Profile for Miss C. L. Holmes > Reviews

Content by Miss C. L. Holmes

Miss C. L. Holmes (sheffield, uk)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Slim in 6 Workout DVD Programme: Six Week Slim Training Body Reshaping Workout DVD Programme
Offered by Beachbody

5.0 out of 5 stars This dvd has already saved my life one week in!, 15 Jun. 2016
It's only been one week but I can see why so many people stand by this workout.
So a few years ago I lost 2 stone following Jillian Micheals workout dvd's ( I own many). I got to my goal weight and was the happiest I had ever been. Fast forward a few years I had my first and only son who was born at a staggering 10lb 9. I suffered greatly during pregnancy with a shifted pelvis and ended up hospitalised from 21 weeks till 2 weeks past my due date. I received birth injuries that left me with incontinence and my right hip received a fracture. After my son was born I have been back and forth to the hospital for treatment for incontinence and pgp. I have been gaining more and more weight as my Jillian dvd's we're just causing me a lot more injury and I am unable to end maternity leave so I am literally house bound with excruciating pain most days. The final straw was when my physio told me my weight was adding pressure onto my hip and someone on the bus asked me when the baby was due. I was mortified by both sets of events. I went home and cried. Couldn't sleep because I was at my wits end as I had always been lower than a size 12 all my life even before I lost 2 stone before my son. I felt disgusted with myself to the point I have no pictures of me with my son on view in my house and I do not let anyone else take my picture. Anyway, that night that I couldn't sleep I laid on the sofa just staring at the tv when the commercial for Slim in 6 came on. At first I was thinking "Oh look another workout ad! Like that will help!" It actually made me feel worse at first and I stopped paying attention till one lady spoke about her experience. She explained feeling the same way I did down to a T. I started to pay more attention and she was saying how the workout regime has changed her life. I actually sat up when she said this so fast I almost fell off the sofa. I then grabbed my laptop and started to browse other reviews from people in blogs, on youtube and random forums. I started to worry that this workout could be too much for me and I would just give up again because of the pain in my hips and the added incontinence.
I ordered the set off amazon and waited impatiently for it but it came early which saved the dread getting worse. I immediately tested all disks as others said the disks didn't work. Every single one works fine for me. The next day I got up, put my workout clothes on and got to it. Within a few minutes I wanted to cry. It killed my arms. I found I couldn't lift them no matter how much I willed them to. I let my arms rest but kept my legs moving then added my arms when I felt them able to move again. my abs killed to the point I wanted to vomit. The squats we're hard to get into but they didn't hurt my hip when I used proper form. I couldn't finish each set and by the end when I stopped I was shaking but my partner praised me and said he had never seen me work so hard at something the whole time he has known me.
The next day I hurt. I kept putting off the workout all day till it got to 7pm and I remembered why I was doing this...for my self esteem and my hip. I knew the depression was making me want to quit not the pain in my arms and thighs. I got up and did it again and struggled all the way through but I did it.
Fast forward a week...
Yes it is still hard but I have had no trouble with my hips, it hasn't made problems wit my incontinence and already I have lost 1/2 inch off my arms each, my waist and my thighs each. My chest has even lost 1/2 inch also. I don't look any different yet but I feel different. I can now complete the workout without stopping even when the workout gets so hard I have to swear at the tv to get through it. The pain in my hip from pgp and the old fracture is slowly easing up too. It is helping already in so many ways and I am not even following the eating plan. That part will have to wait as I am already tackling so much as it is with just the workout. I have always been dubious about beach body workouts thinking they may be too much money for what you get but now my mind is changed. My physio today even complimented the strength coming back into my legs and hips.
It has only been a week but I can not wait to continue this dvd set and see what happens by the end. I doubt I will lose the whole four stone I gained through being unwell but as long as I get to a size 12uk eventually, I am not bothered because this is helping with my health problems and I never thought my health would ever improve with being unable to complete my usual workouts. My depression is slowly going away also. I have been on meds since I became unwell and have found before I still felt down daily, since starting this workout I actually smile all day every day and I am more positive.
So if you are like how I was just a week ago and want a way to get up and change your life...this workout is the one!
Thanks again Beach Body you are my life saver. I shall update again with final results measurements and lb's lost.

Summer Infant Grow with Me Single Bedrail (White)
Summer Infant Grow with Me Single Bedrail (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to put up, 15 April 2016
Easy to put up. Didn't struggle at all. Great product. Hasn't been used yet as only just set it up but shall update if there is any problems. Product seems sturdier than other versions as the hook underneath reaches the other side of the mattress to avoid the guard being pushed out. Set up for my 20 month old as he has been managing to climb out the cot so for safety's sake we decided it was time after a fall last week that ended in the hospital. Really good quality from what I can see so far.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Transparent
Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder - Transparent

5.0 out of 5 stars Used this item for a while now. Use it ..., 9 April 2016
Used this item for a while now. Use it to set my foundation with a light dusting and to create a matte effect. I suffer with medium to moderate acne with greasy skin and this helps everything in place well.

Melissa & Doug 13954 Felt Food Sandwich Set
Melissa & Doug 13954 Felt Food Sandwich Set

5.0 out of 5 stars My son is 19 months almost. He kept trying ..., 15 Mar. 2016
My son is 19 months almost. He kept trying to play with cousins food toys but I had to remove them from him because they wasn't really safe for his age. After looking on Amazon I found this. He loves it. Pretends to eat and builds some outrageous sandwich combinations. He even made the sky repair man a blt :) Well worth the money.

Dresskode® Womens Ladies Stretch Faded Ripped Slim Fit Skinny Denim Jeans UK ...
Offered by Dresskode

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Mar. 2016
Perfect fit, they are stretchy as described. Very happy. Look nicer in person.

Zeta Citi Stroller Buggy Pushchair - Black
Zeta Citi Stroller Buggy Pushchair - Black
Offered by Baby Travel Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, holds together fine so far (will update if ..., 3 Mar. 2016
Perfect, holds together fine so far (will update if it happens to fall apart any time soon). My 18 month old son who is big for his age is comfy in it so all is good.

OAKDEN 5 PCS OAK DINING TABLE AND 4 x BLACK FAUX LEATHER HIGH BACK CHAIR SET WOOD
Offered by SonicOnline

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy, easy to put together and looks really nice, 3 Mar. 2016
Sturdy, easy to put together and looks really nice. My 18 month old likes to break tables and so far this one doesn't even wobble with he kicks it while eating. I can tell this one will last a long time.

LADIES WOMENS FUR OVERSIZED HOOD FISHTAIL PARKA MILITARY JACKET BLACK SIZE 14
LADIES WOMENS FUR OVERSIZED HOOD FISHTAIL PARKA MILITARY JACKET BLACK SIZE 14

5.0 out of 5 stars This coat is really nice quality. It's black on the inside in case ..., 3 Mar. 2016
This coat is really nice quality. It's black on the inside in case anyone wants to know as others have claimed it is orange and it's not on mine anyway. I would have willingly paid more it is that nice and good quality. Warm too.

La Isla Women's High Impact Front Zipper Sports Bra(One Cup Size Runs Small) Black 36 DD
Offered by La Isla

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and good for all workouts., 2 Mar. 2016
Got two of these. Both came at different times but within perfect time. They fit perfectly and are so comfortable. When I first tried one on I thought they was too small. Once I fastened them up they fit perfectly, don't dig in and make my bust look better than my bra's do. I have actually worn them not only for working out but also under normal clothing items they are that comfortable. I do a lot of circuit training with strength, cardio and abs daily. These sports bra's hold me in place perfectly. Better than any sports bra I have ever used. I will be buying more as two will do for now while I lose baby weight from my previous pregnancy. I have used many sports bra's in my time as I compete in kick boxing and do a lot of dance to keep fit. These will be so much better for when I start to train and compete again. May be my new look for competition as they look really nice on too.

HIMRY Comfort Wrist Gel Rest Support Mat Mouse Mice Pad, with Gel filled wrist support, Wrist Rest, KXC5100 bluecat
Offered by kxshop

5.0 out of 5 stars I was surprised at how good quality the mouse mat is, 2 Mar. 2016
I was surprised at how good quality the mouse mat is. Came fast, well packaged and works well for purpose.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6