well set out and a book you can easily look something up. I would definitely recommend it to ladies with menopausal symptoms and perhaps to people approaching menopausal age to prepare themselves beforehand, as it does not portray this period of your life as something to be dreaded.

I'm looking forward to trying some of the recipes, in particular the HRT cake which looks very easy to make.

Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Quick Dry Top Coat 15ml
Nubar Diamont Seal & Shine Quick Dry Top Coat 15ml
Offered by Nails and Beauty Direct

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 14 May 2012
I was looking for a top coat that would stop my nail varnish chipping, so when I saw this product which had excellent reviews and was free of some of the 'nasties' that other makes contain I decided to buy some.

Unfortunately, the product does not do what it says it does and the nail varnish has chipped the following day. So in my opinion don't buy this product, it's a waste of money.

LA Tweez Illuminating Tweezers Black
LA Tweez Illuminating Tweezers Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Illuminating!, 18 Sep 2011
Excellent product. This is the second pair I have bought (the first pair lasted years but I did something stupid with them and they didn't work afterwards!). I just had to have another pair and was delighted to find them on Amazon. A really great gadget which I originally got for going on holiday in a mobile home where the lighting was poor but now I find I use them all the time.

I was quite surprised at how cheap I got a pair for but there are big differences in the prices that the private sellers charge, so worth checking prices before buying.

Some Kind Of Trouble
Some Kind Of Trouble

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - It Grows on You!, 10 Feb 2011
This review is from: Some Kind Of Trouble (Audio CD)
I'm a big James Blunt fan and couldn't wait for this album to come out and it didn't disappoint. I still like his first album Back to Bedlam the most but think this is better than the second one All the Lost Souls.

The best tracks in my opinion are Stay the Night, Best Laid Plans, These are the Words, Calling out Your Name, I'll be Your Man and If Time is all I Have but there aren't any tracks on this album that I don't like.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 19, 2011 3:37 PM BST

Innocent Blood
Innocent Blood
by Elizabeth Corley

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Long and Boring, 24 July 2010
This review is from: Innocent Blood (Paperback)
Innocent Blood by Elizabeth Corley

I was really looking forward to reading this book as I have read the other three by this author and kept it to read on my holiday. What a let down this book was! I found it a bit slow moving to start with but decided to stick with it as a lot of books can start this way but I just found myself more and more bored with the storyline. I managed about 200 pages before I decided enough was enough.

At 655 pages the book is far too long and a book of this length has to be really gripping to keep you interested. The characters are too flat and do not have enough detail and the sub-plot of Andrew Fenwick and Louise Nightingale which runs through the books will have no doubt an obvious conclusion of them becoming an item and frankly has become boring.

I did skip to the end to see if anything interesting happened in the end chapters and started to read and soon lost interest!

I read the earlier books of which Requiem Mass and Grave Doubts are certainly a lot better, the other novel A Fatal Legacy is not that great but luckily was a lot shorter. I certainly would not buy any more books from this author if she continues to write.

The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas [DVD]
The Boy In The Striped Pyjamas [DVD]
Dvd ~ Asa Butterfield
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought Provoking, 4 July 2009
This was an enjoyable film but with a serious thought provoking side to it. One thing that could have improved it was if they had left the deleted scenes in because having watched them after the film, they held important detail which would have helped the understanding of the story. I couldn't understand why they were deleted as they would have improved the film. The film is a sharp reminder to the viewer of the suffering that went on in the concentration camps during the war and how it should never be forgotten.

On a lighter note it showed the innocence of children and the main character Bruno is delightful.