Profile for Mr. G. Johns > Reviews

Content by Mr. G. Johns

Mr. G. Johns "Master Mason 6407" (Nottingham, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Bosch KEO Cordless Multisaw
Bosch KEO Cordless Multisaw
Price: 73.14

5.0 out of 5 stars DIY Tools, 7 July 2014
Excellent - the package arrived very swiftly - brilliant. I used it last evening and it satisfied everything I wanted it to. I'm about to purchase packs of spare saws. It was purchased through Free Postage via Super Saver.

Gently with the Ladies (The Inspector George Gently Case Files)
Gently with the Ladies (The Inspector George Gently Case Files)
Price: 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspector George Gently series, 27 Jun 2014
The second George Gently book I've read, jumped from Det. Chief Inspector to Chief Superintendent. I enjoyed it very much.

The Original Inspector George Gently Collection (George Gently Collection 1)
The Original Inspector George Gently Collection (George Gently Collection 1)
Price: 0.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspector George Gently, 24 Jun 2014
The 1st & 2nd of George Gently books. Excellent, lots of words I was formerly unaware of, luckily I have a built-in dictionary. Have purchased the remaining books by this brilliant author. Watch this space!

Ambi Toys Humpty Dumpty
Ambi Toys Humpty Dumpty
Price: 10.55

3.0 out of 5 stars Child's toy, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Ambi Toys Humpty Dumpty (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It rolls...but the description said that it would roll back, well, it doesn't! It is sturdy enough, and is perfectly safe for toddlers to play with, but, a clean and empty can would do the job as well, so, I cannot see why anyone would waste their money on this. To paraphrase another well-known advertisement - "it does(n't) do what it says on the tin!" I cannot recommend it.

Mr Muscle Oxy Stain Remover Fresh Scent
Mr Muscle Oxy Stain Remover Fresh Scent
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Stain Remover, 4 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As we have two West Highland White Terrier puppies, we have tried many different stain and odour removers, but none come up to the performance of this particular one. It not only took out the stains of urine (while we were house training the boys), but completely eradicated the awful stench of urine. I cannot praise this item high enough - well done Mr. Muscle!

100 Hits - Opera
100 Hits - Opera
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical Music CD, 29 May 2014
This review is from: 100 Hits - Opera (MP3 Download)
As a long time lover of opera, especially Italian Opera, I found this CD compilation 'right up my street' (or strada!), and it's firmly in my Kindle Fire so that I can listen to it at any time, day or night, and not restricted to my home or my car - awesome! Thank you Amazon, you're GREAT!

The Hidden Hand: A Brief History of the CIA
The Hidden Hand: A Brief History of the CIA
by Richard H. Immerman
Price: 22.33

3.0 out of 5 stars Non Fiction book, 27 May 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
As I have a life-long interest in "Intelligence" information, having begun with Ian Fleming, John Le Carré, Len Deighton et al, I thought that this book might give me an insight into the infamous Central Intelligence Agency; that it does, however, it has an awful lot of jargon, in particular a host of acronyms, which I found annoying. Usually I can read a book of this size in three sittings, but, as it is boring in many places, it took me about twenty eight days (or to be accurate - nights, as I read before going to sleep). I prefer books which hold my attention, this didn't. On the plus side, the redactions didn't impact on the information; and I learnt things which happened in the world that were unknown to 'the man in the street' - so it was useful in that respect. The author wrote the book like a text book (as we used to call books at school fifty-odd years ago), and he could have made it more readable if he had spiced up the various 'operations'.

The Queen Of Four Kingdoms
The Queen Of Four Kingdoms
Price: 3.66

3.0 out of 5 stars Historical Fiction, 27 April 2014
This book took me too long to read - if it hadn't been this author, i would have skipped many of the chapters out; it was interesting to read a different slant on this period of history - through the eyes of a Spanish lady who adopts France after marrying a French Duke. The descriptions of the various battles, in particular, Agincourt, were good to read, and what really happened to Joan of Arc, not the version by English historians - it's true what they say - history is written by the victors!

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Martin Freeman
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 27 April 2014
I really enjoyed this impression of J. R. R Tolkien's book - The Hobbit. I also enjoyed the first part of this trilogy, and am rerally looking forward to the last part when it is released on DVD.

ViewRanger Outdoors GPS & Maps - Adventure Sports Trail Navigation and Route Tracker
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars GPS & Maps, 27 April 2014
I haven't yet taken it outside to try it out, although I have played with it in the house, and it looks alright. I shall come back and amend this review, after I have tried it in a proper environment, if I remember!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20