Profile for Steven Berry > Reviews

The People's Act Of Love
The People's Act Of Love
by James Meek

5.0 out of 5 stars up there with the best, 10 Oct. 2012
outstanding story, expertly written. get past the first chapter and this is a book well worth sticking with. was totally engrossed.

FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
FIFA 13 (Xbox 360)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

1.0 out of 5 stars codswallop, 28 Sept. 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
stick to Emlyn Hughes International Soccer, well better than this. Also don't give your money to FIFA, get down the park and play heads n vollies.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 29, 2012 11:20 PM BST

A Carrot Is As Close As A Rabbit Gets To A Diamond
A Carrot Is As Close As A Rabbit Gets To A Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 17 April 2012
Love this album!! Admittedly I struggle with Trout Mask Replica. This combines Beefheart experimental and some of the sweetest songs I've ever heard. Stick some headphones on to this stuff people.

Every Step's A Yes
Every Step's A Yes

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, beautiful album, 13 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Every Step's A Yes (Audio CD)
Does kick in after 3-4 listens, like people have said. Thought it was too quiet and slow at first... But how wrong I was! My ears simply had to adjust to its beauty in this era of modern trash and ooompah. Once it does reveal itself, I think it stands out as The Bees best album or at least on a par with Free The Bees. Its simply Excellent! Rare and timeless, like a Winter Rose ;)

We're New Here
We're New Here

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth it, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: We're New Here (Audio CD)
This album is superbly crafted. These two artists seem to fit well together for some reason. The music and words have a beautiful, tender atmosphere that Jamie XX does not trample all over. For me, he adds to the original. You should own both.

Soothing Music For Stray Cats
Soothing Music For Stray Cats

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 27 Oct. 2011
this album sounds like it was made in a different age, I dont know how they managed that. amazing from start to end. puts a smile on my face. especially like listening to it in the winter for some reason. in my top 10 albums of all time.

King Of The Waves
King Of The Waves

5.0 out of 5 stars 1st class album, 25 Oct. 2011
This review is from: King Of The Waves (Audio CD)
Excellent album, really great tunes one after another!! at first I kept playing the first five songs, which are superb, and I did not expect the rest of the album to be up to there standard, but it is. This band should be more well known/played on the radio. Looking forward to seeing them in Liverpool soon.

Accept the Signal
Accept the Signal
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars IMMENSE!!, 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Accept the Signal (Audio CD)
Cannot get enough of this, where has this album and band been all my life!! Having to hold myself back from buying their other albums for fear of going off them.
Reminds me of early Verve/UNKLE.
Timeless, beautiful stuff, go buy it!!

Abandoned Language
Abandoned Language

5.0 out of 5 stars Put the headphones on and lean back..., 2 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Abandoned Language (Audio CD)
This is brooding hip-hop with a cold, futuristic production. Reminds me of Canibal Ox - The Cold Vein. Invest in both.

Checkmate Savage
Checkmate Savage

5.0 out of 5 stars Mega!!, 16 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Checkmate Savage (Audio CD)
Had this for 2 months before listening to it... now can't believe it was just like sitting there!! Mega stuff!!