Profile for Jason > Reviews

Content by Jason

Jason

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line (Unofficial Guides (Keen))
Unofficial Guide to the Disney Cruise Line (Unofficial Guides (Keen))
by Testa

3.0 out of 5 stars A Bit Disappointed!, 12 Jun 2014
I bought this book as we have booked a 7 night cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Unfortunately, this book covers all the ships. However, you cannot simply skip the bits that aren't for your ship, for some facilities that are similar on more3 than one ship, it will say "See Disney Wonder, page 186" etc, making it a very hard book to navigate.

The thing I was most disappointed about though was the lack of excursion information, which is one of the main reasons I bought the book. There are a couple of pages on Castaway Cay, and a couple (literally) on a few picks from various itineraries, none of which covered the ports I will be visiting. It's quite an expensive book for what it is..it's thinner than I expected. If you are expecting something similar to the WDW Unofficial guides, you will be bitterly disappointed.

That said, the information that is included is very detailed and informative - I just wish there was more of it!

You, Me and Diversity: Picturebooks for teaching development and intercultural education
by Anne M. Dolan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 12 May 2014
As a primary geography subject specialist about to conduct research into the use of picturebooks within the teaching of geography, I couldn't have asked for a more perfect book. Aside from the price (which is the norm for professional text books such as this), I love everything about the book, and it is a must for any teacher that uses picturebooks in the classroom, whether for geography or otherwise.

The book considers the types of picturebooks that work best in the classroom, and discusses how they can be used to develop a respectful and culturally diverse classroom environment. It also talks about how children can use picturebooks to enhance and extend their understanding of the world we live in.

A great read for any primary teacher.

More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland
More Mouse Tales: A Closer Peek Backstage at Disneyland
by David Koenig

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 May 2014
I was hesitant about buying this after the several poor reviews, however, I'm glad to say I don't regret it! This isn't the kind of book you'll love if you just want some fun Disney trivia, but is a must if you're into the behind the scenes park operation side of things. Yes, many of the quotes and stories from cast members are negative, but that doesn't make them any less entertaining to read. A great book that I thoroughly enjoyed reading.

Mouse Tales: A Behind-The-Ears Look at Disneyland
Mouse Tales: A Behind-The-Ears Look at Disneyland
by David Koenig

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 12 May 2014
This is a must for any Disney parks enthusiast. I have never visited Disneyland (a frequent visitor to Walt Disney World, though!) but I was still able to thoroughly enjoy all aspects of this book. I have my doubts about how true some of the stories are, but whether they are true or not, they are very entertaining and make you feel like you're backstage with the cast members!

Amber Earns Her Ears: My Secret Walt Disney World Cast Member Diary
Amber Earns Her Ears: My Secret Walt Disney World Cast Member Diary
by Amber Michelle Sewell

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I was expecting, 12 May 2014
If you are wanting to gain an insight into the Disney College Programs (the American college program, not the ICP/AEP) and the now-defunct CareerStart program, this book may be a good place to start. For the most part, it is clear that the text has more or less been transferred straight from an online blog - they chapter titles aren't particularly imaginative, and most are only four or so sides long. It also takes a sudden change of format half way through, and goes from a recount in part one, to present tense in part two, which is a shame - I think the book would have flowed better if it had been kept the same throughout, with a bit more detail in the chapters.
That said, it's a great read - you can really identify with Amber (even if you haven't participated in a Disney program!) and the writing enables you to feel her happy moments and her sad moments along with her.

Earphones with Remote & Mic
Earphones with Remote & Mic
Offered by giZmoZ n gadgetZ LTD (VAT Registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful., 12 May 2014
These headphones aren't amazing compared to a lot of more expensive brands, but for £1.19, they are flipping marvellous value. I can take them wherever without worrying about damaging them. They look just the same as official Apple headphones. Yes, they feel a little plasticy and the remote makes a loud clicking noise when used, but the sound is great, which is what matters. For just over £1, there is nothing to complain about.

KiwiBird® NEW 5-in-1 OTG Card Reader/ 8 PIN Digital Camera Connection Kit with 130 MM Convenient Cable for Apple iPad 4/5/Air/mini/mini 2 with Retina display | Supports Micro SD(TF)/ SDHC/ MS DUO (SONY)/ MMC/ M2 Card | Supports MPEG-4/H.264 videos and JPEG/RAW pictures - Fully compatible with iOS 7
Offered by KiwiBird Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 April 2014
I'm always a bit wary about buying things like this when they aren't made by Apple, but I didn't need to be with this. I recently bought an iPad mini with retina display to replace my somewhat clunky first generation iPad, and so had to replace the photo connected. The previous connector had a lot of issues (not from this company!) so I was a bit hesitant about buying another one. I'm so glad I made the decision to pay a bit more and go with this company/product instead, as the adapter is fab. It doesn't look cheap, and looks well made, and it worked first time when plugging it into my iPad.

The one little niggle is that it's a bit 'tight'....in that it had to be pushed hard to go into the iPad, and I was a bit worried it would cause a bit of damage, and the same goes for the SD card slot - it's slightly tight so I was worried about damaging the card! That said, no damage has been caused, and all has worked perfectly.

Thanks for a great product!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 1, 2014 1:19 PM BST

Anker® Ultra Slim Synthetic leather Case for Apple New iPad Mini / iPad Mini 2 - Multi Angle Stand - Smart Cover - Automatic Sleep / Wake function (Blue)
Offered by AnkerDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with a flew flaws!, 1 April 2014
I read so many positive reviews for this case, and was really looking forward to receiving it for my iPad mini with retina display. Firstly, the case looks smart, and the fake leather feels and looks good. The iPad fits snugly into the plastic holder, and shows no sign of wanting to fall out, and the camera and microphones are all still able to fully function with appropriate case cutouts. The sleep/wake function is also a great feature.

However, there are a few things I am disappointed about - firstly, and most importantly, the case is advertised has being able to act as a stand at any angle, without being restricted to a selected amount like some other cases. However, If the iPad is propped up more than half way towards the edge, it slides down and falls and will not stay upright, meaning that the only way for the iPad to stand properly is to have it at a steep angle, which is absolutely useless for typing and anything else that involves touching the screen (everything!) although it would be good for watching films. The iPad still needs to lie flat on the table/surface to be able to be used for typing, which is a real shame.

Also, the plastic cover doesn't cover the top of the iPad, along the edge with the start button. The whole edge is left open to scratches/damage, which really lets the case down, as I had wanted to be able to stick it in a bag and carry it around, but I'll be a bit wary of scratches etc now, which is a shame.

Overall, it is a great case for an excellent price, but there are a couple of things that really let it down. Still one of the better offerings in the "value" price range though, I would say!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 3:56 AM BST

NUDE DELUXE WIG CAP UNISEX ***NEW*** SKIN
NUDE DELUXE WIG CAP UNISEX ***NEW*** SKIN
Offered by hairnbeautyshop

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good., 28 Nov 2013
It serves its purpose, but when it's far enough back on my head to be completely covered by the wig, it starts slipping backwards and feels like it's about to ping off. It definitely needs hair grips to hold it on.

Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Express 4
Apple Pro Training Series: Final Cut Express 4
by Diana Weynand

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book!, 27 Oct 2013
We had just bought final cut express for our mac, and needed a how to guide to be able to get started. it is great for looking up information. but is quite technical, so is no good for a "read cover to cover" moment to get the gist of how the software works.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4