Profile for Jamie Goodwin Author > Reviews

Content by Jamie Goodwin ...

Jamie Goodwin Author "Jamie Goodwin Author" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Xbox 360 250GB Console with Kinect Sensor: Includes Kinect Sports and Dance Central 2
Offered by The Tech Lodge
Price: 321.05

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 30 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Am well happy, comes with kinect sports, kinect adventures and dance central, more than enough to get you started and of course one months xbox live gold membership. Takes a little while to set up but I was up and running within an hour. Great little bundle and the kinect sensor works fantastically.

GODS LAST RESORT
GODS LAST RESORT
Price: 1.93

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: GODS LAST RESORT (Kindle Edition)
Well written but weird ending, good plot and well described characters. Enjoyed the read but it's another book that should have been better proof read

Big Brother: The Inside Story: The completely unauthorised, unofficial TRUTH behind the reality as told by those who lived it
Price: 7.49

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very well written and repeats itself a lot, 25 Dec 2012
Lots of stuff seems to be repeated throughout the book so better proof reading would have made it more enjoyable to read.

Interesting to read what happened to them all post BB. It should be noted this back is quite old now, around d 2006 I think so kinda old hat now, bit like the housemates ;)

It's Your Time You're Wasting: A Teacher's Tales of Classroom Hell
It's Your Time You're Wasting: A Teacher's Tales of Classroom Hell
Price: 1.75

4.0 out of 5 stars Good light hearted read, 23 Dec 2012
Telling it like it is, teaching is not for the faint hearted. Enjoyed the book and found it easy reading an d light hearted. Quite glad to hear the author has left teaching though, last thing any kid needs is a disillusioned teacher.

LEGO Lord of the Rings (PC CD)
LEGO Lord of the Rings (PC CD)
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant game, 23 Nov 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is fantastic, graphics are great, play is great, lego is great. What more do you need to know? I have every single lego game ever sold and they get better each time. This is huge and there's tons to do :)

The areas are huge and there's soundtrack direct from the movie, I'm now four levels or so in and my only gripe with the game is some of the camera angles. I keep getting stuck behind things and having to swap to someone else to get myself free.

I brought the PC version as I'm sick of forking out extra to get it on Wii or ps3.

Clara the Cow Dog Toy
Clara the Cow Dog Toy
Offered by ICARUS PET SUPPLIES
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Clara the Cow Dog Toy (Misc.)
Our dog had an elephant version of this toy years ago and loved it to death. We have been unable to find a replacement until now. She is currently running around the house with it now like a looney. This toy is great wearing although I am sure in no time at all it will become her mission to remove all the squeekys and stuffing.

We have a medium sized labradoodle and she is so happy to have finally found the ideal replacement.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 20, 2013 10:55 AM BST

LEGO Batman 2 - Limited Lex Luthor Toy Edition (PC DVD)
LEGO Batman 2 - Limited Lex Luthor Toy Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by EUROGAMES
Price: 17.59

1.0 out of 5 stars pc version of game contains win 32 virus, 22 Jun 2012
I was very excited to get this game on day of release.

HOWEVER upon loading it onto my pc, AVG alerted me to the fact that this disc contains the win32 virus!!!!!! and refused to allow me to load the game.

HOW CRAP OF A GAME MAKER TO SEND OUT DISCS WITH THE WIN32VIRUS BUILT INTO THE BATMAN FILE!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY THE PC VERSION OF THIS GAME, I AM LUCKY AVG SPOTTED THE VIRUS AS THIS VIRUS KILLS YOUR MACHINE AND SHUTS YOU OUT OF YOUR PC

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
Comment Comments (16) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 14, 2012 5:45 PM BST

Birkmann Happy Birthday! Multi Tier Cake Pan
Birkmann Happy Birthday! Multi Tier Cake Pan
Price: 18.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't what we hoped for, 5 Feb 2011
We brought this out of my christmas gift money, seemed like a great idea at the time.

It was used for the first time today, we used the enclosed recipe and followed the instructions closly. The tin was very well greased. However once it was out of the oven and fully cooled is when all our problems began. It stuck to the tin the whole way through, the cake was unusable and will end up as trifle.

Not happy at all, looked good in principle, was rubbish in reality, despite using the recipie they supplied, I'm glad we didn't buy any more from this range.

Rabbids Go Home (Wii)
Rabbids Go Home (Wii)
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 12.89

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor Glitches but it's ok at reduced price, 7 Jan 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Rabbids Go Home (Wii) (Video Game)
I was so looking forward to this game being a rabbids fan, I have the whole collection.

The game itself it very short, I completed it in just seven hours. Major disappointment considering it wasn't cheap. Lots of scoolboy errors as far as screen glitches go. It's fun but only if you pay bargain bin prices for it.

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (PS3)
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (PS3)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC
Price: 33.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect too much, 2 May 2009
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
It's not a great game, packed with glitches and bearing little resemblance to the fun and laughter I've had with previous Larry games. It's ok as a bargain bin special. I had already heard it wasn't going to be great but for me Larry is a game I grew up with so just had to get it for the ps3. Has made me giggle in a couple of places but no real belly laughter of years gone by. controls are easy enough but the glitches make it rather frustrating.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4