Profile for RedReading > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Shock Absorber S5044 Womens Run Bra - 34DD, Black/ Silver
Shock Absorber S5044 Womens Run Bra - 34DD, Black/ Silver

1.0 out of 5 stars 34DD is more like 32 DD, 29 Jan. 2014
I attempted to return and refund, however they charge you £6, which is then deducted from the price you paid. Not realising this, I had already ordered a 36DD, which arrived today, however this is also too small and I will have to return this, but thinking about it, why should I be out of pocket £12 when the items are too small!? Guess I'll have to hope I know someone who is two sizes smaller who might want to buy them from me!

A More Deserving Blackness
A More Deserving Blackness

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 11 Jan. 2014
I was pleasantly surprised as I got into this book, which didn't take long at all. It is well written, you relate well with the characters and you cannot help but warm to the two main characters - I really enjoyed this book.

Blood Finale (God Wars Book 5)
Blood Finale (God Wars Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes, and then again, No...., 11 Jan. 2014
I have read all of Connie's books (exept Ir'Indicti), the Blood Destiny Series where we meet Lissa and have a fabulous adventure and lots of heartache, then we have the Demon series with Reah (similar but still very enjoyable) and then we the God Wars series with Breanne (similar themes again). I love these books, but have to confess to not enjoying the God Wars series and finale as much as I have all the other books, I felt there was so much packed in, perhaps (and I cannot believe I am suggesting this) a 6th book would have benefitted the series tremendously, as that way we wouldn't have had so much squeezed into books 3 4 and 5? I still love these books, but just felt the last three books didn't do the whole series justice. Will look forward to the Finder series.

Marked. Part I: The missing Link
Marked. Part I: The missing Link

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 Jan. 2014
Great to have a book with some "length" to it! yes there's a second book, and I cannot wait to read it. This is a quirky, enjoyable read with humour, depth and a few "OMG" moments. Love all the main characters, because they are so well written, and the baddies are bad, and what makes a change? you get a really good idea of what makes them bad whether they are small players or key players. There isn't a single character in this book without just the right amount of information to give you an idea of what they look like and how they tick. Brilliant!

Beneath the Burn
Beneath the Burn

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, Sexy, slightly disturbing - good read, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Beneath the Burn (Kindle Edition)
I think most of the story has been covered by other reviewers, but I had to share that this was one roller coaster ride of angst! The heroine is amazing and gorgeous and did I say amazing? She is so strong and sweet and knowing. The hero is mixed up, gorgeous, broken, needy, strong and mesmerised by one amazing heroine. The villain is too powerful, too rich, too obsessed, too scary and perfect for the story. One hour? That is all they needed to connect. This story is going to take you to all sorts of weird and wonderful places - enjoy the ride. Great read.

Underestimated
Underestimated

5.0 out of 5 stars Ignore the typos, it's a good story, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Underestimated (Kindle Edition)
** Mild Spoilers** I think previous reviewers have detailed the storyline, but I wanted to share my thoughts about Riley/Morgan and can understand why perhaps a few readers were "annoyed" with her indecisiveness. When she's with Dawson (as he put it) she's Riley, when she's with Drew, she is Morgan. However, if it hadn't been for Dawson's patience and ability to mend Riley's broken soul, Drew may never have found the post accident Morgan so interesting. The story at times is brutal, and you cannot believe what she goes through and how she has the strength to continue. She had a horrible childhood, and before learning about boys and having her first dance, or first drink, or first kiss - she is married to someone who doesn't respect her, who needs to control her. So when she finally has a chance to spend time doing "normal" things, how is she supposed to behave, how is she supposed to understand her feelings for men who capture her heart or women who want to be friends. So yes, I understand the frustration with some of characteristics, particularly 2/3 way through the book, and I did find them frustrating, but on reflection, one part of her only knows being controlled, while the other part enjoys gentleness and freedom. Yes it could have been better edited, but in all a good read.

Blood Love (God Wars Book 4)
Blood Love (God Wars Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars Wasn't what I expected, 17 Sept. 2013
I really looked forward to this book, and normally I would say I wasn't disappointed, as I am never disappointed with Connie's books - but I was disappointed. I found it didn't flow and had so much going on - everyone was here, there and everywhere - and although some surprises, in all there were just too many characters cropping up and "in love" and when I got to the end I felt really disappointed. No doubt the Finale will be excellent and I hate to wait until December - but having given Connie excellent reviews from the beginning and recommended her books to anyone who would listen - I just couldn't get my head around this one, sorry...

Tainted Morals
Tainted Morals

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 10 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Tainted Morals (Kindle Edition)
I was impressed with the attention to detail, the characters (who you couldn't help but warm to) and of course the darker element of being pursued by a serial killer and the strength of the female lead's character. Very well put together story, and can't believe it is the only book to appear under the author's name. Look forward to reading more from this author.

Take Care, Sara
Take Care, Sara

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, Emotional and Beautiful, 8 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Take Care, Sara (Kindle Edition)
What an amazing and beautifully written story about what happens when someone loses those they love and try to come to terms with every aspect of the loss as well as blaming themselves because they are haunted by the "what ifs" - some moments of flashbacks, which are just wonderful to read. Although a very sad subject and the turmoil the lead character goes through will at times make you feel her emotion, don't be put off, do read this, as it a journey for not just the female, but for her brother in law, who is a rock - and you can't help but fall in love with Lincoln. The story is so well put together you just don't want to put it down. A must read!

Blood Double (God Wars, Book 1)
Blood Double (God Wars, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Double the Female Lead Characters plus old favourites, 12 May 2013
Connie has come up with two females in this story, not just Breanne, as key characters, although Breanne would appear to be the main character. I love the journal writing, the fact that Lissa and her mates, as well as Reah's mates are included in the storyline. As always, we have beautiful kind women who are or have been bullied coping with major changes in their lives and coming to terms with the "hand" they are being dealt? Breanne is going through changes similar to what Lissa experienced early on, however I think Lissa is going to be very annoyed when she learns who is bullying Breanne! Don't want to spoil anything, but I think if you loved Lissa and Reah, you will love Breanne.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3