Profile for Kris.G > Reviews

Kris.G

Strangelove
Strangelove

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Dec 2014
This review is from: Strangelove (MP3 Download)
Great song

Mystoria [+digital booklet]
Mystoria [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the last!, 29 Sep 2014
Excellent album, noticeably less prog however this is still 100% amplifier, worth mentioning the best tracks - magic carpet, open up, bride, cat's cradle and black rainbow, all the songs/lyrics are great!

Sun Structures
Sun Structures

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 23 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sun Structures (MP3 Download)
I'm not a psychedelia expert but all the songs in this album are original and fantastic, Im am hooked! Inspired by 60/70s music yet current. Looking forward to the next album.

Echo Street
Echo Street

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 4 April 2013
This review is from: Echo Street (MP3 Download)
As much as a love Amplifier I was a little disappointed with Echo Street for the main reason being that this album lacks the epicness and intensity of their previous albums and EPS. I thought 4 songs were great in this album, Matmos in particular having that unique Amplifier signature and reminding me of those uplifting songs like Hymn of the Aten, O Fortuna etc. Reading some of the reviews here, Amplifier has always been a "grown up" or "mature" prog rock band as far as I am concerned and this new direction they have taken has left me a little uninspired, change/revolution isn't always a good thing, I remember when I worshipped Oceanszie and how they suddenly changed from great prog rock to something I could not relate too, I thought a 4th member is unecessary anyway on a positive note my personal favourite song in here is "Extra Vehicular" by far the best song, followed by "Matmos", "The Wheel" and "Where the river goes" the other 4 songs still had elements of Amplifier but just felt a total deviation from their usual songs. Having said all that I keep an Open mind, maybe they will grown on me with time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 8, 2013 12:26 PM BST