Profile for R. T. > Reviews

Content by R. T.

R. T. (North Yorkshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Kyle XY - Season 2 - Revelations
Kyle XY - Season 2 - Revelations
Dvd ~ Matt Dallas
Offered by TVserieshop

1.0 out of 5 stars INCOMPLETE RIP OFF, 6 Jun. 2016
Seller rip off... NOT the complete season 2, only up to episode 13 of season two's twenty three episodes. Disgusting.

Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
Offered by EVERGAME

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh how the mighty have fallen., 16 Mar. 2016
Oh how the mighty have fallen. Speaking only of the CAMPAIGN, for me, this game is such a wasted opportunity. I hope someone gets sacked over it. Too boring to compete; the team element is rubbish; no sense of mystery.

Far Cry Primal (Xbox One)
Far Cry Primal (Xbox One)
Offered by TUFFskinz

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as Far Cry 4: by a long way., 16 Mar. 2016
Not as good as Far Cry 4 in my opinion. For me its worst faults were:
That there was no Outpost Master option: that is the option to replay conquered outposts as often as you like. WHAT were they thinking, that was such a great added benefit and I THINK IT WOULD HAVE COST THEM NOTHING.
The game lacked ANY charm, and the women were even more hideous than in Far Cry 4, no wonder Takkar spends all his time hunting.
NOTHING is spoken in English so you have to read sub-titles for EVERYTHING... EVERYTHING... what a DRAG, and seriously unhelpful to those of us more aged gamers whose eyes are no longer so reliable. My gaming chair is about 10ft from my TV so it can be a struggle, especially as there can often be other things going on: another STUPID decision by Ubisoft.
Finally, I REALLY liked the plot alternatives available in Far Cry 4, the Amita and Sabal choices. I have played FC4 several times and it was literally different each time because I made different choices: BRILLIANT and MISSING in Far Cry Primal.

PROKOFIEV: COMPLETE PIANO CONCERTOS(2CD)(ltd.)
PROKOFIEV: COMPLETE PIANO CONCERTOS(2CD)(ltd.)

5.0 out of 5 stars My introduction to the concertos., 1 Mar. 2016
I think perhaps that these recordings are underrated. I bought them, I think, back around 1980, and listened to them a lot. They still seem to dwell in my head, and I think there can be no greater praise than that.

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One)

3.0 out of 5 stars Lara Croft TERMINATOR, 2 Jan. 2016
Lara Croft TERMINATOR, is what this game should have been called, as its essential character resides in slaughtering your way through several hundred 'men' in order to get where you are going. The presentation of the game is of the very highest quality, replace Lara Croft with a Dark Angel female super-assasin type and it would be just fine. But Tomb Raider IT IS NOT.

Redemption in Blood: A Novel of The Penitent
Redemption in Blood: A Novel of The Penitent

4.0 out of 5 stars Careless...?, 9 Dec. 2015
Lot's of good stuff here BUT I have never seen so many MISTAKES in a published text. Someone needs a wrap on the knuckles for this, it is dreadful, and unnecessary. There were several passages where the text didn't make sense, and almost wouldn't make sense even if you substituted the probably correct words. In places visible evidence of un-checked cutting and pasting... Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy!!

I do like the relationship between 'vampirekind' and humankind though, and the sex scenes were well written.

Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
Dead Ever After: A True Blood Novel (Sookie Stackhouse 13)
by Charlaine Harris

4.0 out of 5 stars Goodbyes and endings always suck., 7 Dec. 2015
Goodbyes and endings always suck.This ending is no exception and I think that CH made a good attempt at a difficult job. In my opinion the only way, given CH's premises, that we could bid our heroin a worry-free farewell was to have her settle back on Sam. The story could perhaps have benefitted from a more extended exploration of how the magic of the CD'or had affected Sookie and not just Sam. CH refers to it, I think, but NOT enough. Personally, I had always been hoping that she would find a way to return to Bill, but Sam works too.

A male reader, I read books 1-12 a few years ago, then listened to books 1-13 over the last few weeks.

Piano Works 1
Piano Works 1

5.0 out of 5 stars Bortkiewicz: Russian pianistic romanticism in good taste., 10 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Piano Works 1 (Audio CD)
I had known this composer from the Db etude recording of I think a DuoArte player piano, where it was a stand out track. BUT... I had no idea the composer had written so much. I hope that these excellently performed recordings will generate some interest in this unfairly neglected composer. His music, in my opinion is consistently in better taste than such as Liadov and Liapounov, although I suppose it inhabits the same post-Lisztian romantic sound-scape. Perhaps it doesn't approach genius as Rachmaninov does, but neither is it quite so maudlin, which is a good thing.

Rachmaninov Vespers
Rachmaninov Vespers

5.0 out of 5 stars I keep waiting for those amazing low basses and they are never there, 7 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Rachmaninov Vespers (Audio CD)
My vinyl version of this recording has dwelt unchallenged in my mind for the last 25 years, so I am buying it again on cd. Even other Russian versions are pale in comparison, I keep waiting for those amazing low basses and they are never there.

Seagate STBV2000200 2 TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black
Seagate STBV2000200 2 TB Expansion USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars SHORT-LIVED ?, 3 Nov. 2015
Bought 20th April 2014... not working now, blue light flashing but not appearing on my new iMac. 18month life span is NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Buying new usb lead in the hope that...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10