Profile for Ms. J. E. Harrison > Reviews

Pentacle sterling silver charm .925 x 1 pentagram pentangle charms SSLP2692
Pentacle sterling silver charm .925 x 1 pentagram pentangle charms SSLP2692
Offered by Maldon Jewellery

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 Sep 2014
Perfect little charm and arrived in good time :)

Scruffs Edinburgh Collection Bed Charcoal, Extra Large
Scruffs Edinburgh Collection Bed Charcoal, Extra Large

4.0 out of 5 stars Other than that its a brilliant buy: ), 7 Sep 2014
Our dog absolutely loves his bed! It fits in well with our home decor and he doesn't seem to put out to get off our bed and retire to his own. Washes extremely well too and dries quickly if left in the sunshine. The only reason this doesn't get the full 5 stars is because of the dimensions. Our dog is a medium size but even the large bed wasn't big enough so we had to go for the extra large. Other than that its a brilliant buy :)

Gelert Quick Pitch Elite Two Man Tent - Raspberry Sorbet
Gelert Quick Pitch Elite Two Man Tent - Raspberry Sorbet

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for sleeping in!, 4 July 2011
I took this tent to a festival over the weekend. Easy to pitch and put away, but didn't keep me warm or dry....

I was able to put all my stuff in the tent after pitching it in a mere 5 minutes. My luggage included a medium sized trolly case, sleeping bag, backpack and hand bag. After a scorching hot day at the festival I returned to find the inside completely soaked with condensations despite leaving the ventilation flaps open. The condensation was inside AND outside the surface of the tent and all over my luggage and sleeping bag.

Considering it was so hot during the day, by night time it was freezing cold. Despite a sleeping bag, sleeping in fleece pjs and wrapping myself in a towel, this tent did little to keep me warm and I felt ill with the cold. By morning I was completely soaked with the condensation and was completely fed up with it. I dumped my tent and was glad to see the back of it.

I would strongly suggest getting a more expensive tent with an inner sheet for festival goers. Well worth it and you will get a half decent night's sleep - which is more than I did!

BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper
BaByliss 2123U Root Boost Micro Crimper
Offered by Electrics Warehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars The Holy Grail Of Root Lift!, 22 May 2011
The haters of this product have not used them enough times to review it in my opinion.
My hair looks fantastic and holds volume ALL DAY!

Bye bye backcombed rats nest at the back of my head that ends up in a flat tattered pancake after half an hour! This REALLY works.

I blow-dry my hair in the evening and use the root boost the morning after, giving my hair time to settle.
I have never had so much volume in my hair and am SO impressed. My hair is very fine but I have it in abundance. Getting volume in my hair has been my biggest struggle, and this has finally solved this issue.

I would recommend prepping with a heat protecting lotion after washing your hair, even if you let your hair dry naturally. The root boost heats up really quickly, has a long lead and is idiot proof to use. Just need to practice a few times, and be patient.

BaByliss 2780U Big Hair Non-Rotating Styler
BaByliss 2780U Big Hair Non-Rotating Styler

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond my Expectations., 15 May 2010
Before I review the product, I thought I'd give a bit of background info about my hair for those similar looking for a good product:-
Length:- Long - just past my shoulders
Style:- Layered through the back starting at the crown, and shaped through the front
Type:- Fine but abundant, very straight caucasian hair
Condition:- Coloured dark brown with semi-permanent dye - good condition
Problem:- Flat with no volume

I bought this on a whim after giving up on blow drying my hair months ago. My hair just doesn't hold style unless I go to the salon, and no one ever really achieves that salon perfect look on their own. I tried it out this morning after washing my hair with my volumising shampoo and conditioner; let my hair dry for 20 minutes then distributed a generous blob of volumising mouse through my hair.

When my hair was around 80% dry I ran some heat protection lotion through the ends and sectioned off my hair, starting with the nape. I put the dryer on the medium heat setting and ran it through my hair, lifting at the roots and bending through the ends. Each section was about 1.5" and took about 2 minutes to dry. Perfect! I was left with really silky soft hair, great shine and some nice volume at the roots - not vavavoom Bridget Bardot volume - but a really nice bounce and my layers were soft and defined.

My whole head took around 15 minutes to blow dry, and while I was waiting for it to dry naturally I managed to do all of my make-up so all in all it is a great time saving gadget. You could do this in the morning before work and not run late.

I have read a few reviews saying that it is really big and heavy to use, but I honestly found it to be very light, and the brush was the perfect size for my hair. The only problem I had was the length of the cable. It is a bit too short, especially since I'm used to a hairdryer with a long cord, so I had to unplug it and find another socket to do the other side of my hair -but seriously, this was the only downfall, nothing an extension lead can't fix. The brush didn't tangle in my hair or get stuck, the temperature was great and my overall results were fantastic.

If you have hair similar to mine described above then I would definitely recommend you invest in this. Less frustrating than a traditional hairdryer and brush, and far better results.

Powerage
Powerage

5.0 out of 5 stars Best AC/DC album IMO, 15 May 2010
This review is from: Powerage (Audio CD)
Angus's first shot at producing an album and boy did he do a fine job. Really bluesy and lyrically superb. Angus and Mal work together to make that "one big guitar" sound they're always trying to achieve. Songs to look out for are Down Payment Blues, What's Next To The Moon and Kicked in The Teeth - Bon is really singing his heart out on this record, and the band has never sounded better.

My personal favourite album, just beating Highway to Hell by a nose - if you love HWTH then you HAVE to buy this and crank it up LOUD!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't have returned to work without it!, 27 Feb 2010
I bought this cushion after slipping on the ice during the big freeze, the week before Christmas 2009, and broke my coccyx. I have never hurt my back before, and after two days of agony at work, I had to take a fortnight off because I literally couldn't sit without being close to tears. I even spent Christmas morning standing up to open my presents.

I bought this cushion in a bid to getting back to "normal"; i.e. I couldn't bare being in bed any longer. This cushion enabled me to travel on the bus without pain, (although I have felt embarrassed), and I can sit at my desk for 8 hours a day without a twinge. It has been a life saver for me, and I believe it has sped up my recovery time because I haven't been putting weight on my coccyx or suffering needlessly.

It's been 2 1/2 months, and I am still using it. I will probably use it until I don't notice any discomfort at all, and even then I will keep it at work as I have a desk job.

The only reason it gets 4 stars is it comes in a clear carry case. It's very light to carry, and you don't have to take it out of the bag to use it which is very handy, but it is embarrassing to carry around, and you do get asked, "what's that?" by strangers who can clearly see what you are holding. I wouldn't let that put you off buying it though, it's worth it. If I go without it for a day, I notice a big difference.

I Am Ozzy
I Am Ozzy
by Ozzy Osbourne

5.0 out of 5 stars Best autobiography I've ever read!, 14 Jan 2010
This review is from: I Am Ozzy (Hardcover)
This book is incredibly funny, tragic, truthful and "Ozzy". I would highly recommend it to anyone who comes from a working class background, to pick up this book.
I am currently reading Sharon Osbourne's "Extreme" after finishing "I Am Ozzy" on Monday. Some of the same stories they talk about are conflicting in circumstance, but I would recommend reading both sides of the marriage.

Demons and Cocktails - My Life with the Stereophonics
Demons and Cocktails - My Life with the Stereophonics
by Stuart Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down!, 13 Nov 2009
Being a massive Stereophonics fan, I purchased Stuart's book to learn more about the band and more importantly, his side of the story during the break-up. I simply couldn't put it down! Even missed Corrie to read it from cover to cover, (and that is forbidden in the North West of England!).

You have to take what is written with a pinch of salt, as he is a great story teller, and he tells his tale well. Very tongue in cheek over some things, but what definitely is real is the way he expresses how events have made him feel. He provokes a lot of empathy and compassion from the reader, and at times frustration and despair. The book is about Stuart and how he ticks, rather than anything he has done. Stuart doesn't disappoint, Demons and Cocktails does what it says on the tin.

Braun Silk-épil Xpressive Solo 7180 Epilator
Braun Silk-épil Xpressive Solo 7180 Epilator

4.0 out of 5 stars Getting addicted to this epilator!, 11 July 2009
I bought this epilator after reading the reviews on Amazon. I have bought several eppliators in the past, but always returned them after a split second of use because the pain factor was just to much for me. I recently started waxing this year, and found that after a few tries the pain started to deminish and the results were really great. However, we have just had an unbearable heatwave, and my waxing kit couldn't take the heat! I was left with big sticky patches of hair on my legs, and had to cover my legs up which I wasn't too happy about. I decided to finaly take the plunge and try this epilator. I think getting used to the pain of waxing certainly helped, I suppose its just a natural progression to epilation, and over the past 4 days I have been slowly and carefully epilating my legs and even my arms - (not under arms coz its too excruciating) - & I'm thrilled with the results. The smart light really helps, and you quickly get used to the amount of pressure and speed you need to apply to rid yourself of your unwanted hair. It still only gets 4 stars because of the pain factor, but apart from that its brilliant. I have got rid of all of the hair on my legs and arms. I think I will probably keep on top of it once a week, as your hair grows in different cycles, but if like me you spend your sunday doing your nails, topping up your fake tan and having a home facial, it'll only take you half an hour keep on top of keeping your legs smooth!

Page: 1 | 2