Profile for R. T. > Reviews

Content by R. T.

R. T. (North Yorkshire UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Complete Recorder Sonatas
Complete Recorder Sonatas
by George Frideric Handel

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Edition, 3 booklets, excellent and good value., 1 Oct. 2014
Full Edition, ALL parts. Separate recorder, bass continuo, and keyboard. i.e. 3 different booklets included. The keyboard part is 78 pages long. I don't know WHAT has happened to those people who only got the keyboard score.

I have no complaints with this product, and the alternative Barenreiter overcharge for everything, in my opinion.

Kolay Leather Flip Case Cover/Screen Protector/Stylus Pen for iPhone 5C - Black
Kolay Leather Flip Case Cover/Screen Protector/Stylus Pen for iPhone 5C - Black
Offered by iDELTA UK LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 11 Jun. 2014
I love everything about this case. Not least, my phone is blue and enough of that colour shows for it to look REALLY cool. The absence of the redundant/useless credit-card-pockets, always present on previous covers of this type, is VERY good, they used to end up leaving a slight scuff-mark on the screen.

Well done people, perfect.

Afterthought... I don't use or need the stylus or screen protector.

Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]

3.0 out of 5 stars Underwhelming.... 3D, 19 May 2014
An ageing male perspective... I was hoping to be more entertained; I found it a bit self-conscious; although I thoroughly applaud the denouement's 'twist', a VERY good idea.

The 3D was NOT CLOSE to the quality or impressiveness of films like How to train your Dragon, or the beginning of the Life of Pi, or Pacific Rim, or Avatar.

BT 6500 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocking (Pack of 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars BT6500 Nuisance Call Blocking, 7 Oct. 2013
We bought this product exclusively for its call blocking facility. IT DOES NOT WORK. Worse it arbitrarily and intermittently blocks local calls and EVEN saved and named numbers. CRIMINAL, SHAME ON YOU BT !!!!!!!!!!!

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (DVD + UV Copy( [2013]
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (DVD + UV Copy( [2013]
Dvd ~ Hugo Weaving
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible film adaptation, 6 April 2013
This film is a terrible disappointment. The Lord of the Ring's films were very good I thought, but the Hobbit is cynical mockery of a film. Shame on you Peter Jackson.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 12, 2013 2:12 PM BST

Red
Red

5.0 out of 5 stars Deluxe Album: Excellent and I love it., 15 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Red (Audio CD)
Whilst being a 53 year old Englishman means that I am way outside the main demographic I find that her albums cheer me up and I think that there is real excellence here.

Perversely, my favourite track is the acoustic version of State of Grace, track 6 on the Bonus Album.

I am a Snow Patrol fan but I feel that the Gary Lightbody song is the worst song on the album, and he sounds uncomfortable with Ms Swift's underlay style (how the words fit to music), not his fault really, it shouldn't have been released.

To be critical I feel that there is not enough real variety on the main album: was tempted by thoughts of 'here we go again' and 'who cares'. Also, if she continues her move away from Country and acoustic I think it will be a shame, higher sales I suppose but ultimately at the risk of being forgettable and irrelevant.

Recording quality and engineering seem excellent.

I found the booklet very difficult to read: the photos are very nice but I would have preferred a larger font, capital letters and conventional formatting.

Benjamin Grosvenor plays Chopin, Liszt & Ravel
Benjamin Grosvenor plays Chopin, Liszt & Ravel

3.0 out of 5 stars Too fast?, 8 Dec. 2012
I FEEL that this is a very well recorded album. BG has a simply unbelievable technique and on some future album we will be able to enjoy it, but for me anyway, not this time. I blind tested it on a VERY discerning friend and he felt the same way.

Examples: Scherzo 1 (a fast piece) BG 8'18: Ashkenazy 9'51; Le Gibet (a slow piece) BG 5'30: Roget 6'37. I better emphasize that not every track is this crazy, some are really quite good, but Scherzo 1 upset me so badly that it is difficult to be objective after hearing it. My friend, of Scherzo 1, actually said that it sounded like a parody of Chopin. Personally I wish that I had never heard it, most unpleasant.

Stars for technical prowess 6, stars for overall artistic judgement... a lot less.

I am absolutely thrilled that we have a potential pianist who, understandably, can run beside Stephen Hough, and I suppose if the object was to make a big first splash then this album seems to be working on a lot of people, but for those of us musicians who like to relate to the music that we are listening to this kind of thing is alienating.

Hildegard von Bingen: O Jerusalem
Hildegard von Bingen: O Jerusalem

1.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Music BUT..., 24 Nov. 2012
I also have been caught out by this cheap and nasty knock-off copy cd which is conspicuously lacking the 55 page booklet that was my main reason for buying a cd in the first place. VERY FRUSTRATING.

PLUS, it now turns out that it will NOT transfer onto my iPod. Is it a pirated copy one wonders? DISGRACEFUL !
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 2, 2013 6:36 PM GMT

Digitech RP55 Modelling Guitar Processor
Digitech RP55 Modelling Guitar Processor

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor headphone output., 29 Aug. 2012
I needed this to give a decent headphone output BUT with the the patch level at full and the general volume at full it is still far TOO quiet.

Out of the box one could hear the electric guitar's acoustic output over the the headphones.

Very disappointing from a maker like Digitech.

My Boss multi-effects; and Korg Pandoras PX4D and PX5D are all absolutely fine but this Digitech is awful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 14, 2013 12:28 AM BST

Fauré - Treize Motets-Messe Basse-Cinq Cantiques
Fauré - Treize Motets-Messe Basse-Cinq Cantiques

4.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT a recording of Trent Darby !!, 24 July 2012
I fear that some reviews have been assigned to this recording that refer to another artist.

However, the range of pieces on this CLASSICAL recording are well recorded and beautifully performed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8