Profile for Ms Helene V. Molyneux > Reviews

Content by Ms Helene V. M...

Ms Helene V. Molyneux (Wakefield, West Yorkshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
5 Star Storage Box - White (Pack of 10)
5 Star Storage Box - White (Pack of 10)
Offered by Shoplet-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, 5 Jun 2014
Packing up for an overseas move and some things to go into storage, finding the right size and shape of boxes was key for me. These have fitted the bill perfectly. They are easy to construct from flat, a good size and surprisingly roomy, holding more than I had anticipated, They stack well too. Also, they are not so big as to be too heavy to lift when filled with books.

Typhoon Floating Sunglasses for Sailing Kayaking Surfing Fishing or Jetski, Orange
Offered by Mikes Diving Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sunglasses, 19 Sep 2013
I originally bought these for a sailing trip earlier in the year. They were great for that, really comfortable and very good for being out on the water. Since that trip these have been my sunglasses of choice throughout our sunny English summer and for a holiday in Greece- comfy enough for everyday use, just great for sticking on top of my head when not needed, and I even wore them whilst swimming.

I have had to replace my original pair, but that is due to the attentions of a slightly chewy canine friend who decided they might make a nice snack, not because of any other fault with them.

Aerolite, 4 wheel spinner 18" Trolley Suitcase Flight Bag 55X35.5X20 cm, 2.28Kg, 29L 3 year warranty (Black, Navy, Brown)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 April 2013
I bought this case for a recently trip sailing in Greece, so one of prime requirements was to find something which would hold all my stuff but take up too much space on the boat. My second requirement was that, as I am a relatively small person (just 150cm)and was travelling alone it needed to be easy to manoeuvre.

This bag fitted the bill perfectly. I was very pleased at how much stuff it was able to hold - plenty for my week's stay - and there was even room for a gift or two on the way back! I was also very pleased at how easy it was to move around - the four wheels tackled everything from smooth, flat, surfaces (at the airport) to the not-so-smooth or flat (at the ferry port and on/off the Flying Dolphin). I did not use the case as hand luggage on this occasion, preferring to let others handle the loading/unloading for my flights and transfers. However, I am going away again soon for a short break and will definitely be using it as hand luggage then, and I don't anticipate any difficulties.

I chose the blue option, and it looks very smart, whilst also being easy to identify on the carousel.

All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase, and would recommend it unreservedly. This was my first encounter with a four-wheeled case, and I am so pleased that I will be buying another, larger, version from the range for my forthcoming longer trip.

The Very Best Of Neil Diamond
The Very Best Of Neil Diamond

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 25 Feb 2013
This is a great collection of classics by a great singer/songwriter. Very easy listening. What more is there to say!

Smurf Bookends Novelty Fun Retro - Dimensions: 16 x 8 x 15cm
Smurf Bookends Novelty Fun Retro - Dimensions: 16 x 8 x 15cm

5.0 out of 5 stars A fun gift!, 25 Feb 2013
These were bought as a novelty stocking filler for Christmas and they were very well received. They are very bright and cheerful, and do the job they were meant for just fine - what more can you ask!

90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
90 Litre Dustbin Incinerator
Offered by ST&K Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Very efficient!, 25 Feb 2013
I bought this to deal mainly with papers, packaging etc and I have to say it has been great so far! I was a bit worried that it might get clogged as I was burning mostly paper, but the airholes seemed to keep a good draught flowing through and there was very little ash left at the end.

It was a little tricky to put the legs on - definitely a two person job unless you have exceptionally long arms!

The Little Grey Men
The Little Grey Men
by B B

5.0 out of 5 stars An old friend revisited..... for new friends to discover., 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Little Grey Men (Paperback)
I don't remember where or when I first read this book, but I do know that I loved it as a child - returning to it again and again to immerse myself in its magical world. I am now old enough (just!) to be a new grandparent to twin girls. Unfortunately they are 10 weeks premature so, as yet, I have not had the pleasure of a cuddle and have had to content myself with reading to read to them in their incubators. This book was top of my list to start with, and not only are the girls and I enjoying it immensely, it is quite surprising how many staff are finding little jobs to do nearby during our story sessions each evening!

There is nothing twee, or 'disneyfied' about this story - it is quite simply a beautifully written and captivating tale with something for children of all ages.

New iPod nano  16GB (6th Generation) - Pink (discontinued by manufacturer)
New iPod nano 16GB (6th Generation) - Pink (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Kryonet

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product - and great service!, 18 April 2012
My nano was ordered as a replacement for a lost MP3 which was, itself, a replacement for an older nano which had, unfortunately, died.

The product arrived speedily, so no problems with the transaction itself.

when I unpacked the parcel I was a little surprised how tiny it was - everything, including the instruction booklet, was packed into a small plastic box.

Setting the item up and syncing with my laptop was no problem, partly because I had used a nano before, so all was familiar.

I bought the nano particularly to play audio books, and in this regard I have found it to be excellent. Sound quality is very good and any difficulties I had with working out how to negotiate the menus etc were as a result of my unfamiliarity with using a touch screen device. Nonetheless it didn't take me long to get going and my nano is now a constant companion when I am doing housework, walking the dogs, doing the garden etc. I particularly like the little clip on the back which allows it to be securely attached to clothing.

The Parthenon
The Parthenon
by Mary Beard

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, but also very readable., 17 Jan 2011
This review is from: The Parthenon (Paperback)
Reading this book is like having a private tour of this most iconic of buildings with the author as one's highly knowledgeable guide. I loved the down-to-earth, almost chatty style, which is highly readable whilst nonetheless imparting a huge amount of information. I also particularly loved the 'further reading' section included at the end of the book which manages to be suitably thorough to satisfy Classics geeks like me, whilst at the same time being accessible for anyone with a keen, but perhaps less academic, interest.

I found this book almost by accident whilst looking for the one the author has been written about Pompeii. However, it is anything but a second choice. I am a Classics graduate with a particular interest in the Partenon, and the city of Athens in the Classical period. I have also been lucky enough to go inside the current building to look at the reconstruction/restoration work, and visited the new Acropolis museum shortly after it was opened. So, I considered myself to be fairly well informed about the Parthenon, particularly during its early history. This book has helped me to better understand both the building, and the Acropolis in general, particularly in its later history.

I would highly recommend it to anyone who has been, or is planning a trip to Athens.

Cobra 307-1M Camcorder Bag
Cobra 307-1M Camcorder Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a surprise!, 10 Sep 2009
This bag is great, but it is far larger than I had thought that it would be. I bought the bag before I got my camcorder (birthday present) so I had no real idea of what size I would need - my camcorder fits neatly into one corner of it! However, I have used the bag to carry around all sorts of bits and bobs, including my charger lead and stills camera. In fact, on a recent flight to Greece it did duty as a flight bag, with my camcorder, camera, purse, phone, etc safely stowed inside the central compartment but kept separate by the flexible divider system, and my passport and travel documents in the front pocket. Not perhaps what it was designed for, but very useful nonetheless!

This bag is light and sturdy, but do check what size you need as it may be too big for the new generation of hand-held camcorders.

Page: 1 | 2