Profile for Gill > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
World Without End
World Without End

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this book, 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: World Without End (Kindle Edition)
I am not usually a big Ken Follett fan but I have to say I really enjoyed this book, like and now will probably buy other books by this author.

Bizzybee Satin Touch Rubber Gloves Medium (Pack of 6)
Bizzybee Satin Touch Rubber Gloves Medium (Pack of 6)

3.0 out of 5 stars gloves, 26 Mar. 2013
Having sensitive skin I need gloves that will not irritate and these gloves were very good in that respect. However, they are not very hard wearing and unfortunately the first pair have split after a short period of time. I shall continue to use them as the lack of irritation is a bonus for me and also the fact that the medium size fit my hands. I have quite small hands and most gloves are too big.

The Jerusalem Puzzle
The Jerusalem Puzzle

4.0 out of 5 stars Adventure, 21 Feb. 2013
Quite enjoyed this book, fast paced a very good adventure novel. Quite violent in places but in keeping withthe storyline.

Elegy for a Queen
Elegy for a Queen

1.0 out of 5 stars Sample, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Elegy for a Queen (Kindle Edition)
Downloaded this book as a sample. Did not get on with the sample so I did not bother to download the full book.

Redwood BB-BF200 Wild Bird Feeding Station
Redwood BB-BF200 Wild Bird Feeding Station

4.0 out of 5 stars Birds love it., 21 Feb. 2013
Station was easy to put together and place in the garden. Am loving watching the birds use the station.
Arrived quite quickly considering the weather. It did arrive with a crack in the plastic of the water tray, but as it does not leak we saw no point in returning it.

Yankee Candle 12-Piece Tea Light Candles, Midnight Jasmine
Yankee Candle 12-Piece Tea Light Candles, Midnight Jasmine
Offered by Casa Candles

3.0 out of 5 stars Candles, 2 Feb. 2013
I found that the smell was very weak and the lights did not last very long. I expected more from this product.

Bloodstone (A Brother Athelstan Medieval Mystery Book 11)
Bloodstone (A Brother Athelstan Medieval Mystery Book 11)

5.0 out of 5 stars first class, 8 Nov. 2012
First class as usual. Loved this book, could not put it down until I had read it to the end, then was sorry I had finished the book so quickly. It is definitly one of the many Athelstan books I have that will be read over again.
Definitely worth waiting for and I really hope there will another one very soon.

The Man in the Moss
The Man in the Moss
by Phil Rickman

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing ending, 27 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Man in the Moss (Hardcover)
I have read many books written by Phil Rickman and enjoyed most of them. I was looking forward to reading this book and it was all I was expecting and more however, I was really disappointed by the ending. Maybe it's just me because all the other reviews do not mention this, but I was really put out that it ended so abruptly and left me hanging not knowing what had happened to all the characters for whom I had developed a strong liking (yes I know it's only fiction)however not knowing spoiled the book for me.
Comment Comments (14) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 10, 2012 5:15 PM BST

The Ghost Orchid
The Ghost Orchid
by Carol Goodman
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ghost Orchid, 26 July 2010
Found this book to be slow going at first but it soon picked up. A very atmospheric and chilling tale.

Page: 1 | 2