Profile for M. A. Fraser > Reviews

Content by M. A. Fraser

M. A. Fraser (Highlands, Scotland)

The Telegraph
The Telegraph
Price: 0.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't seem to find any way to cancel this subscription., 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Telegraph (App)
Too many pictures of Royals on front page. 75% of issues.
Cropped football league tables, image doesn't show top and bottom clubs.
Often blocky or incomplete pictures.
Not enough font size variation.
Seemingly impossible to cancel, so I'm condemned to keep paying for something I don't like.

Beethoven: The Best Complete Piano Sonatas Collection (Remastered Version)
Beethoven: The Best Complete Piano Sonatas Collection (Remastered Version)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best interpretations of Beethoven's Sonatas, 3 Dec 2013
Frankly, some of these bargain budget issues are of questionable recording and performance quality made by little-known musicians in faraway countries. However, this is a rare exception - a critically acclaimed set, and a favourite of many music fans. Beethoven's Piano Sonatas (complete in this edition) is a compelling musical world, a cornerstone of classical music, and who better to guide you than the great maestro Wilhelm Kempff.

I'm one of those vinyl buffs and I'm lucky enough to have the LP box set of this, which I play regularly. Although recorded in the 50s and in mono, it is sounds beautiful and is a delight to listen to on a good hi-fi system. However such a set-up is rather cumbersome for taking on my holidays, so I was delighted to find I could now download this set for just a few quid. Now I have this treasured music with me on my Kindle, and I'm very happy.

Casio AW-80V-3BVEF Mens Combi Cloth Strap Watch
Casio AW-80V-3BVEF Mens Combi Cloth Strap Watch
Offered by Premier Watches UK
Price: 20.76

3.0 out of 5 stars Overly complicated, but okay simply as a watch, 6 Sep 2013
The digital functions are too complicated - the features seem to belong to a different era. I've pretty much given up trying to reset the date, and be sure to allow plenty of time pressing a button if you need to adjust the time. As a casual watch it's okay and will do the job.