Profile for The Goalie > Reviews

The Goalie

Mr Machine
Mr Machine

4.0 out of 5 stars A good break from the norm., 19 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Mr Machine (Audio CD)
Read an article on this group in a MixMag while waiting to get my haircut, and it did catch my interest.
So bought it from Amazon and gave it a few listens on the way to work in the car & am glad I bought it.
Some tracks appeal more than others (as with most albums), but certainly there are none that I skip past. In particular "Pretend" has lyrical & musical cleverness which i favour over the other tracks, but it's a worthy addition to my collection, amidst the likes of early 90's Lenny Dee to the Peatbog Faeries.
Mr Machine might not be one of those albums you keep by your CD player all the time, but you'll be glad to have it in your collection.
Give it a go.

Rockport Men's Frigid Trail Pinecone Waterproof Boot K54143  10.5 UK, 45 EU, 11 US
Rockport Men's Frigid Trail Pinecone Waterproof Boot K54143 10.5 UK, 45 EU, 11 US
Offered by Coutinho

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as my last pair of Rockport, 19 Mar. 2012
Identified these as a potential successor to my last pair of rockport ankle boots which lasted me a good 4-5 years of pretty much regular wear, and after reading reviews online which said they were made small I found a shop in town that had a pair of my usual size 10 (not in the colour i wanted) so had the opportunity to try them on and indeed they were a bit tight, so ordered them from Amazon in an 11 (in the colour i preferred) and they are spot on straight out the box, none of the "rub at the heel until they get broken in".
Very comfy padding around the ankle, sturdy feel to them and am optimistic they will do me another good number of years, plus at the bargain price i paid for them makes me very pleased with them.
Recommended, but do try a pair on to make sure the size you order is right for you.