Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for Mr. S. Cartier > Reviews

Content by Mr. S. Cartier

Mr. S. Cartier "Hermitage" (Tadworth, Surrey, England)

Page: 1 | 2
Develop Jedi Self-Confidence: Unleash the Force within You
Develop Jedi Self-Confidence: Unleash the Force within You

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me an instant fan, 19 Jan. 2012
just wanted to share my enthusiasm for this book. As soon as I saw this I rushed to get hold of a copy as soon as possible, and I was not dissapointed at what I read. I just love how he has managed to capture his quirkiness and cheekiness within this book, as he certainly strikes me as being an unconventional maverick. How he differs from others is because the fundamental basis of this confidence book is that this has all of the details and shows you how to get back on a positive track. The Jedi connotation works really well, something most can associate with and even if not then this book still works really well.

How To Be Smart With Your Time: Expert Advice from the Star of Dragons' Den
How To Be Smart With Your Time: Expert Advice from the Star of Dragons' Den
by Duncan Bannatyne

5.0 out of 5 stars Look at his insights, not the guidance, 19 Jan. 2012
Anyone looking at the review by "Calvert" may come away thinking that what is in this book is old hat, but not if you are a disorganised person! Many of us run around like headless chickens, we need a structure to our lives and this is where this books pays huge dividends. Anyone coming away from this and not having gained anything would be right to point this out, but I feel that is as likely as snow falling in the Sahara desert! Sorry for gushing with excitement, but it is his insights that really make this book so interesting and informative. Here we have a British subject with advice for us, and not some Yank talking down to us and telling us how many books he's sold or how many other things he wants us to be interested in, none of this applies to Bannatyne! We have here on our own doorstep a man with great business acumen and not to take advantage of that would be commercial suicide! I do like some of the Yankie books, but I do prefer home grown advice, as it applies to us, so why knock it? The bottom line is, if you want to get ahead then get this book.

The Cosmic Ordering Wish Book 2010
The Cosmic Ordering Wish Book 2010
by Barbel Mohr

5.0 out of 5 stars Manifesting dreams, 13 Jan. 2012
I know this book is out of print, but after previewing the content I was curious to see more so I picked one up for next to nothing on the internet. Actually this is a great way of reinforcing a belief, a way of adding leverage to the intent behind a comic order. Admittedly, some of the book is irrelevant but also a lot of what is behind the concept makes sense. Putting the astrology and comments from past readers to one side, it is the act of mixing both action and affirmation that seems to work here, and I like it. What better way to write things down in a book to exert positive energy over them.

Matrix Reimprinting using EFT: Rewrite Your Past, Transform Your Future
Matrix Reimprinting using EFT: Rewrite Your Past, Transform Your Future
by Karl Dawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Clears emotional baggage, 13 Jan. 2012
For anyone seeking a way to clear emotional baggage before setting off on the wealth / health road then this is the ideal book to start with. Although EFT has its roots in Chinese medicine, acupuncture, it is in fact for emotional clearing. This is emotional acupuncture, having been developed from the Seventies to the present day it has come on in leaps and bounds, but the Chinese really have to be given some credit for this, as well as Australian psychiatrist John Diamond and American psychologist Dr Roger Callahan. A well written book and highly recommended.

The 21 Golden Rules for Cosmic Ordering
The 21 Golden Rules for Cosmic Ordering
by Barbel Mohr

3.0 out of 5 stars Needed a further level, 13 Jan. 2012
I think the review by L. Mateus "lolakaycee" defines, in essence, what this book is missing: "Affirmations, visualisations etc... ONLY work if your subsconcious (sic) mind is in complete congruence with what you're trying to manifest. No amount of affirmations will trump your subconscious belief that you are poor and therefore not worth the money. So all these silly books are unrealistic as they gloss over the most important part about manifesting: you need to clear the cobwebs before you can make the magic happen."

As it is, the author seems to have put the cart before the horse! If the author had of put the horse before cart then this could have been a resounding success. In fact the author did not have a horse to put before the cart, as there is / are no instruction /s for clearing those "cobwebs" of negativity. As L. Mateus "lolakaycee" points out, "No amount of affirmations will trump your subconscious belief that you are poor and therefore not worth the money."

Many of these books offer a way out, but unless the way is clearly defined then you will remain in the maze. I did though like the way the author didn't just let the reader have an easy time, she made them work a little and pen was needed to be put to paper, perhaps this was off putting for some, but that looked to be the way forward but, sadly, the book did not go into what was really required on a basic level.

What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography
What You See Is What You Get: My Autobiography
by Alan Sugar

5.0 out of 5 stars The real Arthur Daley, 13 Jan. 2012
Before I start the review, I just wonder why so many of the reviewers for the book Enter the Dragonby Theo Pahitis go on and slat the football section in the book, yet Alan Sugar seems to escape this negativity?

For me, this book by Alan Sugar is inspirational. I found his rise and further rise to success to be a story that could work for just about anyone, although I suspect like most from his background would secure success more than those born into it if you follow my meaning. I would have liked to have seen more in this about his family life, albeit this is more about the emotional side of things and his stand for what he believes in, and why not! Would his Lordship consider some more in-depth self-help books? As I find his way of putting things across to be quite enjoyable.

Enter the Dragon
Enter the Dragon
by Theo Paphitis

4.0 out of 5 stars Read and learn, 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Enter the Dragon (Paperback)
Putting the gripes about the football section to one side, this is Theo's story so he has the say about how it's written. Okay, it skips about a bit, but isn't that what happens when someone is talking about their life? Alright, perhaps the ghost-writer could have spent a bit more time putting things in order (or maybe Theo was the writer), but all in all this is an entertaining read. Imagine a millionaire telling you about how it happened for him, this is it!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2014 8:32 PM BST

Wake Up and Change Your Life
Wake Up and Change Your Life
by Duncan Bannatyne

5.0 out of 5 stars refreshing, 28 Sept. 2011
After reading Duncan's "Anyone Can Do It: My Story" I was keen to see what else he could offer, I was so pleased with this and coming from an ex-ice cream man made it even more poignant. His is the typical rags to riches story which in itself is typical of how hard work can get you to the top. The information Duncan imparts here is wholesome and just as refreshing as an ice cream on a hot day!

Getting into the Vortex Guided Meditations: Guided Meditations Audio and User Guide(Includes Audio download code) (Vortex of Attraction)
by Esther Hicks

5.0 out of 5 stars abundant, 28 Sept. 2011
Like some other reviewers I haven't got round to the book yet as the CD is, for me, the main item and I use the abundance meditation weekly. This is a powerful resource for anyone seeking to manifest a better life.

The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
The Power of Now: A Guide to Spiritual Enlightenment
by Eckhart Tolle

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't heal my past, 10 July 2011
I was looking for a way to heal my past and thought this may be the way forward. All what I got was "forget about your past". I guess this has taught me a lesson, and that is just because a book has a lot of five star reviews does not make it the be all and end all of self-help. It would seem to me that the author has a self-centred intinct and is devoid of feeling for others. Sorry!

Page: 1 | 2