Profile for tigg3r > Reviews

Cloud Atlas [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks
Offered by DVDBayFBA

5.0 out of 5 stars Profound, 14 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Cloud Atlas [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I'm not one for crash, bang, whallop movies. I like movies with a plot, intelligence and a heart and this movie has those things in spades! I found it utterly profound and I can't believe it's passed by largely unnoticed! (I'm guessing that's because this movie will in all likelihood alienate Matrix fans). I will give it a few more viewings but my heart is already telling me this could be one of my favourite movies ever!

Yeezus [Explicit]
Yeezus [Explicit]

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic!, 20 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Yeezus [Explicit] (MP3 Download)
Kanye West is a musician a bit like Marmite: you either love him or hate him. I love him!
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy was one of my favourite albums of 2010 and Yeezus is similarly epic in an entirely different way!
I personally think that points to how incredibly talented Mr West is - able to produce albums of startling difference but always maintaining a quality unsurpassed by anyone else in his field.
So, anyway, Yeezus is incredibly flawed lyrically, hard to listen to sonically, but absolutely brilliant!!
(Incidentaly, I bought this whilst Amazon had it for download at £4.99)

If You Really Loved Me
If You Really Loved Me
by Emma Cantons

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 22 Jan. 2013
This review is from: If You Really Loved Me (Paperback)
I thank Emma and Victoria for sharing a part of their life with me through this book. It took great courage from both of them to share their story - Emma for her brutally honest account, and Victoria for allowing Emma to write it so candidly. I found it life affirming and inspirational and gave me great cause for reflection. It is, in short, everything I could ask for from a book.

Anjunabeats Sampler
Anjunabeats Sampler

4.0 out of 5 stars Dope! ...or some other hip phrase of your choice, 2 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Anjunabeats Sampler (MP3 Download)
Naturally I got this as a free download but I was mightily impressed. I'd never heard of Anjunabeats before or any of the artists either but I found them all very good and really enjoyed listening to this sampler. I shall be checking out some more of it and spending money no doubts!

BiC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen - Black, Box of 12
BiC For Her Medium Ballpoint Pen - Black, Box of 12

2.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing!, 18 Aug. 2012
I can't help but be disturbed by the phallic symbolism of these pens. As a lady of refinement, the last thing I want to do is to be seen holding something resembling a gentleman's "member" in my expensively manicured hands. What happens in the bedroom is one thing but what happens in public is another!
I am seriously considering passing these onto the lady at the council estate. I fear she will be far more at home holding such a symbol of phallicism in her hands than I ever will!

Onward
Onward

4.0 out of 5 stars Going, Going... Sold! :-), 1 May 2012
This review is from: Onward (MP3 Download)
After hearing this on Spotify and some tracks live last Christmas (2011) I was sold enough on this album to part with my hard earned money. I haven't heard much of Hawkwind's output post Choose Your Masques but this makes me wonder what I have been missing! I don't think any Hawkwind fan is gonna be disappointed with this album! The quality is excellent and the quantity generous. :-)
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 17, 2012 1:21 PM BST

Wrecking Ball (inc. Digital Booklet)
Wrecking Ball (inc. Digital Booklet)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 5 Mar. 2012
I've been a fan of Bruce for 23 years now and I have to say that none of his other albums have affected me as much since I heard Born To Run the first time. As someone newly unemployed he has captured exactly how I feel right now. It is incredibly moving to feel that someone as mighty as Bruce Springsteen is singing for you, putting your case forward to an uncaring world with such incredibly emotional music. I have been moved to tears by this album! Thank God for Bruce Springsteen!

The Fall
The Fall

2.0 out of 5 stars Touring Must Be So Boring!, 23 April 2011
This review is from: The Fall (MP3 Download)
This is one of the most tedious albums I've ever listened to. It has 4 pleasant songs that don't really amount to much and the rest, as another reviewer said, is pure landfill! Which is ironic considering the theme of Plastic Beach!

True Faith
True Faith

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 14 Mar. 2011
This review is from: True Faith (Audio CD)
I hate this song for two reasons:

1. It's totally mangled one of New Order's best songs
2. It's totally mangled George Michael's voice

So I shan't be buying it. It's crap!

Glee: The Music, The Rocky Horror Glee Show
Glee: The Music, The Rocky Horror Glee Show

2.0 out of 5 stars Dammit, Janet!, 15 Feb. 2011
I don't like this for three reasons:
1. The choice of vocalists is totally wrong
2. They needlessly changed the lyrics
3. They tried to give it a completely different meaning to what it really stands for
Therefore, I implore every kid who gets into Rocky Horror through this to please, for the love of God, get yourself a copy of any of the cast recordings or the OST from the film. And also please try to get to see either the film or any of the shows that get put on. Then you will really start to understand Rocky Horror and appreciate the travesty of Glee's version!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5