Profile for Caroline > Reviews

Angels Fancy Dress Female Deluxe Batgirl Costume, Size Extra Small
Angels Fancy Dress Female Deluxe Batgirl Costume, Size Extra Small
Offered by Mouse2Mat24

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Costume - Great Quality - Great Value, 13 May 2014
I've had similar costumes in the past and found them to be really quite tacky and poorly made. The quality of this was far superior to any other I have ordered and at a great price. I am a size 8 and ordered the extra small as advised in the reviews. Sizing was spot on. Great item, great service. Thankyou.

Stolen Girl - I was an innocent schoolgirl. I was targeted, raped and abused by a gang of sadistic men. But that was just the beginning…this is my terrifying true story

5.0 out of 5 stars Slow starter but an unforgettable read, 24 Feb 2013
This book was very slow to start. It's not until you are about 50% into the book that the pace and story really picks. Prior to this I found the story quite repetitive and almost gave up. That said, I'm glad I stuck with it as the second half was shock and horror page after page.

Katie's story is harrowing and I was so relieved that she found the courage to share her story with the school counsellor. Both naieve and streetwise, I did find myself questioning and trying to understand the choices she made for a little love and affection. Nonetheless, that is no excuse for the horrific behavior of those that abused her - in my opinion they got away quite lightly for all they had put her through!

A must read though a scary read, especially if you are the mother of a young teenage daughter.

Gangsters, Guns & Me - Now I'm in Eastenders, but once I was on the run. This is my true story

5.0 out of 5 stars A GOOD READ, 13 Jan 2013
I couldn't put this book down, a very interesting read, though I'm sure only the surface was touched.

The surface provided an insight not only into Jamie's life, predominently the first 24 years, but also into the world of our gangland bosses and the impacts on their families. Whilst they provide well for their families, they were/are I felt, really quite selfish.

I have to be honest, until I read the reviews on this book prior to purchasing, I had never heard of Jamie's father, Freddie Foreman, and therefore surprised to read how prolific he was/is in the underworld. Good friends with the Krays, he is alledged to have disposed of Jack the Hat's body which resulted in a 10 year sentence at her majesty's pleasure.

The book has stirred my interest in the London gangland underworld and left me searching similar literature.

My only criticism.....I felt the ending, Jamie's return to England after being on the run, was a little rushed. I would have liked the story of his life to continue through to present day, nonetheless, I am hoping this leaves the door open for a "part 2".

I enjoyed the Film of the Krays and think Jamie's story would make an equally interesting movie.

Cast No Stones
Cast No Stones

5.0 out of 5 stars A REALLY GOOD EASY READ, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: Cast No Stones (Kindle Edition)
A thoroughly enjoyable easy read that takes you on Kevin's journey through life and it's challenges as the illegitmate child of a GI during the second world war to present day.

I experienced a number of emotions reading this book from tears to laughter. It also reinforced my acknowledgement of how society has changed from the forties to date.

Kevin's experiences as an illegitimate child in the slums of Manchester were at times really quite heartbreaking. His mother so selfish from the very early days of his life right up to him finally meeting his father.

I'm so glad you never gave up and faced into the challenges of finding your biological father Kevin and thankyou for sharing your story with us.

Slave Girl - I Was an Ordinary British Girl. I Was Kidnapped and Sold into Sex Slavery. This is My Horrific True Story

5.0 out of 5 stars Shocking!, 15 May 2012
A terribly shocking read that could lead to nightmares. I guess subconsciously we are aware this happens, though the book really brings the reality to life. A horrifying read that just encouraged the pages to keep turning.

What a brave young lady to survive such a terrible ordeal.

I ensured to inform my daughter of the same age to never ever apply for a position posted in a national newspaper.

The Midwife's Confession
The Midwife's Confession

5.0 out of 5 stars A thrilling and exciting read, 15 May 2012
What a thrilling and exciting read. I was hooked from page one and couldn't put down. The washing, ironing, cooking etc etc all had to take second place when reading this novel.

So many twists and turns, some which I figured though not until progressing further and others I hadn't imagined the outcome.

I became attached to all of the characters, each with their own character and issues.

An absolute must read, though ensure all of the chores are completed before settling down!

Better Days will Come
Better Days will Come

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 8 May 2012
After reading Pam's first novel, there's always tomorrow, I couldn't wait to read her second and I certainly wasn't disappointed, enjoying this even more so.
An exciting and often anxious page turner full of twists and turns that give a real insight into life in the 1940s.
Fans of Lynda Page, Maureen Lee and Anne Bennett will aboslutely love this book.
Now hoping I won't have to wait too long until Pam's third novel.

Me Before You
Me Before You

5.0 out of 5 stars The best love story I have ever read, 15 April 2012
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
Wow, I have just finished reading this beautiful piece of literature and I'm still wiping away the tears now.

I was hooked from the first paragraph of the prologue, not able to put this book down, always willing the end to find my happy ever after though at the same time not wanting the story to end.

This is the first time I have read a piece of literature written by Jojo and it certainly will not be the last!

Whilst sadly the happy ever after I was hoping for was denied, my thoughts were seriously provoked on such an emotive subject.

Thank you Jojo for a thoughroughly enjoyable read, even if you did reduce me to tears.

The Girl Nobody Wants: A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland
The Girl Nobody Wants: A Shocking True Story of Child Abuse in Ireland

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolutely shocking read that you won't be able to put down, 21 Jan 2012
From the first page to the end, my heart went out to Lily and her "baby" brother Simon who never had a childhood. Thank goodness she found Tony who has been an absolute rock to her and without him and her children, she probably would have met the same fate as those she lived with in the "institution" and Simon.
This covers her life from the first sexual abuse right up to the present day. When living with her mother she was abused by her stepfather and brother in law. Her mother......she knew everything that was happening and turned a blind eye to it all. As a mother myself, it beggars belief.
When her mother decided she no longer wanted her and her brother and sister around, she packed them off to their father in Ireland. Surely her life could get better. No, her father was never around, instead choosing to live in the pub. As a result of their neglect, all three were sent to the institution where they spent the remainder of their childhood in apalling conditions and their experiences were shocking, be it from their treatment by the nuns, to their living conditions to the experiences when sent away for a holiday with other families, every page offers another beggars belief moment. Whilst an upsetting read, you are willing the end of the book in the hope that Lily has found true happiness. Sadly, as a result of her terribly sad life, the happy ever after I was hoping for did not arrive, though she has three children she loves dearly and a partner who to be honest deserves a medal for supporting her and not giving up on her.
Don't give up Lily! One day, hopefully you will be able to close all of the doors on your demons and enjoy the remainder of your life happy and peacefully with Tony.