Profile for A Moore > Reviews

Halo Legends [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Shinji Aramaki
Price: 3.25

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible..., 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Halo Legends [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I bought this for my son who loves the Halo toys and figurines, but what a disappointment! The first hour of the DVD is boring with such terrible cartoons that you can barely see what is going on. Only the last mini-story is any good and seems to be more in keeping with the video game. I'd definitely give this one a miss - even my 8 year old son was bored and very disappointed...

Star Wars Clone Wars Supreme Power 16 Inch Backpack - Black and Blue
Star Wars Clone Wars Supreme Power 16 Inch Backpack - Black and Blue

2.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 10 Feb 2013
Although this rucksack looks very cool, it is very poor quality. The main zip already broke within a few weeks of buying it and the seller replaced it for me, however the same zip has broken yet again. For a rucksack that is so obviously designed for children, (and one occasion I broke the zip myself so it can't just be blamed on 'heavy handed kids') it is very flimsy and definitely not worth the money. It's a shame as it's one of the coolest Star Wars rucksacks we found, but I am not impressed having paid over 30 for a bag that only lasts a few months.

A Mother's Trust
A Mother's Trust
Price: 17.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another Brilliant story by this author!, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: A Mother's Trust (Hardcover)
Yet another brilliant book by Dilly Court! I loved it from start to finish and devoured it in a couple of days. 100% recommended! :)

The Jewel Of St Petersburg (Russian Concubine)
The Jewel Of St Petersburg (Russian Concubine)
by Kate Furnivall
Price: 6.67

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fun read...., 17 Oct 2011
This was a good fun read, however I found it a little annoying where the author would write Russian and then translate, the same word everytime it was used.

One Good Turn: (Jackson Brodie)
One Good Turn: (Jackson Brodie)

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read but not one of my favourites..., 17 Oct 2011
I found this a little depressing and nowhere near as good as Case Histories, but nevertheless it was a good read and I found it hard to put down one I was into it...

Case Histories: (Jackson Brodie)
Case Histories: (Jackson Brodie)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite of all her books, 17 Oct 2011
I've read three of Kate Atkinson's books so far and this was by far my favourite. I really enjoyed how the stories and characters intertwined, and Brodie is a superb main character. I look forward to reading more of her books with him in them!

Behind The Scenes At The Museum
Behind The Scenes At The Museum
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

3.0 out of 5 stars A good read, but took a while to get into it..., 17 Oct 2011
I have no idea why this is called what it is, it has nothing to do with a museum, not even behind the scenes of a museum. It took quite a while to get into it and it was quite confusing with as it jumps around in timelines from one chapter to the next, but once I was into it, it was a well written and thoroughly enjoyable read. I've read another couple of her books since and enjoyed them far more.

Spitfire Girl
Spitfire Girl
by Lily Baxter
Price: 15.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Lily Baxter read that I just couldn't put down!, 19 Aug 2011
This review is from: Spitfire Girl (Hardcover)
Susan Banks is the loveable heroine in this tale who's always dreamed of flying a spitfire. A tribute to all the brave women who flew for the allied forces during the war, this is a splendid, heart warming tale of a young girl's dreams and aspirations, and not forgeting the occasional love interest along the way of course!

Cinderella Sister
Cinderella Sister
Price: 16.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from this superb author!, 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: Cinderella Sister (Hardcover)
I'm a great fan of Dilly Court and this was yet another superb read which I thorougly enjoyed from start to finish. As usual Dilly brings Victorian England to life with her vivid decriptions and wonderful characters and Lily Larkin is a superb heroine in this novel.
Thoroughly recommended! :)

A Mother's Secret
A Mother's Secret
Price: 5.66

5.0 out of 5 stars Yet another superb read from Dilly Court, 24 Mar 2011
This review is from: A Mother's Secret (Paperback)
I have read all of Dilly Court's books and this is yet another great read from Dilly. From start to finish she has you living and sharing the lives of her characters. Loved it from start to finish!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3