Profile for Bargain Queen UK > Reviews

Content by Bargain Queen UK

Bargain Queen UK "Ellie" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
BaByliss 2285U Curling Wand
BaByliss 2285U Curling Wand
Offered by OnlineDiscountstore

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware of Amazon Vine Reviews, 10 Jan 2011
I bought this product on the basis of the reviews already on Amazon. The product is light weight and heated up quickly but as far as producting the beautiful curls pictured on the box it is not as easy as the reviews said. I am not a hair dresser but this product is not aimed at that market. I am a want to be glamorous Mum but was hoping for an easy to use product. I found it very hard to hold my hair on the curling wand and it was not possible to hold more hair on to make bigger curls that I wanted. It was only when I came back on to Amazon to look at the mpeg for the curling wand did I see the reviews that I had based my purchase on were from Amazon Vine, where the products are given to people! If only this product lived up to the high hopes I had for it. I am off to look at more things to make my hair look like I want it too, yet more money wasted in my effort to either straighten or curl my hair.

Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
Kitchen: Recipes from the Heart of the Home
by Nigella Lawson

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family cook that will keep you coming back for more, 14 Nov 2010
This book is simply brilliant. It is back to the earlier books of Nigella Lawsons where soon recipes are family stories that let you add your own touch. I have cooked so many recipes and I have only had the book for a few weeks. It feels at this stage like we have been with Nigella since her children were small and in this book they have become teenagers so she is cooking for them which is great for grown ups too.

PIGLET 12" CUDDLY POOH AND FRIENDS SOFT TOY
PIGLET 12" CUDDLY POOH AND FRIENDS SOFT TOY

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Piglet for a Big Fan, 11 Nov 2010
I bought this piglet for my two year old little girl who is a big fan of Winnie the Pooh. It is just the right size for her. It is soft, cute and now very well loved. The review asked for the educational benifits, which are limited but some toys are just there too be loved and this one is :)

Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
Jamie's 30-Minute Meals: A Revolutionary Approach to Cooking Good Food Fast
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great - even for experienced cooks, 11 Nov 2010
When I first received this book, I glanced at it and dismissed it. I thought the ingredients were expensive and I found the format hard to work with. Instead of meat section, starters, etc the book is set out as menus where you get a main, side and a pudding or a drink. My Mum picked it up and started to call out recipes that she thought sounded good. I have since tried many and can recommend:
Cauliflower Cheese (made with self making cheese sauce)
Broccoli Pasta (Great for using up broccoli looking a bit past its best and the best recipe I have seen for this because it is not dry or too oily)
Tuscan Tomato Salad (another good one for using up things that you may throw away otherwise)
Instant Ice Cream (yogurt plus frozen fruit in the food processor equals healthy puddings for children and adults alike)
So I moved from thinking this book was full of recipes that were too expensive I have taken elements from different recipes (Jamie says not too but since he wasn't standing in my kitchen and I felt able to do it I have). It takes a little more reading to take recipes out of the menus but each element is titled and it is worth the effort. The main expense come in the cuts of meat but the cheaper the meat the more time it takes to cook in general. Jamie makes it quite clear that this book is an alternative to take aways and ready meals. I would prefer to spend the money on a good cut of meat than take away rubbish. Cooks of all abilities will enjoy this book and use it again and again.

Tickling the English
Tickling the English
by Dara O Briain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light read, 9 Jun 2010
This review is from: Tickling the English (Paperback)
As a Welsh girl, having lived in Ireland for a number of years and now living in England I thought this book was a brilliant light read. I love Dara's story telling style of comedy any way and this well researched book is a great read. It is wonderful to see yourself and lifestyle through the eyes of someone else to show you just how silly some of the things we see as tradition actually are but also how much fun they are.

Crocs Junior Kids Cayman Splatter Clog Berry 10648-67W-125 12 Child UK
Crocs Junior Kids Cayman Splatter Clog Berry 10648-67W-125 12 Child UK
Offered by Alna Vi Shoes

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright but good, 9 Jun 2010
Crocs are what they are, light weight, easy to put on and off but they look like hungry hippos. On the other hand my littles ones love them and this colour compo is bright but lots of fun. The main reason for giving them 3 stars is that the sizing is confusing. I ordered a 12 UK Childrens but they are in fact 12/13 and as any parent I bought a little bit bigger these were much too big.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 22, 2010 11:25 AM BST

Wash & Dry Me White Goose Feather & Down Single Duvet 100% Cotton Cambric Cover All Seasons - 4.5 Tog + 9.0 Tog 135 x 200cm

4.0 out of 5 stars Washable - perfect for children, 9 Jun 2010
I bought duvet for my young daugher so being able to put a very light weight duvet in the summer is great then in the winter putting them together makes sure that she is warm. Being able to split the duvets means that they will fit easily in a home washing machine. I have washed the duvet several times and it is still looking very good.

Umi Toddler/Junior Tabitha Sandal
Umi Toddler/Junior Tabitha Sandal
Offered by FYFO
Price: £18.49 - £19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Umi beats the competitors agin, 9 Jun 2010
I have been buying Umis from Amazon for both my little girls for over a year because the leather is better (both leather upper and inner something you don't always get in the high streets leading high street provider of children's shoes and we all know who I am talking about). My girls have quite wide feet so they are great with a padded sole too. The free returns means that you can order a few sizes and do the fitting yourself at home.

Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Coolidge Lo Trainer Navy/Light Grey D912L5013 11 UK
Onitsuka Tiger Unisex Coolidge Lo Trainer Navy/Light Grey D912L5013 11 UK

3.0 out of 5 stars Very narrow for men, 9 Jun 2010
I bought these shoes for my husband, impossible to buy for and had holes in his old shoes. They were great looking but because they are a unisex shoe and have such a large size range they were too narrow for him and I had to regretfully send them back.

Pump & Circumstance womens Diva Lilac Patent PC114 8 UK C
Pump & Circumstance womens Diva Lilac Patent PC114 8 UK C

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, if not very Lilac, 9 Jun 2010
These shoes are wonderful and I have since gone on to buy several more pairs of Pump and Circumstance. I leather is brilliant (and leather lined too) and the sole is very flexible so very comfortable. I did buy a size bigger looking at reviews from other people. The colour description is lilac but they are only very so slightly, more grey really but that is great because they go with so much more.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3