Profile for pimpinslacker > Reviews

Office Space
Office Space
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Album For Fans Of The Movie!, 26 July 2005
This review is from: Office Space (Audio CD)
*note: this review might contain some spoilers of the film*
This album contains all the music featured in the great movie Office Space. Most of the tracks featured are hip-hop, and to those of you who have seen the film and liked it, I would recommend buying this soundtrack. Being more of a metal/rock fan, I'm not sure whether the music would appeal to the gangstas out there who listen to what is known as black rap.
"Shove This Jay-Oh-Bee" will be recognized by those who have seen the film from the credits. The lyrics relate more or less directly to the events in the film, and the tune is quite happy and certainly makes you nod your head in rhythm or even dance a bit in your chair (or where ever you happen to listen to it).
"Down For Whatever" introduces you to a much more mysterious and dark beat - a typical Ice Cube piece overall. To those who have seen the film, once again, it is the tune that plays when Peter & co. copy the virus into Initech's mainframe.
"Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta" is a very relaxing tune and a good song to simply "chill out" to. The melody is both happy and somewhat deep.
"No Tears" is the song Michael rapped in the very beginning of the film while stuck in traffic, and is much more typical to the hip-hop genre. Lyrics talk of pistols, homies, etc. Good for exactly that situation. Nice tune but not too emotional one way or the other.
"Still" marked the last minutes of the poor printer in the movie. It is definitely a great rap track with good rhythm and quite mysterious but at the same time pumps a bit of anger.
Both tracks by Perez Prado are great for easy listening to those of you who enjoy jazz (sorry if I got the genre wrong - like I said, I listen to other types of music). They remind of the movie as much as the other tracks and are a great easy-listen otherwise.
Overall, this is a quite good compilation of music. Seeing that Office Space is a very original movie in the sea of endless shooting and explosions and some guy having to save the world from some evil scientist or power and falling in love with some girl in the process of it, I would support the creators by buying both the film and this soundtrack.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 13, 2013 10:42 PM BST

Heavy Metal 2000
Heavy Metal 2000

4.0 out of 5 stars Great soundtrack of a great movie!, 13 Mar 2004
This review is from: Heavy Metal 2000 (Audio CD)
This soundtrack has something for most metal fans out there, not only Heavy Metal 2000 fans but just fans of metal music. The movie has its fans and its haters, but for those of you who enjoyed it, I can only recommend the soundtrack as well. It has all the excellent songs from the movie, like "Missing Time", heard when Julie and Jermane St. Jermane (is that how you spell it?) are traveling through space to the space station where Tyler is supposed to be. Or my personal favourite, "Immortally insane", that gives the attack on Eden excellent atmosphere. Most of the tracks on this CD really are great, and those of you who saw Heavy Metal 2000 will remember some of its scenes when you listen to them.
Some tracks on the CD I must admit I never heard in the movie, like "Dirt Ball", but that might just be me of course, I didn't really listen THAT exactly for one and also didn't quite finish watching the credits at the end, maybe it was played then. Also, in my opinion, a soundtrack for a heavy metal movie should be entirely made of, well, heavy metal, and this one isn't, even some of the metal tracks aren't really that heavy, although they sound good nonetheless. So one star penalty for that.
All in all, this is almost a must-have for fans of the movie, and a maybe-must-have for all others who like metal.

Futurama - Season 4 [DVD]
Futurama - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy West

5.0 out of 5 stars Futurama is the best thing that happened to TV, 20 Oct 2003
This review is from: Futurama - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
Words alone cannot describe my liking of Futurama. But I'll try. Well, it's the best cartoon and in fact the best TV show I've ever seen, both the jokes and Matt Groening's drawing style and 3D animations are great. Simply great. I already have the first three seasons on DVD, and I will certainly complete my collection with this set. I hate that Futurama got canceled with all my spirit.
I'm afraid I've only seen a few episodes from season 4, because here they only air in german. I hate the german translations, they're lame. But I'm sure they're up to Futurama's standards, and those are high, oh my yes. I read some graphic guides, and the jokes listed there were awesome. Every single episode I've seen so far had me laughing on the floor. It's only too bad that this will be the last we see of Futurama on DVD...
Caution: product might and will cause histerical laughing fits. Watch over an extended period of time, not like I did (all in one night).

Futurama - Season 3 [DVD]
Futurama - Season 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy West

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Best entertainment there is for money!, 19 Aug 2003
This review is from: Futurama - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
The only thing I can say, being a die-hard Futurama fan, is "OH DEAR ZOMBIE JESUS". The whole series is just too good to miss, especially if you're into more inappropriate jokes or jokes about "things that one does not talk about". I'm writing this review for the Season 3 DVD set but it actually applies to all of them. The whole series is just filled with jokes that had me rolling on the floor with laughter. AND there's more: Futurama is a parody. A parody of science fiction most of all, though, like Matt Groening said, sci-fi gets parodied AND honored in Futurama at the same time, and the show is also filled with lots of short moments that make fun of this and that. A large number of episodes (for example "A flight to remember", though this one's in the first DVD set) parody famous movies -- in this case Titanic. Oh and there are hundreds of hidden jokes, like messages encrypted in alien languages or a funny message that is seen only for a fraction of a second somewhere. Well, all of this makes Futurama even more exciting. I own all the DVDs so far released and I've watched every single episode at least 5, some even up to 20 times -- and I just never get tired of it. Just so you know I usually get tired of movies and games after I've watched/played them once. I even started my own fansite though I'm very sad the show got cancelled. I hope another network takes over the production of Futurama.