Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Greater Manchester, England)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 (3 Users, PC)
Microsoft Office Home and Student 2010 (3 Users, PC)
Offered by IHI

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job!!, 31 Jan. 2016
We needed 2010 (instead of upgrading to 2016) because I have a number of audio visual shows that were created in Powerpoint 2010 which came with the laptop that has needed replacing. The new laptop comes with Office and Home 2015 trial versions on - the problem is that AV shows created in 2010 do not play correctly in any other years version! They would all need their timings adjusting - not a small job - and not one that I had time to tackle: a failed laptop, a new one to get used to and bookings looming up was all pretty stressfull, so it was a relief to upload 2010 and everything about it was familiar and most importantly the timings in the show were spot on! I feel that sometimes upgrading each year just to gain a few new tweaks or a new looking layout is not always necessary or welcome!!
Comment Comment | Permalink

8"/20cm Fillet Knife
8"/20cm Fillet Knife

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job!, 4 Jan. 2016
It was larger than I had thought it would be - a lethal looking thing - but it does the job its intended for - an excellent boning/fish filleting knife, beautifully sharp and flexible - makes a lovely neat job of separating joints from bones neatly and leaving them presentable for carving. Excellent choice.

Belkin N300 Wall Plug Mounted Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with it, 4 Jan. 2016
A no-nonsense extender effortlessly taking our internet upstairs - its neat and not in the way at the top of the stairs and you can see the little blue light on it that tells you at a glance in passing that its working. My ipad no longer drops out of connection every few minutes - which it did before when being used upstairs with doors closed. Very pleased with it.

Ameristep AM-1RX2S010 Doghouse Blind Realtree Xtra Hunting Blind
Ameristep AM-1RX2S010 Doghouse Blind Realtree Xtra Hunting Blind
Offered by DRUID & DRYAD LLC

4.0 out of 5 stars The Dogs Doodahs!, 1 Oct. 2015
I've only given it 4 stars (when really it should be 5!) I wanted to draw attention to something that is missing from this one - but is on the first one we bought several years ago - and thats a fine scrim which velcroed to the main large front opening (there is scrim at the smaller front opening) but our original one has a large piece of scrim across the large opening and this is very important for photographers but maybe not so important for 'shooters'. The rest of the hide is as expected a well made, roomy enough for two people and just the job for wildlife photography work. Some other hides are just material so when the sun shines you can see the person inside really easily both from looking in and their shadow on the sides. This hide being black inside has no such problems and is really excellent. We've had to pay extra to customs as this order was fulfilled from America - I couldn't find any suppliers in Britain - our first one came from a gamefyre shop in Scotland. With so many people buying expensive camera equipment and getting into wildlife photography I reckon British suppliers are missing a trick not stocking this item! Its an excellent well made essential piece of kit - our first one has had many uses and I'm sure this one will too: have a look here for some of our results using it: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pmgi-wildlife-images/with/21660534120/

Ross Poldark: A Novel of Cornwall  1783 - 1787 (Poldark Book 1)
Ross Poldark: A Novel of Cornwall 1783 - 1787 (Poldark Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars ... them all in paperback in the '70's - I enjoyed them then and have enjoyed them even more having ..., 16 Sept. 2015
This is not the first time I have read this series - I had them all in paperback in the '70's - I enjoyed them then and have enjoyed them even more having worked my way through the whole lot over several months this summer ... 2015 is the year my mind lived in Cornwall - the latest dramatisation set me off revisiting the Poldark family - it followed the story as written very closely with the result I wanted to re-live it yet again ....

MOFRED® Black Ultra Slim New Apple iPad Air 2 (Launched Oct. 2014) Leather Case Cover, Full Protection Smart Cover for iPad Air 2 iPad 6th Generation With Magnetic Auto Wake & Sleep Function + Screen Protector + Stylus Pen
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong Size - My Fault!, 16 Sept. 2015
It doesn;t fit my i-pad but I have been offered a return and replacement. The cover itself seems well made and I would have been happy with it if it fitted - and thats probably my fault for not checking which of the interminable i-pad morphs I had bought!!! Since I wrote the foregoing I have returned the incorrect one and after a while received the correct one that I should have ordered in the first place! This second one is good value and fits perfectly! Thank you MOFRED for putting my mistake right for me!

Knife Sharpener, Diamond Grit Pen File, Tool, Scissors, Darts, Fish Hooks
Knife Sharpener, Diamond Grit Pen File, Tool, Scissors, Darts, Fish Hooks
Offered by webcajk

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable Knife Sharpener!, 16 Sept. 2015
I had been looking for another of these for a while (I have one and have to remember to take it on holiday with me - knives are never sharp in holiday cottages!). I was sort of keeping an eye out in various shops and stores but not finding anything like it - then I decided to search Amazon and here it was so I ordered two! This make is better than my original even as this has two sharpening ends, where my old one only has the one useful end - this has the advantage of the half round and flat with a groove and the other end is totally round and to a sharp point, which will sharpen hair cutters as well as knives and scissors. A great little portable tool and far better than the old fashioned knife sharpeners!

Feit Electric New Ultra Bright High Performance LED Torch Flashlight 1000 Lumens
Offered by CRAIGIE ON LINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Like Daylight!, 16 Sept. 2015
This is simply the best torch on the market for size and power - the zoom is a brilliant idea - and the power is like a patch of daylight - just the thing when you are in a dark place - unfortunately I've lost one of the first two purchased - someone will have found and gained a very good torch thanks to me - only having one is no use - so I have bought another two - which now makes three, one at home, one in the car, one at the caravan!

Something Only We Know
Something Only We Know

5.0 out of 5 stars Something we all know!, 16 Sept. 2015
I've never met Kate in person but I kind of know her - we have some things in common - one of which is her astute summing up of relationships particularly family interactions, which is aptly titled as 'something only we know' over a well described story: despite not having a sister myself I understood these people, their doubts, fears, over-protectiveness and jealousies. Another thoughtful insight Kate ... so where will you be taking us next I wonder?!

Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Single)
Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Single)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Scary ....., 16 Sept. 2015
Quite possibly the most psychologically scary book I have read for many many years! I couldnl;t put it down and rushed headlong to the ending which comes so suddenly and stops so violently you're left rocking in place while you consider the implications of it ....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4